- Category: Board
- Topic: Publication of board materials for 22 April 2010
- Board meeting date: 25 June 2010
- Resolution number: 2010.06.25.31
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-25jun10-en.htm#12
- Status: Completed
Directs staff to publish the non-confidential portions of the Board briefing materials for the Board meeting of 22 April 2010.
Publication of Board Briefing Materials for 22 April 2010
Whereas, the Board has for some time wanted to share the briefing papers it receives with the community in the interests of transparency and accountability, and the community has also requested the publication of these materials.
Whereas, as a proof of concept, staff has prepared a version of the Board briefing materials for the Board meeting of 22 April 2010 for publication, with confidential material redacted.
Whereas, the Board Governance Committee will assess results of the proof of concept publication and recommend further guidance to the Board on the practice of sharing Board briefing materials.
Resolved (2010.06.25.31), the Board directs staff to publish the non-confidential portions of the Board briefing materials for the Board meeting of 22 April 2010.
- Publish Board material
- Responsible entity: Office of General Counsel and Secretary
- Due date: None
- Completion date: 25 June 2010, with the posting of the approved minutes from the 22 April 2010 meeting
Other Related Resolutions
- To be determined
- Starting with the 22 April 2010 Board meeting, ICANN adopted a practice of posting the Board Briefing Materials for each meeting along with the approved meeting minutes. All materials are available on the Board Meeting Minutes page at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/.
- A document discussing the practice of the Board Meeting Material postings is available at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/board-briefing-materials-guidelines-21mar11-en.htm and was posted as part of ICANN's work to meet the Accountability and Transparency Review Team recommendations.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Meetings and Resolutions Web Page for more information.