The GRC is tasked to review the current guidelines and to ascertain whether they reflect current practices and working methods, identify potential gaps, and propose changes if considered beneficial. In addition, the WG develops new guidelines and procedures for the ccNSO as Decisional Participant and other post IANA Function related roles and responsibilities. Examples of the work of the GRC are the Guidelines of Nomination of ICANN Board members and the Guideline pertaining to the Rejection Action Process.
Deliverables to date:
The following Guidelines have been reviewed and updated: https://community.icann.org/display/ccnsowkspc/Docs+by+Topic
Remaining guidelines. New guidelines.
Rules of the ccNSO
The group first undertakes an analysis of the subject matter, to understand pending issues and what needs to be done by the respective actors in the ccNSO (Chair, Council, members, or others). Based on the analysis, the group will discuss successive draft document, up until all members support the draft. The draft will then be circulated to the ccNSO Council and Members for feed-back and input. Comments, if any, will be included in the final draft, which is submitted to the ccNSO Council for adoption.
Drafts are prepared and distributed via mailing list.
Some documents are edited using Google docs.
Every three weeks: tele-conference (Adobe Connect, audio bridge)
Face-to-face: during ICANN meetings
See the web-page of the WG (https://ccnso.icann.org/en/workinggroups/grc.htm)
and related wiki space (https://community.icann.org/display/ccnsowkspc/Guidelines+Review+Committee)
The final documents are published as ccNSO Internal Guidelines: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/about/guidelines.htm
The list of members is available on the web-page: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/workinggroups/grc.htm
Expertise & Expected Time Commitment:
Experience with legal documents, organizational skills, structured thinking.
Expected time commitment: 1-2 hours per week
How to join:
Send your expression of interest to email@example.com
New members are approved by the ccNSO Council.
The purpose of the ccNSO Guidelines Review Committee (GRC) is to review the current guidelines and to ascertain whether they reflect current practices and working methods, identify potential gaps, and based on this analysis propose changes to the current guidelines to the Council.
Scope of activities
The Committee will undertake the following activities: - Develop and maintain an overall schedule for review of guidelines in order to assist the Council and membership of the ccNSO to engage and provide timely input into the processes;
- Develop a set of general principles for ccNSO guidelines;
- Provide regular updates to the Council and community on the progress and anticipated developments via written updates, designated sessions at ccNSO meetings and other means, such as - but not limited to – webinars;
- Propose the changes on a guideline by guideline basis to the ccNSO Council at regular intervals and in accordance with the adopted work plan;
- After completion of the review of the Guidelines, review the Rules of the ccNSO;
- Prepare and submit the Final Report to the Council. The Final Report should include at a minimum:
- an overview of the considerations and principles taken into account by the GRC to conduct its analysis and proposed changes,
- an overview of the guidelines reviewed,
- recommendations, if any, to change the Rules of the ccNSO.
Working Group Members
Katrina Sataki, .lv (Chair)
Stephen Deerhake, .as
Dejan Djukic, .rs
David McAuley, .cc
Mirjana Tasic, .rs
Liz Williams, .au
Sean Copeland, .vi
Svitlana Tkachenko, .ua
Young Eum Lee, .kr