- Category: Internet Protocols
- Topic: Ad Hoc Group
- Board meeting date: 13 March 2001
- Resolution number: 01.16, 01.17, 01.18, 01.19
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-13mar01.htm
- Status: Completed
Board refers the McFadden-Holmes Report to the Address Council of the Address Supporting Organization for development of recommendations; declares work of the Ad Hoc Group complete; and requests Staff to continue archiving the Ad Hoc Group's postings for at least one year.
Whereas, on 26 August 1999, in resolution 99.79, the Board established an ad hoc group to be charged with developing the objectives and proposing structures for future policies in the area of numbering, especially as required to meet global market needs and taking into account the convergence of information technology services and networks;
Whereas, an Ad Hoc Group on Numbering and Addressing was convened for discussion of these issues by way of a web-based public comment forum established for that purpose under the guidance of an editorial group;
Whereas, in the time since establishment of the forum various participants have made useful contributions to the web-based public comment forum on numbering and addressing issues, including an extensive report posted by Mark McFadden and Tony Holmes on 8 March 2001;
It is therefore
Resolved [01.16] that the Board refers the 8 March 2001 McFadden/Holmes report to the Address Council of the Address Supporting Organization for further consideration and development of recommendations as appropriate by that body;
Resolved [01.17] that the Board declares the work of the Ad Hoc Group on Numbering and Addressing completed;
Resolved [01.18] that the Board requests the ICANN staff to arrange for continued on-line archiving of the substantive postings of the Ad Hoc Group for a suitable period of at least one year; and
Resolved [01.19] that the Board thanks Mark McFadden, Tony Holmes, and the editorial group for their significant contributions to the work of the Ad Hoc Group.
- Arrange for on-line archiving of the Ad Hoc Group's substantive postings for at least one year.
- Responsible entity: Staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 2002
Other Related Resolutions
- A copy of the McFadden-Holmes Report, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/adhoc/mcfadden-holmes-report-08mar01.htm.
- The Ad Hoc Group's public forum postings, available at: http://forum.icann.org/adhoc/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.