- Category: Board
- Topic: Bylaw Amendment - Terms of Original Supporting Organization
- Board meeting date: 10 March 2000
- Resolution number: 00.19
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-10mar00.htm
- Status: Completed
Board amends the Corporation's bylaws to allow the Supporting Organization Council to vote to revise its designation of which person shall serve which term.
WHEREAS, on February 16, 2000, proposed amendments to Article V, Section 2, to allow redesignation of the terms of Original Directors selected by Supporting Organizations were posted on the Corporation's web site;
WHEREAS, public comments were solicited on the proposed amendment;
WHEREAS, no comments were received; it is
RESOLVED [00.19] that the following sentence is added to the end of Article V, Section 2, of the Corporation's bylaws: The Supporting Organization Council may by a two-thirds vote revise its designation of which of the selected persons shall serve which of the staggered terms; such revision shall become effective upon the Secretary's receipt, within 180 days of the original notification, of the written consents of each Original Director whose term is affected by the revision.
- Record bylaw change.
- Responsible entity: ICANN Staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: March 2000
Other Related Resolutions
- Minutes of the Board meeting of 10 March 2000 were approved by unanimous consent as recorded in the Minutes of the 4 May 2000 Board Minutes, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-04may00.htm.
- Other resolutions TBD.
- The amended terms of the Original Supporting Organization were approved for inclusion in the Bylaws as amended on 10 March 2000, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/general/archive-bylaws/bylaws-10mar00.htm#V.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.