4. AOB

5. Next Meeting & Adjournment

= = =

Preparations prior to the meeting:

= = =

Documents
Recordings
Chat

Joke Braeken:hello everyone. Welcome to the 18 December (14:30 UTC) meeting by the ccNSO Meetings Programme Committee.
  Joke Braeken:hello everyone. Welcome!
  Ignacio Velazquez:hello
  Jean Nahum CONSTANT:Hello
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Hello Everyone! :)
  Joke Braeken:We will be starting in about 8 min from now
  Jean Nahum CONSTANT:Hello Alejandra
  Jean Nahum CONSTANT:Hello Everyone
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Hello Jean! Welcome :)
  Patricio Poblete:Hi everyone!
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Hi Patricio
  AKANO OLUSEGUN:hello everyone
  souleymane:hello everyone
  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All
  Barbara Povse:Hi everyone!
  Katrina:Hi All!
  Guðrun Poulsen:The new guidelines are very good:) 
  Joke Braeken:the document can be scrolled
  Svitlana Tkachenko:Hello!
  Jean Nahum CONSTANT:thank you Joke
  Ignacio Velazquez:for me is a very easy to follow document
  Katrina:Jian, can you mute, please?
  AKANO OLUSEGUN:the guidelines are simple to understand
  Ajay Data:@joke pl dial me out on +917014180080 , broken voice on internet 
  Joke Braeken:@ajay, i will ask the operator to do so
  Patricio Poblete:Thanks, Bart
  Joke Braeken:the document is scrollable
  Joke Braeken:that should actually read "ccNSO appointed Board members" :) sorry.
  AKANO OLUSEGUN:I support break-out session also
  Joke Braeken:i have a new hand :)
  AKANO OLUSEGUN:I will like to see the host country being given a slot in marketing session as a a practise.
  Guðrun Poulsen:I also think it will be good and fruitful to do both. 
  Joke Braeken:that type of reach-out took place already (asking the RO's for suggested speaekers for a marketing session)
  Ajay Data:@katrina what do we generally cover in marketing session. I suppose it’s targeted to ccTLD operators or general session. 
  Joke Braeken:Jian, you ar every faint
  Ajay Data:+1 Akono
  Joke Braeken:sorry, old hand :)
  Katrina:@Ajay - yes, it is about ccTLDs
  jian zhang:I can’t hear anything 
  Barbara Povse:Sorry, it doesn't work. I'll write my suggestion down
  Katrina:now I can't hear :)
  Joke Braeken:Alejandra, you are breaking up
  Ignacio Velazquez:I can not hear you Ale
  Patricio Poblete:No sound
  Ajay Data:For Marketing session, I can try GAC representative from India, who also indirectly controls ccTLD in India. Do let me know if required. there is lot happening in India. 
  Svitlana Tkachenko:Thank you!
  Ajay Data:thank you
  Jean Nahum CONSTANT:thank you
  Barbara Povse:Thnak you and bye
  Mamothokoane Tlali:Thank you
  Katrina:happy new year! 
  souleymane:bye
  Joke Braeken:thank you all 
  Joke Braeken:bye
  Katrina:thank you!
  Jean Nahum CONSTANT:bye
  Ignacio Velazquez:bye
  Katrina:bye!
  Patricio Poblete:Happy holidays for all!
  souleymane:bye all
  Sean Copeland:thank you. bye
  Patricio Poblete:bye
  souleymane:bye all

Notes & Action items

ACTION ITEMS

• Action item #1:

Group members are invited to share ideas in how to organise the session on “how to shape the ccNSO members meeting in policy forums”, based on the recommendations by the ccNSO meeting strategy review.

• Action item #2: 

Secretariat to send out call for presenters for the ccTLD News session including the revised tips & tricks, but at the same time approach presenters in an active way to make sure an interesting marketing session can take place, with room for interaction.

• Action item #3: 

Secretariat to send out doodle poll to schedule the January meeting (after 17 Jan 2019)

NOTES

1. Welcome

welcome by the chair, Alejandra Reynoso (.gt), a warm welcome to the new members of the MPC

any suggested changes to proposed agenda? None

2. Follow-up action items last meeting

overview provided by Joke Braeken.

all action items are completed, excepted for 1, which is ongoing and planned for discussion during today's session: proposed tips & tricks for presenters at ccNSO sessions. 

unless there are objections, this version of the tips&tricks will be included in the call for presenters and invitations to presenters.

doc is approved, group members appreciated the new version

3. Preparations related to ICANN64

3.1. briefing consultation SO/AC planning team

Presentation of the block schedule for ICANN64 as prepared by ICANN's meetings team. 

Next planning call by SO/AC leaders is scheduled for 17 January 2019.

3.2. update cross-community sessions

3.3. draft block schedule ccNSO-related sessions

block schedule ccNSO sessions being displayed in the AC room.

Patricio: retirement WG will it remain on Saturday?

Bart: depends on the schedule with the HIT/CC sessions. On Thu there is also the public forum, during the afternoon (organized both during the AGM + community forum). PDP WG meetings expected to be in the future either on day 1 or day 2 of the ICANN meeting.

Thursday:

• introduction to the ccNSO. no objections received, so we will organise this session
  • MPC face-to-face meeting. no objections received, so we propose to have a face-to-face meeting in Kobe.
  • MSSI to potentially organise a working party meeting on Thu morning, for the ccNSO organisational review. There might as well be a session on the inital results of the independent examiner. this might be a conflict for the members of the Review Working Party.

3.4. draft ICANN64 ccNSO Members Meeting agenda

Tue

• how to shape the ccNSO Members Meeting in Policy Forms. proposal on how to make this session more interactive. 
  • icann board will visit the ccNSO in our room, no need to change rooms

Action item #1:

Group members are invited to share ideas in how to organise the session on “how to shape the ccNSO members meeting in policy forums”, based on the recommendations by the ccNSO meeting strategy review.

Wed

• finance session. briefing from the December council meeting. focus on the proposed billing/invoicing procedure of the voluntary contributions by ccTLD Managers to ICANN
  • Katrina mentions we need to be clear how we list RO's. preferably alphabetical order.
  • Feedback by Katrina on the proposed Marketing session. no need to have 2 presenters. if there is one good presenter, he/she can take the entire slot. We could also have break-out sessions and discussions regarding marketing related topics. Alejandra likes this idea to have a session with more time for interaction.
  • joke suggests an alternative session for the marketing session. possibly updates from ICANN, such as on DAAR or IDNs.
  • Room change for the ccNSO council meeting, to allow for more interaction

Action item #2: 

Secretariat to send out call for presenters for the ccTLD News session including the revised tips & tricks, but at the same time approach presenters in an active way to make sure an interesting marketing session can take place, with room for interaction.

Akano: host country should have a slot during the marketing session. suggestion to interact more, and to avoid lining up presentations.

Alejandra: wherever we can we seek to increase interaction. We will try to organise a marketing session, first time after a long time. also depends on the response to the call for presenters.

Ajay Data: For Marketing session, I can try GAC representative from India, who also indirectly controls ccTLD in India. Do let me know if required. there is lot happening in India. 

Alejandra confirms we will let him know, if needed.

4. AOB

5. Next Meeting & Adjournment

Action item #3: 

Secretariat to send out doodle poll to schedule the January meeting (after 17 Jan 2019)

• No labels