Chair: Stephanie Perrin
GNSO Councillors: Farell Folly, Farzaneh Badii, Tatiana Tropina
Meet the Candidate call:
The candidate nomination period runs 23 May - 04 June, and the voting takes place 10 June - 23 June for all positions.
Nominations of candidates, their acceptance and the required candidacy statement should all be made to the NCSG discuss list by the dates below to be effective.
*The following 4 NCSG positions are up for election this fall:*
- NCSG Chair, currently Stephanie Perrin, eligible for re-election;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Tatiana Tropina, eligible for one more term;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Arsene Tungali, eligible for one more term;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Ayden Fèrdeline, eligible for one more term
*NCSG Election Schedule:*
May 13 - June 07: Check-in period
23 May - 04 June: Nomination period
05 June: Deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement.
07 June: Meet the candidates call
09 June: Voter roll finalized
10 June - 23 June: Voting
24 June: Results announced
Any member of the NCSG may nominate any NCSG active member either for the position of an NCSG GNSO Council Representative or for NCSG Chair.
Once nominated, the nominee is responsible for public acceptance of the nomination and for making a *public statement* that includes:
- Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
- Any conflicts of interest;
- Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position;
- Qualifications for the position;
- Statement of availability for the time the position requires; and
- Optionally, any other information that the candidate believes is relevant.
** Also note that under the rules, no more than two (2) NCSG GNSO Council Representatives can be declared resident of the same geographic region as defined by ICANN, and there should be at least two of each gender.
** These terms all commence on 07 November 2019 (at the conclusion of the 2019 Annual ICANN Meeting in Montreal).
** All NCSG members will receive a separate email notice requesting "check-in" and verification of email address.
This is an election with ballots.
- The vote will be open from 10 June - 23 June 23:59 UTC
- A ballot sent to each of the active members, which list will be closed on 07 June 2019 23:59 UTC
- This ballot will come from email@example.com.
- Voters will need to select 3 council candidates and 1 NCSG Chair candidate.
- For the NCSG Chair, the candidate with the most votes will be elected.
The selection will not occur through acclamation.
2019 NCSG Election Candidates
I. 2019 - 2020 NCSG Chair
(1 to elect) 1-year term
|Stephanie Perrin||Tapani Tarvainen||Yes||NA|
II. 2019 NCSG GNSO Representatives
(3 to elect) each 2-year terms
|Arsene Tungali||Varsha Sewlal||No||N/A||AF|
|Tatiana Tropina||Varsha Sewlal||Yes||Submitted||EU|
|Farell Folly||Stephanie Perrin||Yes||Submitted||AF|
|Farzaneh Badii||Amr Elsadr||Yes||Submitted||NA|