The next  Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP WG teleconference is scheduled for Tuesday 23 December 2014 at 1500 UTC (07:00 PST, 10:00 EST, 15:00 London, 16:00 CET).

For other times: http://tinyurl.com/ksm6cdy

Adobe Connect WITH AUDIO enabled: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/ppsai/ 

Agenda:

1.  Roll Call/Updates to SOI
  2. Conclude discussions on Category G (latest draft attached)
  3. Next steps (WG review of draft Initial Report in January, with a view to publication for public comment by 19 January)

Document for Review:

Notes on Cat G - 8 Dec 2014

MP3 Recording: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20141223-en.mp3

Meeting Transcript: http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/transcript-ppsa-23dec14-en.pdf

Attendees: 

Frank Michlick – Individual

Justin Macy - BC

Val Sherman – IPC

Theo Geurts - RrSG

Stephanie Perrin - NCSG

James Bladel – RrSG

Griffin Barnett – IPC

Kathy Kleiman – NCSG

Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP

Phil Corwin – BC

Sarah Wyld – RrSG

Richard Leaning – no SOI

Darcy Southwell – RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG

Todd Williams – IPC

David Heasley - IPC

Paul McGrady – IPC

David Hughes - IPC

Carlton Samuels – ALAC

Tatiana Khramtsova  - RrSG

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Chris Pelling - RrSG

John Berryhill – RrSG – not listed as PPSAI WG member

Apologies:

Lindsay Hamilton-Reid- RrSG

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Vicky Scheckler – IPC

Holly Raiche  ALAC

Kiran Malancharuvil – IPC

Jim Bikoff - IPC

Marika Konings

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Daniela Andela

Nathalie Peregrine

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 23 December 2014:

Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 23 December 2014

Val Sherman:Hello All!

Sarah Wyld - Aplus.net:Good morning!

Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all, I apologize but today a may have to leave before the end oof the call.

Mary Wong:No worries, Osvaldo!

Don Blumenthal:Usual audio problems on this  PC.

Val Sherman:ditto

Stephanie Perrin:Wicked echo, Don

Stephanie Perrin:Better!  thanks

Osvaldo Novoa:Is OK now

Nathalie  Peregrine:John Berryhill has joined the call

Chris Pelling:afternoon all, sorry I am late

Stephanie Perrin:Sounds like a great idea, customers would then also understand what could happen

Mary Wong:Thanks, James!

Paul McGrady:Sorry to be late.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Paul McGrady has joined the room

Frank Michlick:Agree, transferring a P&P registration elsewhere is not as trivial as it may sound and may involve a change of registrar.

Frank Michlick:If P&P were a registry function then it would be a different story, but it isn't and probably shouldn't be.

Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton Samuels has joined the room

Carlton Samuels:Morning all

Carlton Samuels:We cannot assume that a P/P service provider is a registry

Carlton Samuels:..let's deconstruct; the one must not be tied to the other.  There must be specific policy guidelines for deaccreditation for whatever reason

Carlton Samuels:So we explicity state what deaccreditation means in this context, maybe with a listing of actions, without restrictions

Kathy:sorry, participating from a tough spot.

Kathy:But are both privacy and choice preserved for Registrants

Kathy:in the new language?

Carlton Samuels:@Kathy: Yes, I think it should be

Richard Leaning:i agree also with Kathy

Kathy:Great- that's key!

Mary Wong:@James, no we don't have that explicitly stated at the moemnt; something to include in the final draft Initial Report

Osvaldo Novoa:Sorry all, I have to leave now.  Best wishes to all in the up coming festivities

Kathy:There are a lot of privacy/data protection statute issues involved in the escrow of p/p data

Carlton Samuels:@James: Even with escrow, the registrant must NOT be disadvantaged and should retin the right to choose their provider

Kathy:I think it is something we should discuss - perhaps with the larger group

Carlton Samuels:@Kathy: +1. The data protection principles under which the data was originally curated remains with the data. So it cannot go to a regime that is less than what originally obtains

Carlton Samuels:When I use the term 'regime' I mean both law and practicve

Carlton Samuels:hardly: U sound far away Steph

Chris Pelling:I can hear aok

Chris Pelling:gone all quiet now

Chris Pelling:WOW

Chris Pelling:hehe

Frank Michlick:the whole thing

Frank Michlick:please

Kathy:@Stephanie, is this what you are saying: that the commitment of protection by a secondary P/P Provider (who receives the transferred escrowed data) should be similar to the protections of the original P/P Providers?

Carlton Samuels:@ Kathy: The registrant should have a say; must affirm positively

Frank Michlick:Thank you

Stephanie Perrin:No problem!

Stephanie Perrin:Absolutely agree with James....

Carlton Samuels:The P/P provision is assumed to be a set of conditions not necessarily related to DP law.  The terms are paramount here for the registrant who signed up

James Bladel:Volker:  I'm curious do you have issues with Iron Mountain/Data Escrow?  Does IM store your data somewhere in Europe?

Theo Geurts:i expect issues with Iron Mountain later on when EU privacy laws get tougher

Carlton Samuels:What we must ensure is that they are not disadvantaged in failure in any way shape or form.  We can frame what should ahppen in that event using a DP-type regime since they exist and I don't like to recreate wheels.

Carlton Samuels:But the baseline is a set of contracted conditions that must be preserved

Theo Geurts:but iron mountain is not the only ICANN appointed Escrow service, so i expect we will switch in the future

Don Blumenthal:Or a Russian entity for Rusian customers because of their new law?

Stephanie Perrin:This is what binding corporate rules gets around....and those rules could be part of the accreditation requirements which you suggested.

Volker Greimann:James: That is already the case. Your european customer data _is_ subject to European DP laws

Carlton Samuels:@Steph: +1

Volker Greimann:under European law, that is

Frank Michlick: Happy Holidays!

Kathy:Happy Holidays, All!

Paul McGrady:Thanks everyone!  Happy Holidays!

Carlton Samuels:Thank you Don for piloting

Frank Michlick:See you in the new year.

Philip Corwin:Merry everthing!

Carlton Samuels:Every Good Wish ALL

Stephanie Perrin:Happy holidays everyone!

James Bladel:Thanks, Don and the PPSAI Die Hards!  See you in 2015!

Kathy:Tx Don!

Darcy Southwell:Happy holidays!

Theo Geurts:happy holidays everyone

• No labels