1. You must be logged in to the Community Wiki with a valid Username and Password in order to complete forms within CROP.
2. Your organization must first complete and get approval for the Outreach Strategic Plan before any CROP trip could be processed.
3. There are two CROP forms required for each Trip: a) a Trip Proposal; b) a Trip Assessment (must be complete within three (3) weeks of all travelers having returned from the event, no later than the assessment due date which is automatically calculated based on the trip return date).
4. Multiple travelers are asked to collaborate as a team in pulling together the appropriate information.
5. To fill out the the form, click(top of the screen)
6. Answer each of the questions that appears within the form. Use the scroll bar (right) to reveal all contents. Click here to read the full instructions
7. Some information fields are 'richtext' so that they can accommodate tables, links, images, attachments, and other formatting capabilities that may be useful in explaining/describing this proposal.
8. CROP forms must be completed in English. For those who do not speak English, all of the pages within this Wiki may be translated using the "Translate" option located at the end of the status line just below the page title. (Disclaimer: These translations are computer-generated and, as such, may not be technically correct in all instances).
9. When you are finished answering the questions, remember tothe page (bottom right of the screen).
10. This form may be edited/saved as many times as needed. If you need to amend any information/contents subsequently, you simply click on the appropriate form and then clickon the top menu bar. Don’t forget to any changes you make. All prior versions are automatically archived.
11. Once any form has been completed, please notify your Program Coordinator (PC) for further processing. The designated PC is responsible for (a) reviewing each form for completeness, (b) coordinating within the ICANN structure and with the Stakeholder Engagement VPs to determine which trips will be approved, and (c) communicating form dispositions to the CROP Administrators (Staff) for further processing.
12. Once any form is fully approved and has received concurrence from the designated Regional VP, Program Administrators (Staff) will mark APPROVED in the status section and lock the forms to prevent further changes by you. It will receive continued management, processing, and tracking by Staff.
13. Have questions? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page, and reach out to your designated Program Coordinator (PC).
IMPORTANT: This form must be completed by the traveler him/herself.
|Person Completing Form|
|Assessment Due Date|
Link to Trip Assessment
|NPOC Trip Assessment 2|
Trip Proposal Section
1) Traveler Contact Information and Itinerary:
|2) Special Travel Circumstances, Arrangements, |
Explanations, or Notations:
(Please identify each traveler, as applicable)
Additional travel within Japan may be undertaken at personal expense.
|3) Event/Conference Name, Title, or Descriptor:|
|4) Event/Conference Dates:|
|5) Event/Conference Website Link:|
|6) Primary Event/Conference Location:|
|7) ICANN Global Stakeholder Engagement Region:|
8) Activity Sponsors:
ICANN 64 sponsors
9) Proposed Goals and Outcomes:
Content Guidelines (click here)
Please develop specific goals/outcomes for as many of the following categories as applicable:
1) Workshops/Seminars/Presentations including roles (e.g., speaker, facilitator, organizer), relevant content, literature to be disseminated, and specific purposes/objectives.
2) Engagement/Outreach including broadening awareness of ICANN in targeted regional areas (e.g., under-represented).
3) Recruitment including formal/informal invitations to become involved in ICANN stakeholder communities, working groups, and/or fellowship programs.
4) Fulfillment of documented Outreach Strategic Plans and/or ICANN Regional Strategies.
5) Knowledge Sharing including intentions to extend learnings within and among ICANN stakeholder communities.
I am currently the Chair of the NPOC Policy Committee, and improving policy engagement is a priority for NPOC this year. At ICANN 63 we began holding face to face policy committee meetings (two) and a program of policy capacity building events. We have a plan of events to re-engage our membership in policy work, and policy based outreach events. As Policy Committee Chair, it is important that I am able to attend the Kobe meeting to chair policy meetings, attend policy meeting and events, and liaise with community members and staff regarding policy planning.
We are currently planning policy outreach, policy discussion, capacity building, and planning activities for the Kobe meeting, and if I am able to attend using CROP funding I will chair or co-chair the majority of these activities.
|10) Additional Information (optional):|
11) Consent & Authorization:
If you agree to text above, please fill out your name and date in the box on the right.
Note: The first three elements below should be completed by a Program Coordinator (PC) designated by this organization/structure.
|Acknowledgements||Confirmed?||Who Confirmed?||Date of Confirmation||Notes|
|The participants identified in this application agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this FY18 Community Regional Outreach Program (CROP) as outlined on the CROP Procedures & Guidelines page.|
|The ICANN Organization / Structure's leadership has authorized the submission of this Trip Proposal.|
On behalf of the NPOC Excom
|The ICANN Stakeholder Engagement Vice-President has concurred that the Proposed Goals/Outcomes of this Trip Proposal are consistent with operational plans and/or strategies.|
Jia Rong Low
Entered by Ozan Sahin
|The CROP Staff Administrators confirm that this trip satisfies the program's terms, guidelines, and policies.|
Approved Travel Elements:
Staff Department Notifications:
|Program Requirement||Date Satisfied/Confirmed||Staff Name||Notes|
Program Criteria Satisfied
Constituency Travel Notified
CROP support (hotel/lodging and per diem) will be available only for 8, 9, 10, and 11 March. CT has been notified that David Cake would be supported under other programs as well (i.e. Leadership Program) so CT Team will work with David Cake to see if an earlier departure date or later return date is needed.
Travel Booking Initiated with Attendees
Joseph de Jesus
I think it would be best to change his approved dates of arrival/departure from: March 8 – March 11. The Leadership Program funding ends on the 8th and will need to check-out on the 8th. For consistency purposes, the CROP program should start from the 8 and end on the 11th – for 3 nights/4 days.
CROP Trip Proposal Template (June 2018)