- New: NCSG election results 2014(16 September 2014)
- Congratulations to the NCSG Chair: Rafik Dammak (1-year term)
- Congratulations to the 4 NCSG GNSO Councilors-Elect: Stephanie Perrin (2-year term), David Cake (2-year term), Edward Morris (2-year term), Marilia Maciel (1-year term)
- Thank you to the 3 departing NCSG GNSO Councilors: Klaus Stoll, Magaly Pazello, Maria Farell,
The time-table and details on the 2014 NCSG annual election are below. The candidate nomination period runs 10-24 August 2014, and the voting takes place 1-14 September 2014 for all positions.
- The grid below will keep track of candidate nominations and post candidate public statements.
- Voters Roster list
Any member of the NCSG may nominate any NCSG active member (A nominee needs to be a NCSG member listed on the Active members list.) either for the position of an NCSG GNSO Council Representative or for NCSG Chair.
Once nominated, the nominee is responsible for public acceptance of the nomination and for making a public statement that includes:
- Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
- Any conflicts of interest;
- Reasons for willingness to take on the tasks of the particular position;
- Qualifications for the position; and
- Statement of availability for the time the position requires.
- The nominee’s statement may also include any other information that the candidate believes is relevant.
** Also note that under the rules, no more than two (2) NCSG GNSO Council Representatives can be declared resident of the same geographic region as defined by ICANN. The 2 other continuing NCSG GNSO Councilors (those not up for election in 2014) are from the following regions: Africa, North America. This means there could only be one additional person elected from each of those already represented regions, and that would be determined by the top vote getter from that region in 2014.
** These terms all commence on 17 October 2014, at the conclusion of the 2014 Annual ICANN Meeting in Los Angeles.
This is a election with ballots.
- The vote will be open from 1 September 2014 until 14 September 2014 2359 GMT-11
- A ballot sent to each of the active members, which list closed on 26 August 2359 GMT -11
- This ballot will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voters will need to select 4 council candidates and 1 NCSG Chair candidate.
- The 3 candidates for Council who receive the most votes will be elected to the 2 year terms.
- The one receiving the 4th most votes will receive the 1 year term.
- The NCSG chair candidate who receives the most votes will be elected to the NCSG chair role.
The selection will not occur through acclamation.
2014 NCSG Election Candidates
I. 2014-2015 NCSG Chair
(1 to elect) 1-year term
|Rafik Dammak||Avri Doria||Yes||statement||APAC|
II. 2014 NCSG GNSO Representatives
(3 to elect) each 2-year terms, (1 to elect) 1-year term
|Stephanie Perrin||Robin Gross||Yes||statement||NA|
|Sam Lanfranco||Klaus Stoll||Yes||statement||NA|
|David Cake||Avri Doria||Yes||statement||APAC|
|Edward Morris||Dhouha Bayarassou||Yes||statement||Europe|
|Marilia Maciel||Milton Mueller||Yes||statement||LAC|