- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: Security Committee
- Board meeting date: 13 May 2002
- Resolution number: 02.63, 02.64, 02.65
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-13may02.htm
- Status: Completed
Board converts the President's Committee on Security and Stability into the Security and Stability Advisory Committee.
Whereas, in resolution 01.117, the Board directed the President to appoint a standing committee on the security and stability of the Internet's naming and address allocation systems ("President's Committee on Security and Stability") and to propose a charter, developed in consultation with the committee, for approval by the Board;
Whereas, the President has appointed Dr. Stephen Crocker as chair of the President's Committee on Security and Stability and has appointed the following persons as members: Alain Aina (Consultant), Jaap Akkerhuis (SIDN), Doug Barton (Yahoo!), Steve Bellovin (AT&T), Rob Blokzijl (RIPE), David Conrad (Nominum), Daniel Karrenberg (RIPE-NCC), Mark Kosters (VeriSign), Allison Mankin (ISI), Ram Mohan (Afilias), Russ Mundy (Network Associates Laboratories), Jun Murai (Keio University), Frederico Neves (registro.br), Ray Plzak (ARIN), Doron Shikmoni (ForeScout, ISOC-IL), Ken Silva (VeriSign), Bruce Tonkin (Melbourne IT), Paul Vixie (ISC), and Rick Wesson (Alice's Registry);
Whereas, the President developed a charter for the committee in consultation with the committee's members;
Whereas, the Board approved the charter in resolution 02.27;
Whereas, in view of the importance of sound advice on security and stability issues in guiding the Board's actions, it appears appropriate to convert the President's Committee on Security and Stability into an advisory committee to the Board;
Resolved [02.63], the Security and Stability Advisory Committee is hereby established as an advisory committee under Article VII, Section 3 of the bylaws, replacing the President's Committee on Security and Stability;
Resolved [02.64], the Security and Stability Advisory Committee shall have the charter that was approved in resolution 02.27; and
Resolved [02.65], that the chair and members of the President's Committee on Security and Stability, as stated above, are hereby appointed as the chair and members of the Security and Stability Advisory Committee.
- Responsible entity: None
- Due date: None Provided
- Completion date: None
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolutions not identified in the text of the resolution above TBD
- The Security Committee charter is available at: [http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/charter-14mar02.htm|http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/charter-14mar02.htm]
- Security and stability advisory committee, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.