- Category: Board
- Topic: Posting Board preliminary reports and resolutions
- Board meeting date: 12 March 2010
- Resolution number: 2010.03.12.44
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-12mar10-en.htm
- Status: Ongoing, incorporated into Standard Operating Procedures
Adopted Board Governance Committee recommendation on timing of posting preliminary reports and providing earlier public access to resolutions to advance ICANN's practices relating to accountability and transparency.
Whereas, the Board Governance Committee (BGC) presented a recommendation in response to Reconsideration Request 10-1, recommending a change to the Bylaws calling for posting the Board approved resolutions within two (2) business days after the conclusion of each Board meeting and the preliminary report within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of each Board meeting; and
Whereas, the ICANN Board has considered the BGC's recommendation, and has determined that providing for earlier public access to the resolutions would be beneficial and is in keeping with ICANN's practices relating to accountability and transparency.
Resolved (2010.03.12.44), the ICANN Board hereby adopts the recommendation of the Board Governance Committee in relation to the timing of posting preliminary reports and agrees that providing earlier public access to resolutions is an advancement in ICANN's practices relating to accountability and transparency.
- Post Resolutions, Preliminary Reports and MInutes within the specified timeframes after Board Meetings
- Responsible entity: OGC/Board Support
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: March 2010 (first implementation)
Other Related Resolutions
- Acceptance of BGC determination on Reconsideration Request 10-1: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-12mar10-en.htm
- Approval of Bylaws changes pursuant to recommendation on Reconsideration Request 10-1: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-25jun10-en.htm#14
- To be determined
- Information on Reconsideration Requests can be accessed at http://www.icann.org/en/committees/board-governance/requests-for-reconsideration-en.htm
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.