- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: Assignment of .PRO registry agreement
- Board meeting date: 18 February 2004
- Resolution number: 04.17
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-18feb04.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approves request to assign the .PRO registry agreement to a new party.
After discussion, the Board of Directors, passed the following resolution by an 9-0 vote with one abstention (Board Director Veni Markovski abstained; and Board Directors Mouhamet Diop, Hagen Hultzsch, and Njeri Rionge left the Board Meeting prior to the vote):Whereas, on 3 May 2002, ICANN entered a .pro Registry Agreement with RegistryPRO, Inc.;
Whereas, subsection 5.11 of the .pro Registry Agreement provides that "Registry Operator may assign this Agreement as part of the transfer of its registry business if such transfer and assignment are approved in advance by ICANN...";
Whereas on 11 December 2003, RegistryPRO informed ICANN that it was in the process of selling certain property and assets used by RegistryPRO in the ownership and operation of the .pro registry to Registry Services Corporation, a Nevada corporation fully owned by Hostway Corporation;
Whereas Hostway is a large and established webhosting company, with headquarters in Chicago and facilities in America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific;
Wheras ICANN has received a request from RegistryPro to assign its rights and obligations under the registry agreement to Registry Services Corporation;
Whereas ICANN has reviewed the request for ICANN approval of the assignment, and has determined that granting it would promote the community interest;
Resolved [04.17], that the President and General Counsel are authorized to approve the request to assign the .pro registry agreement from RegistryPro, Inc. to Registry Services Corporation.
- Assign .PRO registry agreement.
- Responsible entity: President and General Counsel
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 18 February 2004
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 04.35 - Authorizing amendment of .PRO registry agreement to extend timeframe for delegation of .PRO nameservers: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-19apr04.ht
- Other resolutions TBD
- The .PRO registry agreement is available at http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/pro/
- ICANN Publishes Comprehensive Evaluation of the Introduction of the .aero, .biz, .coop, .info, .museum, .name and .pro gTLDs
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.