- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: RAA
- Board meeting date: 29 June 2007
- Resolution number: 07.50, 07.51, 07.52
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-29jun07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board directs staff to consider input from the Internet community and to arrive at proposed amendments to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement for Board consideration.
Whereas, ICANN has received considerable comment and recommendations from registrants and others in the Internet community for improvements in ICANN contracts in order to protect the interests of registrants.
Whereas, ICANN posted several recommendations in a call for major review of ICANN's Registrar Accreditation Agreements (RAA) and the accreditation process.
Whereas, community comment received since the posting tends to affirm those same areas as important and ICANN has published specific areas for amendment.
Whereas, ICANN Board and staff have met with the Registrars Constituency to discuss specific recommended changes to the RAA and agreed to continue discussions to expedite the publication and consideration of proposed amendments.
Whereas, it is important to implement amendments in a timely manner to avoid future harm to registrants.
Resolved (07.50), the Board directs staff to solicit and consider the input of the Internet community, including the At-Large community and the GNSO constituencies, regarding proposed changes to the RAA, registrar accreditation process, and related policies.
Resolved (07.51), the Board requests that staff engage with the Registrars Constituency in order to arrive at, and post for public comment, a set of proposed amendments or alternative version to the RAA, that is intended to address to the extent feasible the concerns raised by the Internet community.
Resolved (07.52), that when the RAA is published for public comment, that notice be provided to allow the At-Large Advisory Committee, the GNSO, and other interested parties to review the proposed revised RAA and provide advice to the Board in its review.
- Consider input from ICANN community and engage with registrars to arrive at proposed amendments.
- Responsible entity: ICANN Staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: October 2008
- Provide advice to Board.
- Responsible entity: At Large Advisory Committee and GNSO
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 4 March 2009
Other Related Resolutions
- Board Approval: 2009-05-21-05 and 2009-05-21-06 at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-21may09.htm
- GNSO Approval: 20090304-2 at: http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#200903
- Resolution 99.16 - Board approves and directs implementation of Registrar Accreditation Policy: http://www.icann.org/minutes/minutes-04mar99.htm#99.16
- Other resolutions TBD.
- Ongoing discussions on possible future amendments were called for on the GNSO resolution passed to support these amendments.
- Information on the Registrar Accreditation program as implemented within ICANN is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accreditation-process.htm
- A list of all ICANN-Accredited Registrars is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/accredited-list.html
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.