- Category: Root Zone
- Topic: DNSSEC Implementation
- Board meeting date: 30 April 2008
- Resolution number: __.
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-30apr08.htm
- Status: Completed
Board instructs IANA Staff to create an interim registry of DNSSEC trust anchors for TLDs, until the root zone is DNSSEC signed.
Whereas, in the interests of aiding DNSSEC deployment, the ICANN board believes DNSSEC trust anchors for Top Level Domains should be made available conveniently to the DNS community,
It is hereby resolved (__.) that the Board instructs IANA staff, as an interim measure, to create and maintain a Registry of DNSSEC trust anchors for Top-Level Domains until such time as the root zone is DNSSEC signed.
- Create and maintain registry of DNSSEC trust anchors.
- Responsible entity: IANA Staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: June 2008
Other Related Resolutions
- A copy of the IANA presentation on Interim Trust Anchor Registry is available at: http://par.icann.org/files/paris/kjdpdf-paris-ncuc-080624.pdf.
- The ITAR is decommissioned as of November 2010, https://itar.iana.org/ as an interim measure is no longer needed
- Information on Root DNSSEC is located at http://www.root-dnssec.org/
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.