- Category: Internet Protocols
- Topic: Ad Hoc Group on Numbering
- Board meeting date: 4 November 1999
- Resolution number: 99.138, 99.139
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-04nov99.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approves charter for Ad Hoc Group on Numbering and directs opening of public comment forum and website.
WHEREAS on October 21, 1999, Director Kraaijenbrink proposed for public review and comment a charter for an ad hoc group to be formed pursuant to Board Resolution 99.79;
WHEREAS the proposed charter was discussed and revised at an open public forum on November 2, 1999, in Los Angeles;
WHEREAS a number of constructive criticisms, comments, and suggestions were made by a wide range of interested parties; and
WHEREAS the proposed charter was revised and redrafted and presented at the ICANN Public Forum on November 3, 1999; it is now
RESOLVED [99.138], that the Board endorses the proposed charter for the ad hoc group, and directs that it be included with these minutes as Attachment A; and
RESOLVED [99.139], that the President and CEO, working with Director Kraaijenbrink, is directed to establish a dedicated ICANN Public Comment Forum on the ICANN website, and to invite a small Editorial Group to coordinate and contribute to the work of the Forum.
- Open public comment forum and create website.
- Responsible entity: Staff
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: November 1999
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 99.79 approved formation of the Ad Hoc Group on Future Numbering Requirements, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/meetings/santiago/santiago-resolutions.htm.
- Background and information on the Ad Hoc Group on Future Numbering Requirements, available at: http://icann.org/en/committees/adhoc/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.