The candidate nomination period runs 1-14 August, and the voting takes place 22 August - September 4 for all positions.
Nominations of candidates, their acceptance and the required candidacy statement should all be made to the NCSG discuss list by the dates below to be effective.
*The following 4 NCSG positions are up for election this fall:*
1. *GNSO Council Representative*
(currently held by David Cake, Asia-Pacific, who is term-limited)
2. *GNSO Council Representative*
(currently held by Edward Morris, Europe, who is eligible for 1 more term)
3. *GNSO Council Representative*
(currently held by Stephanie Perrin, North America, who is eligible for 1 more term)
4. *NCSG Chair*
(currently held by Tapani Tarvainen, who is eligible for 1 more term)
For GNSO council representative seats, there are 3 seats with 2-year terms:
- To decide the council member election, each voter will be asked to choose up to 3 candidates.
- The 3 candidates with the most votes will be elected to the 2 year terms, unless that would conflict with the regional or gender balance restrictions in our charter.
For the NCSG Chair, the candidate with the most votes will be elected.
*NCSG Election Schedule:*
Aug 1 : Open nominations for Candidates
Aug 14 : Close nominations for Candidates (made & accepted)
Aug 16 : Candidate statements deadline
Aug 17 : Final deadline for voter check-in
Aug 18 : Conference call "meet the candidates" (TBC)
Aug 22 : Begin voting
Sep 4 : End voting
Sep 6 : Announce election results
Nov 9 : Term begins (last day of Hyderabad AG)
Any member of the NCSG may nominate any NCSG active member either for the position of an NCSG GNSO Council Representative or for NCSG Chair.
Once nominated, the nominee is responsible for public acceptance of the nomination and for making a *public statement* that includes:
- Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
- Any conflicts of interest;
- Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position;
- Qualifications for the position;
- Statement of availability for the time the position requires; and
- Optionally, any other information that the candidate believes is relevant.
** Also note that under the rules, no more than two (2) NCSG GNSO Council Representatives can be declared resident of the same geographic region as defined by ICANN, and there should be at least two of each gender.
The 3 continuing NCSG GNSO Councilors (those not up for election now) are from Africa, Europe and Latin America & Caribbean regions, one man, two women.
** These terms all commence on 9 November (at the conclusion of the 2016 Annual ICANN Meeting in Hyderabad).
** All NCSG members will receive a separate email notice requesting "check-in" and verification of email address.
This is a election with ballots.
- The vote will be open from 22 August 2016 until 4 September 2016 23:59 UTC
- A ballot sent to each of the active members, which list closed on 17 August 23:59 UTC
- This ballot will come from email@example.com.
- Voters will need to select 3 council candidates and 1 NCSG Chair candidate.
- The 3 candidates for Council who receive the most votes will be elected to the 2 year terms.
- The NCSG chair candidate who receives the most votes will be elected to the NCSG chair role.
The selection will not occur through acclamation.
2016 NCSG Election Candidates
I. 2016-2017 NCSG Chair
(1 to elect) 1-year term
|Tapani Tarvainen||Olevie Kouami||Yes||Yes||Europe|
II. 2016 NCSG GNSO Representatives
(3 to elect) each 2-year terms
|Ed Morris||Kathy Kleiman||Yes||Yes||Europe|
|Stephanie Perrin||Avri Doria||Yes||Yes||North America|
|Rafik Dammak||Avri Doria||Yes||Yes||Asia|
** For Candidate Statement please go to: https://community.icann.org/x/EwubAw