- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: .MUSEUM Sponsorship Agreement Extension
- Board meeting date: 30 March 2007
- Resolution number: 07.__
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorizes the President and General Counsel to continue negotiations with MuseDoma in accordance with existing contractual terms, and authorizes extention of the relevant renewal process deadline as necessary and appropriate for up to six full months, while discussion continues.
Whereas, ICANN has been engaged in negotiations with sTLD registry sponsor MuseDoma regarding renewal terms for their registry contract.
Whereas, these negotiations are intended to result in a revised new registry agreement for this sTLD, including revised terms to come into line with other recently approved sTLD registry agreements.
Whereas, it may be beneficial for all parties involved to allow for an extension of the deadline of the existing agreement so that ICANN and the registry sponsor will have adequate time to address public comments raised by the proposed renewal agreement and the subsequent discussion in the 27 March 2007 registrar constituency meeting that led to the proposed path of extension of the current agreement.
Resolved (07.__), the President and the General Counsel are authorized to continue negotiations with MuseDoma in accordance with existing contractual terms, and are authorized to extend the relevant renewal process deadline as necessary and appropriate for up to six full months, while discussion continue.
- Continue negotiations with MuseDoma and extend renewal deadline
- Responsible entity: ICANN President and General Counsel
- Due date: 30 September 2007
- Completion date: 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 01.74 - Board directs President to form and chair New TLD Evaluation Process Planning Task Force (NTEPPTF): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-04jun01.htm
- Resolution 02.97, 02.97A - Board accepts NTEPPTF report and directs President to produce plan for action for approval by Board at October 2002 meeting in Shanghai, China: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-23aug02.htm
- Resolutions 02.150, 02.151, and 02.152: Board authorizes President to implement NTEPPTF recommendations in Action Plan, requests GNSO to provide recommendation on structure of generic tol level namespace, and directs President to develop draft Request for Proposals: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-15dec02.htm#AnnualMeetingoftheTransitionBoard
- Resolution 03.112 and 03.113 - Board invites public comment on draft request for proposals for sTLDs; requests President to provide to Board detailed plan and schedule for development of appropriate long-term policy for introduction of new gTLDs: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-26jun03.htm
- Resolutions 03.166, 03.167, and 03.168 - Board calls for the development of process and policy for streamlining introduction of new gTLDs as specified in ICANNs MoU with the U.S. Department of Commerce: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/advisory-31oct03.htm
- Resolutions 03.169, 03.170, and 03.171 - Board resolves to negotiate agreement reflecting commercial and technical terms upon completion of sTLD selection, resolves that selection process and implementation for sTLDs will be evaluated, and directs President to finalize and post open Request for Proposals for limited number of new sTLDs: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/advisory-31oct03.htm
- Resolution 07.103 - Approval of proposed .MUSEUM renewal agreement (Meeting Minutes 2 November 2007): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-02nov07.htm
- Other resolutions TBD
- .MUSEUM TLD Sponsorship Agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/museum/
- Proposed .MUSEUM sTLD Registry Agreement Posted for Public Comment on 2 March 2007: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-02mar07.htm
- Updated agreement posted 31 August 2007: http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-31aug07.htm
- For information on the introduction of sTLDs in 2003 - 2004, please refer to:http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/
- To review public comments submitted on the 2003 round, refer to: http://forum.icann.org/mtg-cmts/stld-rfp-comments/general/index.html
- To review the Status Reports on the 2003 round, refer to: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/PostsTLDStatusRpt.pdf
- 15 December 2003 - New sTLD Application: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-application-parta-15dec03.htm
- 24 June 2003 - Request for Proposals, Establishment of new sTLDs (Draft for Public Comment): http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-rfp-24jun03.htm
- 19 March 2004 - Status Report on sTLD Evaluation Process: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/stld-status-report.pdf
- Some analysis of the sTLD program is available in Staff's 24 September 2004 report on a strategy for introducing New gTLDs, at http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-gtld-strategy.pdf, and additional information can be found in the documentation of the New gTLD program, at http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/related-en.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.