- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: .name Registry Agreement
- Board meeting date: 31 July 2001
- Resolution number: 01.76, 01.77
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-31jul01.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorizes President to enter into .name registry agreement and to implement the agreement once signed.
(Adopted 14-2, with Amadeu Abril i Abril and Andy Mueller-Maguhn voting against and Jun Murai having left the call.)Whereas, the posting of the .name registry agreements, with all its appendices, was completed on 3 July 2001;
Whereas, under resolution 01.25 seven days were allowed for Board members to make any additional comments on the agreements to the President and General Counsel;
Whereas, Amadeu Abril i Abril made an objection to the proposed SLD e-mail forwarding service within that period and the Board has discussed it;
Resolved [01.76], that the President is authorized to enter the .name registry agreement, with any minor, non-substantive corrections as the President determines are consistent with the intention of the agreements as posted; and
Further resolved [01.77], that the President is authorized to implement the agreements once they are signed, including by accrediting registrars for the .name top-level domain (in that regard, registrars already accredited and in good standing for .biz, .com, .info, .net, or .org may be accredited for .name without additional qualifying procedures upon entering an accreditation agreement that the President determines is consistent with the existing accreditation agreement for .biz, .com, .info, .net, and .org).
- Execute and implement .name Registry Agreement
- Responsible entity: ICANN President
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 1 August 2001
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 02.142 - Authorizing amendment to .NAME registry agreement to implement revised Whois requirements (Meeting Minutes 02 December 2002): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-02dec02.htm
- Resolution 03.140 - Authorizing staff to negotiate amendments to .NAME registry agreement to implement second-level registration product offering (Meeting Minutes 08 August 2003): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-08aug03.htm
- Resolution 04.94 - Authorizing amendment to .NAME registry agreement to allow additional time for implementation of EPP (Meeting Minutes 15 November 2004): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-15nov04.htm
- Resolution 07.03 - Authorizing amendment of the .NAME Registry Agreement to implement the proposed registry service (Meeting Minutes 16 January 2007): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-17jan07.htm
- Other resolutions TBD
- The historical .name Registry Agreement is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/name/
- The Registry Agreement contains funding provisions.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.