- Category: ccTLDs
- Topic: Agreements with ccTLD Managers
- Board meeting date: 13 March 2001
- Resolution number: 01.37
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-13mar01.htm
- Status: Complete
Board resolves that ICANN management will complete draft legacy agreements.
Since the last ICANN meeting in November 2000, ICANN Directors and management have significantly increased the amount of time and effort dedicated to contractual discussions with ccTLD managers.
Successful ccTLD/ICANN meetings have been held in Honolulu, Geneva, and Melbourne, bringing the ccTLD community notably closer to consensus on the nature and elements of appropriate agreements with ICANN.
It is resolved that:
[Resolution 01.37] ICANN management is directed to press forward with continued vigor toward the completion of draft legacy agreements, and to pursue, as needed, acceptable ccTLD agreements in triangular situations.
- Continue to draft ICANN-ccTLD agreements.
- Responsible entity: ICANN Management
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: Complete
Other Related Resolutions
- Direction to work on draft language for agreements, at 10 March 2000 Resolution 00.13, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-10mar00.htm, and 25 September 2000 Resolution 00.75, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-25sep00.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
- All ccTLD Agreements are available at http://www.icann.org/en/cctlds/agreements.html. In 2006, ICANN and interested ccTLD managers began entering into Exchanges of Letters and Accountability Frameworks, which are also available at that page.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.