3. Next steps
4. AOB
5. Closure

Recordings:

• Mp3
  • Adobe Room

Notes:

1. Welcome

apologies received are noted in the AC room and on the Wiki.

2. Terms of Reference: final version

Focus of this meeting: go one more time over the draft terms of reference. 

Action item#1: secretariat to send out a clean version of the ToR for final review by the group. Deadline for the review: COB, Friday 24 November 2017.

• Scope: no further comments received
  • Timeline: no further comments received
  • Method: apart from the interviews and the online survey, also consider a whiteboarding exercise during the next ccNSO Members Meeting, where attendees need to list pros and cons for each of the options. Remote participants can equally participate and provide input via google document.

Suggestion by Alejandra: e.g. 3 groups, each group discusses one icann public meeting and how the ccNSO sessions fit in.

Reference to the interactive session at ICANN61 is to be included in the ToR. 

Start preparing the session in January latest, so we get the most out of it. Kim mentioned that any logistical requirements should be known by 15 January at the latest, when the Secretariat needs to submit the session forms for ICANN61.

Jordan Carter mentions that open whiteboard and brainstorming is more useful, if we are generating the options.  If we are discussing recommended changes or no-changes, then there will be less need for it. If we are still generating options in March then the review will take longer.  We will get a broader response, if we make clear what the recommendations are, where there might be disagreements, and what the options are underneath those recommendations. 

3. Next steps

-  Action item #1: secretariat to send out a clean version of the ToR for final review by the group.  The group has until COB, Friday 24 November 2017, to comment on that version.
Action item #2: The secretariat is to send out a final version of the ToR to the council, after a consultation with Katrina: online voting, or to be discussed during the next ccNSO Council meeting on 7 December?
Action item #3: The secretariat to share a link to a new google document, the consultation document.
Action item #4: drafting team members are kindly invited to share brainstorm ideas for the Consultation document, including questions to ask, suggestions about what to propose, etc. The consultation document aims at further detailing the scope of the review. Input should be inserted in the google document referred to in action item #3
Action item #5: the secretariat to send out doodle polls, to schedule 2 further calls, between now and the end-of-year holiday season.

4. AOB

none

5. Closure.

Thank you.

Chat transcript:

Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Hi Mira
  Joke Braeken:Welcome all :)
  Joke Braeken:We will start shortly. Waiting for Jordan to dial in
  Kimberly Carlson:Mira, we're unable to hear you - if you need a dial out, just send me a PM
  Jordan Carter:good day everyone
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Hi Jordan :)
  Jordan Carter:hi Alejandra! MIra! :)
  Jordan Carter:and Kim! 
  Kimberly Carlson:Hi all, welcome
  Jordan Carter:I should also type my notes up for you sorry - I forgot about them until just now
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:;)
  Kimberly Carlson:200% is the max and keep the comments visible
  Jordan Carter:makes sense to me
  Jordan Carter:no new items no
  Bart Boswinkel:Hi all
  Kimberly Carlson:Bart, i think there is background noise from your line
  Jordan Carter:Good idea Joke - a quick review of the final draft document
  Bart Boswinkel:Muted my line
  Bart Boswinkel:7 December 
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:I agree too! 
  Jordan Carter:the 2.1 timeline I think works with your amendments
  Bart Boswinkel:Do you want an additional call for volunteers?
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:should we, Bart? ;)
  Jordan Carter:I think if we had 20 people it would be a nightmare
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:I agree with you Jordan :S
  Jordan Carter:let's just go with who we have. we can be a great group. the greatest, best group. :)
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Yes!! B-)
  Jordan Carter:(typing like donald trump)
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Hahaha :D !!
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Of course!!
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:The question is, how much time will be appropiate for this session?
  Bart Boswinkel:90 minutes?
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:I like the whiteboard suggestion
  Bart Boswinkel:If run like whiteboarding you need time and it becomes very strategic
  Jordan Carter:once we know what we are recommending too
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:exactly Jordan :)
  Jordan Carter:if we recommend radical changes then we will need more time to consider it
  Jordan Carter:but if we recommend something that is minor adjustments then it should be simpler and quicker
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:we'll see what we come up with ;) 
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:A member of the review team should be with every group of discussion
  Bart Boswinkel:One o fhte issue is getitng remote participants engaged as well
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:to keep track of time and line of thought ;)
  Bart Boswinkel:need to b ecreative about it
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Love the idea of the Google Doc! 
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:one per group
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]::D
  Jordan Carter:I feel like that kind of open whiteboard and brainstorming is more useful if we are generating the options - if we are discussing recommended changes or no-changes then there will be less need for it
  Jordan Carter:if we are still generating options in March then the review will take longer
  Bart Boswinkel:+!
  Bart Boswinkel: Jordan 
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Good point Jordan... 
  Kimberly Carlson:we will need to know logistically how the session will run - session forms are due 15 January
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Noted Kim 
  Jordan Carter:that's a good deadline for us then
  Bart Boswinkel:Thanks Kim
  Jordan Carter:For the record, I will be on summer holidays and unavailable for any ICANN work 22 December to 13 January
  Kimberly Carlson:we an discuss, but should be fine
  Jordan Carter:sorry, sunday 14 january
  Jordan Carter:thanks!
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:I will be offline from 23 Dec to 3 Jan ;)
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Yes Joke, regarding the deadline for this week
  Jordan Carter:yep
  Jordan Carter:deadline fine
  Bart Boswinkel:in teh mean time you do this in parrallel
  Jordan Carter:should we send you brainstorm ideas for the first draft document - questions to ask,  suggestions about what to propose, etc
  Bart Boswinkel:no need to wait for formal decision
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Should we have another Google Doc for that, Joke? ;)
  Jordan Carter:Google Doc would work nicely
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:Thank you Joke! :)
  Jordan Carter:all good - thakn you - no AOB for me
  Alejandra Reynoso [.gt]:I agree with Bart :)
  Margarita Valdes:bye :-)

• No labels