Chair: Stephanie Perrin
GNSO Councillors: Rafik Dammak, Martin Silva Valent, Elsa Saade
The candidate nomination period runs 18 July - 01 August, and the voting takes place 07 August - 20 August for all positions.
Nominations of candidates, their acceptance and the required candidacy statement should all be made to the NCSG discuss list by the dates below to be effective.
*The following 4 NCSG positions are up for election this fall:*
- NCSG Chair, currently Farzaneh Badii, eligible for re-election;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Rafik Dammak, eligible for one more term;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Stephanie Perrin, term-limited;
- 2-year Council seat, currently Martin Silva Valent
*NCSG Election Schedule:*
Jul 06 check-in begins
Jul 18 nomination period begins
Aug 01 nomination period ends
Aug 02 deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement
Aug 03 voter roll finalized, check-in ends
Aug 06 meet the candidates call
Aug 07 voting begins
Aug 20 voting ends
Aug 21 results announced
Any member of the NCSG may nominate any NCSG active member either for the position of an NCSG GNSO Council Representative or for NCSG Chair.
Once nominated, the nominee is responsible for public acceptance of the nomination and for making a *public statement* that includes:
- Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
- Any conflicts of interest;
- Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position;
- Qualifications for the position;
- Statement of availability for the time the position requires; and
- Optionally, any other information that the candidate believes is relevant.
** Also note that under the rules, no more than two (2) NCSG GNSO Council Representatives can be declared resident of the same geographic region as defined by ICANN, and there should be at least two of each gender.
** These terms all commence on 26 October (at the conclusion of the 2018 Annual ICANN Meeting in Hyderabad).
** All NCSG members will receive a separate email notice requesting "check-in" and verification of email address.
This is an election with ballots.
- The vote will be open from 07 August - 20 August 2018 23:59 UTC
- A ballot sent to each of the active members, which list will be closed on 03 August 2018 23:59 UTC
- This ballot will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voters will need to select 3 council candidates and 1 NCSG Chair candidate.
- For the NCSG Chair, the candidate with the most votes will be elected.
The selection will not occur through acclamation.
2018 NCSG Election Candidates
I. 2018 - 2019 NCSG Chair
(1 to elect) 1-year term
|Stephanie Perrin||Robin Gross||Yes||NA|
|Poncelet Ileleji||Akinremi Peter Taiwo||No||AF|
|David Cake||James Gitau||No||AP|
II. 2018 NCSG GNSO Representatives
(3 to elect) each 2-year terms
|Martin Silva Valent||Arsene Tungali||Yes||LAC|
|Raoul Plommer||James Gitau|
|Rafik Dammak||Ayden Ferdeline||Yes||AP|
|Elsa Saade||Tatiana Tropina||Yes||AP|