Gisella Gruber:Welcome to the ATLAS II Debrief Single Issue ALAC call on Friday 22 August 2014 at 1300 UTC
  Gisella Gruber:Agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/EgLxAg
  Holly Raiche:Hi
  Holly Raiche:May I have a dial out.  I think I forgot to ask
  Gisella Gruber:@ Holly - dialling out to you
  Maureen Hilyard:Good morning everyone
  Holly Raiche:Hi Maureen - I hate to think what time it is there!
  Maureen Hilyard:3am. yesterdays ccNSO Council meeting was at 2am.. :)
  Holly Raiche:There should be prizes for calls that we in APAC join
  Maureen Hilyard:LOL  My prize is that you and Ali are coming to PacINET :)
  Holly Raiche:Can't wait.   Will be in touch about what I will be saying!
  Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone!
  Alan Greenberg:That was me! Flumbling fingers - not enough coffeee.
  Maureen Hilyard:Good morning Leon and Alan
  Fatima Cambronero:hello everyone
  Holly Raiche:Hi Everyone
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hi everyone
  Heidi Ullrich:@Olviier, we can add the names
  Gisella Gruber:Please mute your microphone when not speaking
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Murray!
  Murray McKercher:Hello from Sunny Toronto :)
  Glenn:Please  add the  link to the wiki
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Hello everyone. Apologies for arriving late.
  Glenn:https://community.icann.org/display/als2/Post-ATLAS+II+Activities+Workspace
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Eduardo's lessons document is a good one. I especially like Recommendation 7
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:"Check currently standing ALAC groups to see if they can take over some of the groups responsibilities identified for ATLAS, leveraging their experience and synergies."
  Heidi Ullrich:Reports spsce: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Group+Reports
  Heidi Ullrich:Staff will post it on the screen shortly
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Gisella, Adigo are not on skype
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:can u plz ask them to call me
  Gisella Gruber:@ Murray - I am just uploading with your report and will post revised document in a few moments
  Glenn:@Dev  I agree on Recommendation 7   but  we need  proper  processes and procedures tor  successful implementation
  Heidi Ullrich:The Reports will aslo help in the planning of the next Summit!
  Fatima Cambronero:sorry, I mixed the issues :(
  Heidi Ullrich:@Fatima, you are just eager to start implementing ! :) Great!
  Fatima Cambronero::)
  Murray McKercher:@gisella Thank you I see it on the wiki and apologies for the delay in submitting
  Heidi Ullrich:The agenda we are following today is at: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Debrief+Single+Issue+ALAC+call+2014-08-22
  Heidi Ullrich:Apologies for posting the incorrect earlier.
  Heidi Ullrich:We are on item 3 at the moment
  Fatima Cambronero:I prefer one only document
  Glenn:summarize and avoid  unnecessary duplication
  Fatima Cambronero:people don't read long documents
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:not to discard the separate reports, but create a consolidated document pointing out a suggested approach for the summit
  Glenn:I like the  idea of  a one pager
  Evan Leibovitch:Hi all. Was on another call.
  Glenn:@Dev is right  the  meat  of the report is not lost,  
  Glenn:Hey Evan
  Glenn:@Evan we are discussing the process of  boiling down the report to a shorter version
  Gisella Gruber:Welcome Eduardo
  Evan Leibovitch:The report? As in, the Declaration?
  Glenn:Me too  
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Evan, no not declaration
  Murray McKercher:I agree with Holly on the amount of discussion for this call and we hvae follow up calls
  Heidi Ullrich:What about a shorter doc that lists the overall best practice (and bad practice) to take into account when planning ATLAS III?
  Murray McKercher:@Heidi, I would support your suggestion
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Evan - it the reports from the various ATLAS group reports as to what worked, what didn't - https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Group+Reports
  Evan Leibovitch:ah. thanks
  Holly Raiche:On reports from the organising committee, they should be retained, but with a one or two page summary on top with the major lessons learned. In a separate document or separat section, reports from thematic groups on their suggestions, agan with a summary page on top.
  Heidi Ullrich:Please note we are discussing reports from both the ATLAS II Working Groups and Thematic Groups on what worked well and what didn't.
  Heidi Ullrich:We will review the Recommendations that the Thematic Groups developed and were put int the ATLAS II Declaration on the next agenda item
  Murray McKercher:As this is an important task I will volunteer for this taSK
  Leon Sanchez:I was volunteering :)
  Maureen Hilyard:I agree that there have to be two groups (organisational and thematic) because the objectives of each group are different
  Glenn:I suggest that  the one pager  uses some  creative  layout  similar to  the  nice job that Ed  did  perhaps in Adode InDesign or something.  It  would  be  more  pleasing to the eye
  Glenn:using  the  various  colours of the RALO's  in the banner etc
  Maureen Hilyard:I would volunteer to join the process group
  Eduardo Diaz:INclude me teher.
  Glenn:Off topic,    Did you see the series  Jonah from Tonga?
  Murray McKercher:4 is good for the process
  Heidi Ullrich:Only one group or two?
  Murray McKercher:I would like to recognize the amazing work done by ICANN staff on the ATLAS II London Summit
  Heidi Ullrich:!! I heard process group and..! ;)
  Heidi Ullrich:Is there an official name of this one group for the reports?
  Heidi Ullrich:Do they need a mailing list set up?
  Leon Sanchez:@Heidi the report reporting group :P
  Heidi Ullrich:RRG? or ATLAS II RRG (ARRG!)
  Leon Sanchez:LOL
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:lol
  Fatima Cambronero::)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Group+Reports
  Heidi Ullrich:We are going to have to have Ariel share her screen so she can edit live
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Olivier, this is the implementation wiki: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/Post-ATLAS+II+Activities+Workspace
  Heidi Ullrich:RRG Members, would Reports Consolidation Group be ok?
  Evan Leibovitch:I have already been asked by one other constituency what is the deadline for the feedback that we have solicited.
  Evan Leibovitch:I replied that it was a less formal process than a formal PCP.
  Evan Leibovitch:Many of the recommendations are internally targeted at ALAC itself and need not go to the Board.
  Heidi Ullrich:Ariel will be editing live. Please clearly state the text you would like her to post.
  Glenn:yes
  Glenn:lost voice
  Glenn:Need  defination of  broader group,  ie. underrepresented  communities
  Leon Sanchez:Increase budget to the Fellowship program
  Glenn:mentorship, fellowship,  CROPP
  Gisella Gruber:soemone is typing close to their microphone - please mute
  Evan Leibovitch:Some transparency would be nice in the explanation of why some project requests are accepted and why some are approved. Or -- as in the case this year -- why ALL were denied.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:and hearing someone pounding on the keyboard ;-D
  Gisella Gruber:@ Evan - we have muted your line
  Glenn:@Evan
  Evan Leibovitch:oops. I've muted my own phone. please unmute on adigo
  Fatima Cambronero:+1 mentorship, fellowship to increase the participation of our community
  Evan Leibovitch:it's a noisy  mechanical keyboard ;-)
  Glenn:I knew it was you  
  Murray McKercher:Apologies, I must leave the call for another meeting, I will re-connect with Staff on my volunteer activity
  Fatima Cambronero:an Engagement WG?
  carlos dionisio aguirre:something like that
  Fatima Cambronero:I like the idea
  Fatima Cambronero:it is something different to Capacity Building
  carlos dionisio aguirre:yes of course
  carlos dionisio aguirre:is a kind a wg wich work before implementation od capacity building
  Glenn:Accountability by a  third party?
  carlos dionisio aguirre:looking for ideas to improve budget.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Fatima, Carlos sounds like a lot of overlap over Outreach and Capacity Building groups
  Evan Leibovitch:If there is specific input to FCWG, please make the input as clear as possible. There will be much incoming to us :-)
  carlos dionisio aguirre:in some cases there are many valuable person in the community who want collaborate ad honorem without budget
  Allan Skuce:Looks like an ALAC function.
  Fatima Cambronero:@Dev, I think engagement is different than outreach and CB
  carlos dionisio aguirre:or some times is possible to do outreach with less budget. that is the idea
  Holly Raiche:I think the overall theme is to increase inter group communications
  Glenn:Cross organization communication  is  a good idea but  is it effective?
  Evan Leibovitch:Note: dot-mobi liaison is NOT bylaw mandated, that is part of the contract between ICANN and the mobi regiostry
  carlos dionisio aguirre:I think we need a short WG of "ideas" on this sense
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:much cooperative work would need to happen with the parts your planning to Liase with and how it works.  ojf course. both receiving and sending bodies need to work together on all this
  Holly Raiche:Maybe something that will be part of the ALT discussion?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exchange of Liaisons is different as well
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:maybe a LOT more definition work is needed here on this one. but yes to the ALT
  judith hellerstein:Sorry I was late
  carlos dionisio aguirre:@fatima great point !
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hey. I did that
  Heidi Ullrich:Correct, Fatima! this was Cheryl's inititive!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ccNSO did. as you need a good handover and try for these roles if they are to be successful
  Fatima Cambronero:great Cheryl! Sorry for not mentioned that
  Maureen Hilyard:You did, Cheryl. Great mentorship
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:clearly not enough to be re,embered :-)
  Fatima Cambronero:nooo I am newbie ;)
  Fatima Cambronero:I want a Mentor like you Cheryl! :)
  judith hellerstein:I thought the call was at a different time. sorry
  judith hellerstein:@heidi @Gisella can you add my name as being on this call. Thanks sorry again about being late
  Heidi Ullrich:Completed, Judith.
  judith hellerstein:Thanks
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly
  Fatima Cambronero:@Olivier, I think some of them are a kind of principles and others are actions to implement
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Fatima: we ned to translate them all into implementable activities
  Fatima Cambronero:exactly
  Evan Leibovitch:no problem from the FCWG ;-)
  Holly Raiche:ALT - to report back to ALAC
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:ALAC and Staff
  Fatima Cambronero:+1 Dev
  Allan Skuce:Regular agenda item.
  Eduardo Diaz:Maybe the ROI group may want to take upon this
  judith hellerstein:I think they have already done this?
  Glenn:The  tracking of  all  items at issues  is  an important organizational  with this report and other
  Glenn:Obvious  China  is the  fastest growing  community
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I would agree with Outreach
  Fatima Cambronero:Outreach
  Glenn:Russia too
  Fatima Cambronero:@Olivier, right. It is related to ICANN regional strategies
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly Alan. we need to get some homewidone first
  Fatima Cambronero:+1 Alan
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Wouldn't it be GSE Staff ?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ALAC. Access ability TF
  Glenn:  Iten  perhaps  we should expand languages  should  be  inclusive to the disabled  communitity
  judith hellerstein:+1 for glenn
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Mind you, the transcipts for Monday's LACRALO call were uploaded in multiple languages (EN, ES, PT) on Wednesday/Thursday
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:very impressive turnaround
  Glenn:How  can we make our  documents  as open as possible
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Glenn -- what you are suggesting is already in  is Rec 11
  Allan Skuce:Future Challenges.
  Fatima Cambronero:I think we will have a lot of interested in LACRALO to participate in this group
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@Fatima - the problem is when those documents are submitted to staff for translation - sending a large document just before an ICANN F2F meeting isn't trivial
  Glenn:@Olivier  thanks
  Holly Raiche:Folks - I have an early start in the morning and LONG day ahead so  I"ll leave you - and read the transcript for the rest of the call
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Take care Holly
  Fatima Cambronero:@Dev, the problem with translations are all the time. I understand your point but we need to improve these services
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@FAtima - Because many in LACRALO weren't even aware of these documents for the GA existed
  Glenn:@cheryl  aslo we have  Dev's group  TTF  on looking at  technology solutions  to help communication
  Fatima Cambronero:Chair and Secretary asked the translation of those documents, @Dev
  Maureen Hilyard:Great idea Cheryl about the use of the Accessibility Taskforce
  Glenn:Yea Dev
  judith hellerstein:+1 Dev
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes there is much collaborative work between our two WG / TF
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we discussed ur need to interact with the TF in our last call
  Fatima Cambronero:I don't have problem in the interpretation. Thanks Sabrina
  Heidi Ullrich:Is that an AI?
  Heidi Ullrich:or just in the report?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:+1 Cheryl indeed this can be a collob for TTF and Accessibilty
  judith hellerstein:no what cheryl was talking about testing out some captioning pads in the tech task force
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we are both Task Forces
  Glenn:It  started  slow  but  we are on a roll
  Heidi Ullrich:Next call - next week. Same time or will a Doodle be required?
  judith hellerstein:not sure that is good because of the labor day holiday
  Heidi Ullrich:Isn't that on a Monday?
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks @Olivier
  judith hellerstein:yes but most people leave Friday or earlier.  I know I will not be around
  Heidi Ullrich:@Judith, you are the only community member on this call who will celebrate US Labor Day
  judith hellerstein:also some people may be heading out to the IGF so maybe have it on thursday
  Heidi Ullrich:perhaps, Eduardo as well...
  Heidi Ullrich:So a Doodle?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:@fatima - but my point is that these documents for the GA weren't even shared with all of LACRALO before the meeting. If these documents were readied by chair and secretariat, then a mention should have been sent to the LACRALO members that this was done and that the documents are being sent ; if a document is sent a day or two before, its a bit much for language services to be able to respond to this.
  judith hellerstein:yes a doodle is best
  Glenn:I recommend  we duplicate  Ed's  great layout   for the  shorter document   in  Adobe  Indesign  or other
  carlos dionisio aguirre:for me next week same day same time is fine
  Evan Leibovitch:Clarity is not a problem, I agree.
  Glenn:We can't  be  naive  on  the value of the document.  It  needs to short, sweet  and attractive
  Glenn:Think  good  marketing  materials
  Maureen Hilyard:1 @ Glenn. Eduardo's is an excellent report
  Fatima Cambronero:@Dev, I won't speak for the Chair and Secretary :) I shared that the only thing that I knew. The translation was asked, I don't know how many time before
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:My goodness - Kudos to Sabrina
  Glenn:Bye  all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:great thanks all  bye
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks Sabrina!
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks!
  Eduardo Diaz:Gracias
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all
  Fatima Cambronero:thanks to all. Bye
  Allan Skuce:Thanks, Bye
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:wow Sabrina. THANKS :-)
  Leon Sanchez:thanks
  Ariel Liang:Thank you bye bye
  carlos dionisio aguirre:@sabrina the best. great work. bye all

• No labels