NCUC ExComm Elections Results
Chair: Renata Aquino Ribeiro
Louise Marie Hurel (EU)
Ines Hfaiedh (AF)
Elsa Saade (APAC)
Michael Karanicolas (NA)
Bruna Santos (LAC)
Meet the Candidate Call | 20 Oct 2017
transcript | ac chat | mp3 | notes
The positions to be filled are:
1. Chair [currently held by Farzaneh Badii, was elected as NCSG Chair]
2. EC – Europe [currently held by Tatiana Tropina, ineligible for another term. Elected to GNSO Councillor)]
3. EC - Africa [currently held by Ines Hfaideh, eligible for reelection]
Biographies on the current members are available from https://www.ncuc.org/bylaws/leadership/
NCUC EC really needs committed volunteers who are willing to donate a few hours a week to collaboration in order to help ensure that civil society's voice is heard in ICANN. The EC’s responsibilities are administrative management, in-reach and outreach, and interfacing with ICANN’s staff and community as needed. NCUC Chair has also several duties and roles to fulfill. If you think that you or someone you know would be well suited to the tasks involved, then please consider nominating accordingly.
We will conduct a quick check-in process to build the voter list, similar to the process done for NCSG election. The process is ongoing. You just need to respond to the email to be considered as active and added to the voters list. We are targeting those who didn't check-in for this year NCSG election, those who already checked-in for that election will be in the NCUC voters list for 2017.
if you would like to correct current email address in our data base in order for staff to send you a ballot. So within the next couple weeks, Maryam Bakoshi will send mail to every address in our data base asking for a reply email confirming that it is the valid address for the individual member or organizational representative listed at http://www.ncuc.org/about/members/. Please make sure that her message does not get lost in a spam filter. the email address would be: email@example.com
III. Candidate Statements
For the statement, the nominated candidate should answer:
* Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
* Any conflicts of interest;
- Why do you want to serve on the EC?
- Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the relevance of your personal and professional experience to serve on the NCUC Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interests you might have.
- The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the Constituency. What level of time commitment can you bring to your EC role on a weekly and overall basis? Describe any concerns or limitations on your ability to attend online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN Meetings in person.
- Communication with the membership is critical. How would you keep members apprised of your EC-related activities?
- How do you foresee NCUC’s function, scale, or role changing in the future? What areas of ICANN policy, if any, need more attention and why? Incumbent candidates should answer in a manner that is both backward and forward looking, i.e. taking note of their contributions and work in the previous year.
The statements should be relatively concise, e.g. a couple paragraphs per question
IV. "Meet the Candidates” Virtual Meeting?
In the week prior to the voting period, we will organize a confcall for the membership to ask candidates. The candidates confcall is scheduled for Friday 20 Oct 2017.
The vote is weighted in NCUC and as indicated in current NCUC bylaws (http://www.ncuc.org/governance/bylaws/ Article VI voting): individual:1, small:1, large:2
VI. Election Timeline
- Nomination period begins – 03 Oct 2017
- Nomination period ends - 17 Oct 2017
- Deadline for nomination acceptance – 18 Oct 2017
- Deadline for candidate statements - 19 Oct 2017
- Check in ends - 19 Oct 2017
- Candidate Call – 20 Oct 2017
- Voting begins - 23 Oct 2017
- Voting ends - 05 Nov 2017
- Results announced - 06 Nov 2017
VII. Ballot: TBD
1. For all positions, please select 1 candidate only; if you select more than 1 your vote won’t be counted
2. You can change your vote until the deadline on 05 November 2017, 23:59 UTC. Only the last selection will be counted.
3. You can vote for all Executive Committee positions regardless of what region you are in.
4. If you don't select any choice for a seat, the vote for that seat will be counted as zero.
5. You will receive several reminders during the election with the same link to your ballot. The weight of your vote is indicated in the ballot (1 for individual, 1 for small organisation and 2 for large organisation).
6. The candidate with the most votes wins. If the abstention count is greater than any candidate for a seat, the seat will remain vacant.
Thank you for participating in NCUC!