- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: .TEL Fee structure
- Board meeting date: 29 June 2007
- Resolution number: 07.46
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-29jun07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorizes the President and General Counsel to enter into an amendment of the .TEL Registry Agreement to accept the proposed change in fee structure.
Whereas, Telnic has submitted an amendment to Article VII, Section 7.2(b) of the .TEL Registry Agreement to change the fees paid to ICANN.
Whereas, the language of the proposed agreement is similar to that approved in existing agreements, results in fees aligned more closely to other registries than fees in the existing agreement, and represents a fee reduction.
Whereas, ICANN conducted analysis and review of the requested amendment.
It is hereby resolved (07.46), that the President and General Counsel are authorized to enter into an amendment of the .TEL Registry Agreement to accept the proposed change in fee structure.
- Sign agreement amendment with Telnic.
- Responsible entity: gTLD Registry Liaison
- Due date: as soon as possible after Board approval
- Completion date: 29 June 2007
- Commence billing at new fee structure.
- Responsible entity: ICANN Finance
- Due date: Q1 FY 2008 (1 July - 30 September 2007)
- Completion date: 31 October 2007 (at end of the billing quarter)
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 05.14 - Directing President to provide board with more information from technical evaluators and applicants regarding technical aspects of .TEL sTLD application: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-21mar05.htm
- Resolution 05.44 and 05.45 - Authorizing President and General Counsel to enter negotiations relating to proposed commercial and technical terms of .TEL sTLD with applicant: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-28jun05.htm
- Resolution 06.27 - Approval of proposed agreement with Telnic concerning .TEL sTLD: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-10may06.htm
- Resolution __.2007, __.2007 - Approval of .TEL amendment to amend Whois provisions of Registry Agreement to comply with UK and EU data protection laws: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-18dec07.htm
- Other resolutions TBD
- .TEL Registry Agreement and Amendments: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/tel/
- 7 April 2006: ICANN Posts Proposed Registry Ageement with Telnic (the .TEL Registry)
- 26 April 2007: ICANN Opens Public Comment Period on ICANN Fee Amendment from .TEL
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.