- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: .Renewal of .COOP Sponsorhip Agreement
- Board meeting date: 29 June 2007
- Resolution number: 07.45
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-29jun07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approves the .COOP agreement and authorizes the President to take such actions as appropriate to implement the agreement.
Whereas, ICANN staff conducted good-faith negotiations with DotCooperation LLC, sponsor for the .COOP sponsored top-level domain, for the renewal of their sponsorship agreement.
Whereas, on 20 April 2007, ICANN announced that negotiations with DotCooperation LLC had been successfully completed, and posted the proposed .COOP renewal agreement for public comment <http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-20apr07.htm>.
Whereas, ICANN extended the public comment period on 16 May 2007 in response to community feedback on the proposed renewal agreement <http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-16may07.htm>.
Whereas, DotCooperation LLC wrote to ICANN on 15 June 2007 agreeing to delete a provision from the proposed agreement that would have permitted the sponsor to request exemptions from some consensus policies <http://www.icann.org/correspondence/palage-to-twomey-15jun07.pdf>.
Whereas, the Board carefully considered the proposed renewal agreement, public comments, and the sponsor's responses, and finds that approval of the proposed renewal agreement would be beneficial for ICANN and the Internet community.
It is hereby resolved (07.45), that the .COOP agreement is approved, and the President is authorized to take such actions as appropriate to implement the agreement.
- Execute .COOP Sponsorship Agreement.
- Responsible entity: ICANN Staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 1 July 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 01.74 - Board directs President to form and chair New TLD Evaluation Process Planning Task Force (NTEPPTF): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-04jun01.htm
- Resolution 02.97, 02.97A - Board accepts NTEPPTF report and directs President to produce plan for action for approval by Board at October 2002 meeting in Shanghai, China: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-23aug02.htm
- Resolutions 02.150, 02.151, and 02.152: Board authorizes President to implement NTEPPTF recommendations in Action Plan, requests GNSO to provide recommendation on structure of generic tol level namespace, and directs President to develop draft Request for Proposals: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-15dec02.htm#AnnualMeetingoftheTransitionBoard
- Resolution 03.112 and 03.113 - Board invites public comment on draft request for proposals for sTLDs; requests President to provide to Board detailed plan and schedule for development of appropriate long-term policy for introduction of new gTLDs: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-26jun03.htm
- Resolutions 03.166, 03.167, and 03.168 - Board calls for the development of process and policy for streamlining introduction of new gTLDs as specified in ICANNs MoU with the U.S. Department of Commerce: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/advisory-31oct03.htm
- Resolutions 03.169, 03.170, and 03.171 - Board resolves to negotiate agreement reflecting commercial and technical terms upon completion of sTLD selection, resolves that selection process and implementation for sTLDs will be evaluated, and directs President to finalize and post open Request for Proposals for limited number of new sTLDs: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/advisory-31oct03.htm
- Other resolutions TBD
- .COOP TLD Sponsorship Agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/coop/index-21nov01.html
- .COOP Sponsored TLD Agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/coop/
- For information on the introduction of sTLDs in 2003 - 2004, please refer to:http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/
- To review public comments submitted on the 2003 round, refer to: http://forum.icann.org/mtg-cmts/stld-rfp-comments/general/index.html
- To review the Status Reports on the 2003 round, refer to: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/PostsTLDStatusRpt.pdf
- 15 December 2003 - New sTLD Application: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-application-parta-15dec03.htm
- 24 June 2003 - Request for Proposals, Establishment of new sTLDs (Draft for Public Comment): http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-rfp-24jun03.htm
- 19 March 2004 - Status Report on sTLD Evaluation Process: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/stld-status-report.pdf
- Some analysis of the sTLD program is available in Staff's 24 September 2004 report on a strategy for introducing New gTLDs, at http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-gtld-strategy.pdf, and additional information can be found in the documentation of the New gTLD program, at http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/related-en.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.