- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: GNSO Improvements, Board Seats Filled by GNSO
- Board meeting date: 30 July 2009
- Resolution number: 2009.30.07.10
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-30jul09.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approved rules and process for the GNSO's selection of candidates to fill Board seats 13 and 14.
Whereas, in June 2008, the Board formed a special working group (WG-GCR) to make specific recommendations regarding the restructuring of the GNSO Council.
Whereas, as part of a comprehensive set of compromise recommendations the WG-GCR recommended that Board Seats #13 and #14 be selected in alternate elections by the Contracted Party House and the Non-contracted Party House of the GNSO Council.
Whereas, the Board accords significant weight to the WG-GCR's compromise recommendation in that it was formed through a thoroughly discussed and comprehensive community compromise.
It is RESOLVED (2009.30.07.10); The Board approves the original recommendation of the WG-GCR with respect to the election of Board seats #13 and #14. The Contract Party House of the GNSO Council will nominate candidates for Board Seat #13 and select a Board member candidate by a 60% majority of that voting house. The Non-Contract Party House will nominate candidates for Board Seat #14 and select a Board member candidate by a 60% majority of that voting house. There will be no other restriction on the nomination or election of those Board candidates.
- Execute approved recommendation
- Responsible entity: GNSO Community and ICANN Policy Staff
- Due date: None specified
- Completion date: 10 March 2010 - for Board Seat 13; Board Seat 14 election will take place at the appropriate time.
Other Related Resolutions
- The GNSO Council approved a procedure to elect Board Seats 13 & 14 (see GNSO Operating Procedures, Section 2.4)
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.