Motion to adopt the Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing Continuous Improvement (CCOICI) Working Group Self-Assessment (WGSA) Recommendations Report
Submitted by Manju Chen
Seconded by Greg DiBiase
- The GNSO Council initiated the GNSO Framework for Continuous Improvement Pilot Project on 16 June 2021;
- As part of this Framework, a Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing Continuous Improvement (CCOICI) was established;
- As part of the pilot, the CCOICI was tasked to consider if/how the GNSO WG Self-Assessment can be improved and possibly enhanced with a periodic assessment as well as exit interview with interested parties to help identify at an early stage potential issues as well as future improvements to be considered. This could potentially be combined with the WG Chair assessment as outlined in PDP 3.0 improvement #13. Council Committee to also consider the findings of the most recent WG Self-Assessments to determine if there are other improvements the GNSO Council should consider.
- The CCOICI commenced its deliberations on 8 September 2021 and presented its preliminary report to the GNSO Council during its meeting in February 2022;
- The preliminary report and resulting changes to the GNSO Operating Procedures were published for public comment;
- The CCOICI reviewed the input received and submitted its final recommendations report to the GNSO Council on 5 January 2023;
- The GNSO Council adopts the CCOICI Working Group Self-Assessment Recommendations Report.
- The GNSO Council directs GNSO Staff Support to implement the changes as outlined in the Recommendations Report and convey the survey tool technical requirements as outlined in section F to the relevant ICANN org department.
- The GNSO Council instructs ICANN staff to post the new version of the GNSO Operating Procedures, effective immediately upon adoption.
- The GNSO Council thanks the CCOICI for its work on this topic.