- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: Accommodating IPv6 AAAA Records for Root of DNS
- Board meeting date: 30 March 2007
- Resolution number: 07.26, 07.27
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm#_Toc36876530
- Status: Completed
Board accepts the joint RSSAC-SSAC report, and forwards the report to IANA staff to implement the report's recommendations, as appropriate.
Whereas, on 23 March 2007, ICANN's Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC) and Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC) jointly published a report on Accommodating IP Version 6 Address Resource Records for the Root of the Domain Name System.
Whereas, the report includes a roadmap the community can follow to assure that the inclusion of AAAA records in the root hints file and DNS priming responses from root name servers has minimum impact and maximum benefit.
Resolved (07.26), the Board hereby accepts the report, and thanks the members of SSAC and the RSSAC and all other contributors for their efforts in the creation of the report.
Resolved (07.27), the Board forwards the report to IANA staff to consider and implement the report's recommendations as appropriate.
- Implement RSSAC-SSAC joint report's recommendations, as appropriate.
- Responsible entity: IANA staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 4 February 2008
Other Related Resolutions
- Other resolutions TBD.
- For the joint RSSAC-SSAC report to IANA on Accommodating IPv6 AAAA Records for the Root of the DNS, see: http://www.icann.org/committees/security/sac018.pdf.
- For the IANA report describing the introduction of AAAA records on 4 February 2008, see: http://www.iana.org/reports/2008/root-aaaa-announcement.html.
- For more information on the SSAC, see: http:www.icann.org/en/committees/security/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.