|No.||Recommendation||Recipient||Thematic Group Source||Assignees||Status|
|7||A periodic review of ICANN's MSM should be performed to ensure that the processes and the composition of ICANN’s constituent parts adequately address the relevant decision-making requirements in the Corporation||ICANN Board||TG1|
- : Ariel Liang to send this recommendation to the ALAC mailing list for review.
- : Olivier Crepin-Leblond to get in touch with the Organizational Effectiveness Committee of the Board (Rinalia Abdul Rahim) with Alan Greenberg's permission
- Could feed into ICANN accountability process and the work of At-Large IANA issues WG.
- CCWG-Accountability doesn't seem to work on the specifics as mentioned in the recommendations;
- In Work Stream 2, the CCWG will discuss how the rest of the community should be accountable to each other and the rest of the Board. Hence, this recommendation may be addressed after the IANA transition.
- Seems to be a fair assessment re previous notes.
- WS2 will address the accountability issue for all parts of ICANN. This recommendation doesn't concern that issue.
- Tijani Ben Jemaa: This recommendation speaks about the decision-making process in ICANN and the distribution of power?
- Olivier Crepin-Leblond: This recommendation talks about the review of all components of ICANN (e.g. the roles and structures of SOs/ACs). The organizational reviews address this. Another path of dressing this would be the CCWG-Accountability WS2?
- Tijani Ben Jemaa / Sebastien Bachollet: This recommendation is not really within the scope of the CCWG-Accountability. CCWG-Accountability WS2 will touch on the roles and structures of SOs/ACs, but its work is not all about organizational reviews. Maybe ATRT or other processes will address the global review of ICANN in a more systematic manner.
- R3 White Paper of the Future Challenges WG (re. restructuring ICANN) may be relevant to this recommendation. The ALAC needs to understand what exactly it wants out of this recommendation.
- This recommendation is related to ATLAS II Recommendation 13.
The Board and every SO/AC has a full organization review
CCWG-Accountability WS2 *might* have an analysis and study of the overall multistakeholder model of ICANN;
there does not seem to be a review of the overall MSM of ICANN -- this should be a topic of one of the existing reviews