Motions for Electronic Voting 4 - 9 August 2016
MOTION TO APPROVE THE LIAISONS AND MEMBERS OF THE CUSTOMER STANDING COMMITTEE (CSC) – 25 July 2016
- The package of proposals that was developed by the community in relation to the IANA Stewardship Transition called for the creation of a new structure, the Customer Standing Committee (CSC) to provide operational oversight of the performance of the IANA naming function, a role currently performed by the United States government through the National Telecommunications and Information Authority (NTIA).
- On 02 June 2016, the GNSO Council confirmed a Selection Committee to evaluate the candidates for the GNSO CSC liaison. The GNSO Council approved James Gannon as the CSC Liaison.
- The GNSO Council provided to ICANN the liaison name along with his Expression of Interest by the deadline of 22 July 2016.
- The GNSO Council requested that the Selection Committee shall engage, if requested, with the ccNSO Selection Committee to evaluate the full slate of CSC members and liaisons.
- The GNSO and ccNSO CSC Selection Committees met on 02 August to consider the CSC liaisons and members.
- The GNSO and ccNSO CSC Selection Committees sent to the ccNSO and GNSO Councils their recommended list [INSERT LINK TO LIST WHEN AVAILABLE] of CSC liaisons and members.
- The GNSO Council has reviewed the list of CSC liaisons and members and approves the full list.
- The GNSO Council requests that the GNSO Secretariat shall notify ICANN no later than 10 August that the GNSO has approved the full list of CSC liaisons and members.