- Category: Internet Protocols
- Topic: Formation of Ad Hoc Group on Numbering
- Board meeting date: 26 August 1999
- Resolution number: 99.79
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/meetings/santiago/santiago-resolutions.htm
- Status: Completed
Board directs creation of an ad hoc group charged with developing the objectives and proposing structures for future policies in the area of numbering.
RESOLVED [99.79] that the Interim President and CEO, working with Director Kraaijenbrink, is directed to establish an ad hoc group to be charged with developing the objectives and proposing structures for future policies in the area of numbering, especially as required to meet global market needs and taking into account the convergence of information technology services and networks. The group will include representatives of businesses, including telecom operators and Internet service providers and trade organizations, the ASO Council, the ICANN Board, and other legitimately interested parties. The group will present an interim report before the second ICANN public meeting in 2000. A final report from the ad hoc group will be presented to the ICANN Board prior to the Annual Meeting in 2000.
- Form ad hoc group and present reports.
- Responsible entity: CEO, Director Kraaijenbrink
- Due date: 16 July 2000 and 16 November 2000
- Completion date: February 2001
Other Related Resolutions
- The work of the Ad Hoc Group was brought to conclusion at the Board's 13 March 2001 Meeting, available at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-13mar01.htm.
- Additional resolutions TBD.
- Background and information on the Ad Hoc Group on Future Numbering Requirements, available at: http://icann.org/en/committees/adhoc/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.