ALACEX_2009-9-22_253369

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: However, I think we can just live with the echoes, to be honest. (Inaudible) we try again.

Okay. So, our action items for the 8th is blank. That's a damn shame. Follow-up action item on the meeting, sorry, the meeting for the 8th is blank. That's a damn shame. Makes it easy to deal with.

Heidi Ullrich: I'm sorry about that. I will update it. Just a moment.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Oh, no, Heidi. I think that's a very fast way of getting us through the meeting. I think it's an unusual method, but it's one that I'm happy to endure.

Alan Greenberg: Oh, boy.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: What?

Alan Greenberg: No, just – no.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: It's easy to do if there's nothing there.

Alan Greenberg: There is that.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, we've dealt with all of those. So, we (inaudible). Oh, we'll come back to reality.

So, we've got the SSAC on the PAD. We've got staff dealing with the rebooted IRT workgroup. And we've also established I think a very (inaudible) as an (inaudible) there for the ALAC (inaudible). I think that's hugely important.

ExCom to review two drafts on the document--.

Alan Greenberg: --Cheryl, you're fading.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Oh, tell me about it. ExCom to produce a draft statement on Document Publication Operational Policy. Alright. Who gets to hold the pen on that? It won't be me. Sebastien? Alan?

Sebastien Bachollet: I – really, I am unable to follow what you say. And I don't know--.

Alan Greenberg: --She wants you to write the statement on ICANN documentation deadlines. She also wanted me to write it, but I haven't volunteered.

Sebastien Bachollet: Yeah. I have not volunteered, either. I don't want to write something right now.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay.

Sebastien Bachollet: It's – sorry.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: No problem. So be it. Hey, Vanda, how are you feeling about you and I putting together a very simple draft statement on Document Publication Operational Policy? Nick will drag – or someone from staff will drag out all the other references. We'll reiterate that we think having publication deadlines (inaudible) is again a good idea. How (inaudible) and its interpretation and translation of documents has to be in a common manner and blah, blah, blah, all of that other stuff.

Alan Greenberg: If you transcribe what you just said, we have our statement.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Exactly right. So hopefully, one can take that note and we'll just bludgeon it into a statement. Alright. That's solved.

The follow up with the regions. Sebastien, obviously you've got a bit of work to do with EURALO at the meeting tomorrow. I don't know how we approach AFRALO. Heidi, any suggestions from you? She's busy populating the 8th of October, I'm sure. But I (inaudible).

Alan Greenberg: I don't find a meeting on the 8th anyway. I'm not sure what this meeting of the 8th even is.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, you know, 8th of September.

Alan Greenberg: Yeah, I'm looking – I have no meeting on the 8th.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I'm just following the links that were there.

Alan Greenberg: Yeah. Yeah, I--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: However, it doesn't matter. We'll be fine.

The matter of Africa, getting an African (inaudible) – what's happening with the AFRALO meetings. I guess Heidi (inaudible).

Heidi Ullrich: I'm sorry, Cheryl. Can you repeat (inaudible)?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes. On the matter looking at the action items from tonight, where we're looking at asking for regional information on whether or not they support the NARALO and APRALO position about writing to the Board to say we do want new constituencies approved without any delay, despite what the (inaudible) constituency says.

Heidi Ullrich: I need to get back to you on that.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay. Because I'm a little concerned that we are under-representing Africa (inaudible). I mean, I thought AFRALO as a region was starting to do some reasonable work. Am I wrong in that assessment or what?

Heidi Ullrich: Sorry, Cheryl. I can barely hear you with your echo.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, sorry about that. There's not a lot I can do. Someone else can perhaps pass on that question?

Alan Greenberg: Okay. Heidi, can you hear me?

Heidi Ullrich: Yes.

Alan Greenberg: Okay. Cheryl said she's concerned that we're not getting a lot of input from AFRALO on substantive issues, even though she believes that they were starting to work internally a little bit better.

Heidi Ullrich: Yes, they are working better. What they are currently working on are (inaudible) projects; for example, participation in AFRALO. They've just completed a document on that. Their bylaws and their operating procedures, they're working on a project on that. So, I will follow up on this today.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Just as far as LACRALO is concerned, I think Vanda (inaudible) the ExCom that is causing Carlos and Jose's ability to make any comment on this matter, which was discussed at the last LACRALO meeting because they asked me to dive in and join them for this particular agenda item, is because neither Carlos or Jose was at the last LACRALO meeting. So again, we have a disconnect between the regional representation coming to the ALAC meetings and the work of the regions. And whilst I'm not sure we'll be able to raise a magic wand and fix that, I think we need to watch that as we move into a new lineup with the next 12 months.

Alan Greenberg: I think in the future that ALAC cannot continue to be as forgiving as we have been. It's just not tenable.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I agree, Alan. And the thing is, of course, if I wasn't a participant (inaudible) in the LACRAO meeting, and if Andres didn't feel comfortable in saying, Heidi, please ask Cheryl to dial-in for the following agenda item and explain it to us or give us some information, I wouldn't even know who does or doesn't turn up to these regional meetings.

Alan Greenberg: But I mean, right now, having no intersections between the regional meetings and the ALAC or the ExCom meeting just says they're not there. You know? We're dealing with less than five regions.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yeah.

Nick Ashton-Hart: And for what it's worth, unfortunately, I just sent an email about this. The Africans are very often signing up that they will be present at meetings and that they will use the French service, and then they are not sending apologies and they're not turning up, almost all the time. Except on their own call, then some of them show up in French for that, but not for ALAC meetings.

Alan Greenberg: I mean, if some where were – I understand the issue about creating transcripts for posterity. But if someone were to audit our use of the multi – multiple language channels and the cost of translations--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: -Yes-.

Alan Greenberg: --We would be in a very embarrassing situation.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: -That's my email. But I now – we now have to keep track of it from last month. So, we are keeping track of it and-.

Unidentified Participant: -Well, I think-.

Nick Ashton-Hart: --At some point it will get pulled.

Unidentified Participant: Well, did you mean--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: --I mean, all we're asking is for is people to send their apologies. If you're not coming, send your apologies so we can cancel the service.

Unidentified Participant: Nick, who did you send your note to?

Nick Ashton-Hart: The ALAC internal list.

Unidentified Participant: Okay.

Sebastien Bachollet: I am concerned about that because – maybe I am the echo.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: No, I think we're all an echo so go ahead.

Unidentified Participant: It's being caused by--.

(Inaudible - multiple speakers.)

Sebastien Bachollet: Because the African region did not show up in the last meetings, and not just ALAC meetings. And I don't know how they will participate with the vote or the (inaudible), for example. And I know that we discussed this issue before we went together to a transition of all the candidates. And I think it's not fair for all the candidates, that it's not respecting the work done by the candidates during the phone call and after by all the regions.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I wholeheartedly agree with you, Sebastien. And I must say I'll probably pass to Heidi on this because I'm somewhat biased. But the APRALO meeting today, I made a very, very specific request of our regional leadership to follow up with the other somewhat recalcitrant regional NomCom and ALAC reps (inaudible) to join us tonight. But my concern as to how they would have any knowledge of what was to offer on the slate of candidates for board liaison or any other (inaudible) policy matter. I think I used the term (inaudible) that they could possibly have any knowledge or understanding because they (inaudible).

Unidentified Participant: Heidi, do you have any thoughts on what we can do?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (Inaudible.)

Heidi Ullrich: Well, my initial thought's just that we – I would like to work more with Stefan and Carrie O'Kana (ph). In the beginning, when I first started working with them, they very much welcomed that. But then they seemed to wish to work more autonomously. And I think that they're just overwhelmed. So, I mean, I think that's one way that we could move forward.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: But it's not just an AP matter, Heidi. It's a matter for a number of the regions.

Alan Greenberg: Well, and just look for both AFRALO and LACRALO, we had no intersection on this last (inaudible) with their recent activities in this last ALAC meeting.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes.

Alan Greenberg: I mean, I understand people's lives are complex, but this isn't working.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, of course, we have fresh blood coming in to both those regions with Sylvia as an elected representative from LACRALO and – what is that name (inaudible) from Africa?

Alan Greenberg: (Inaudible?)

Alan Greenberg: Dave Kisundiow (ph).

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Thank you. Dave.

Alan Greenberg: I may be mispronouncing it, by the way, so--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (Inaudible.) I mean, all we can hope is that with James and Dave in our NomCom (inaudible) we get appropriate talent. And I think we really have to go back to the RALO leaders and discuss with them our concerns about interaction between them and their representatives to the ALAC and their regional activities.

Unidentified Participant: Yep.

Nick Ashton-Hart: I can say that, in the LACRALO region, you do see quite a few posts from Carlton suggesting sort of teaser ideas to try and get discussion going on topical subjects, which tends to work. There tends to be at least some replying. And--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: -And if Carlton joins us that'll be great. But-.

Nick Ashton-Hart: -And also, you know, I think that Dev certainly does try also to stir up people to respond to things and, to some degree, so does Andres. It's more serious in Africa. I think part of the problem in Africa is there's a real frustration, especially from Mohamed's side, but from Mohamed and Fatimata, about the regional secretariat, Didier, who basically does not-. He's just – he's MIA. He rarely even attends their meetings. And there's some new people who are quite interested and enthusiastic and who post a good deal and all that. And I think it's getting to people that, you know, he's enjoying travel support and all this, but he's not actually doing anything. And he's got another year to his term. They just re-elected him in June. So, I think that's – tell me I'm wrong – if I'm wrong. Heidi, if you think I'm wrong, tell me.

Heidi Ullrich: No. Actually, that's correct. On the last several AFRALO calls, there have been repeated notices that there needs to be a stronger secretariat. That has come out very (inaudible). I mean, it is obvious that they are referring to Didier.

Nick Ashton-Hart: But – well, they say it by name now. I mean, and you can hear the frustration in their voices.

Heidi Ullrich: I don't know if they say the actual name, but they – I know that Mohamed will strongly say the secretariat. Everyone knows that that is Didier.

Alan Greenberg: I think someone has to get the nerve to approach him personally and say he either has to start attending and doing things or, you know, say his life can't handle it and withdraw. We can't do it for him.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, if you want me to do that, I have no problem being a bad cop. (Inaudible.)

Nick Ashton-Hart: Well, I think they do need some help. You know, I think they do need some help.

Alan Greenberg: I mean--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: -I don't think there's an ideal way to do it. Obviously, they have the ability to recall the man, but-.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: --Yes.

Sebastien Bachollet: No, they--.

(Inaudible – multiple speakers.)

Sebastien Bachollet: They have the ability, but they will not do it because it's not the African way of life.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Yeah.

Sebastien Bachollet: And they are putting each one of (inaudible) and they do something with ISOC for some. They do something with ALAC for the other. The last gTLD which--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: -Yeah-.

Sebastien Bachollet: -They organized-.

Nick Ashton-Hart: -Small-.

Sebastien Bachollet: --The same branch of people. And if I have – I will not say an advice because I have no advice here, but I will say, first, I would try to have a chair and the secretariat in that region to align them to the other regions. (Inaudible) too fit to try to push on the pedal to (inaudible) the things going on. And the other point is, as it's French and English, if I can be some – any help. My feeling is that if we can have one of let's say us, the ExCom, another member of the regions participate with the region call, it would be great. And maybe we can turn also. But it's to say that you should have an outside eye of the region participating through the RALO conference call. It could be also one way to oblige these regions to do better.

Nick Ashton-Hart: The other thing I can think of, for what it's worth, is at the moment you can be elected and, you know, if the region doesn't kick you out you get to travel and enjoy the benefits of being a leader, even if you don't really lead. And I know your – I think your – the position description for ALAC does address that for ALAC. It doesn't actually address sanctions yet. Of course, it's not designed to. But at the point where there is some obligation for people to, you know, be at meetings or whatever the criteria you establish. If you can try and extend that so that the regional leaders accept it – I think they would because most of them actually do quite a lot – I think that might also help, too.

Alan Greenberg: I would suggest we approve the ALAC regional one and then, very quickly after that, go to pick a subset or a superset of this and try to convince the regions to adopt this. It's within their own mandate to do it, unfortunately, but I think we need to give them at least a template that they can start at.

Sebastien Bachollet: It is in their mandate, but it's also in some part of our end, because the budget and how we spend the budget, it's also part in our end.

Alan Greenberg: Well--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: --I agree with that.

Alan Greenberg: Yeah.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: And I think--.

Alan Greenberg: --It comes down to a statement I made in regard to an ARALO meeting. I've made it before, though, of how we're going to pick the board rep. That ultimately, ALAC within the ICANN structure is answerable to the success of At-Large, even though we don't have direct control over the RALOs. And it's one of those linkages that we need to strengthen somehow.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Alright. Well, that looks like a work in progress that we need to take onboard. I think the position description way forward is a good one. I think the use of the budgetary limitations, that ALAC may or may not decide to endorse (inaudible) travel for regional leaders, depending on the input from that region or whatever way we put it. Don't know yet. We'll have to work on that. And obviously (inaudible) the regions. And also, to start getting back to what, as I gathered when I looked at what ALAC and RALOs were all supposed to be about, and that is the regions are the key place for policy development. I know that's starting to happen, but it needs to happen a whole lot more.

And having, as Sebastien sort of said, other eyes and ears by invitation, that we can wrangle those invitations into regional meetings, I think is probably a very good way forward. Because doing things where you're not just able to continue on in the same old way because someone from another region, in this case one of the executives, are there to assist and mentor, but also will be observing what goes on could be a very useful tool.

So, I think that's probably brought us to some extent to discuss the position description for ALAC members and ALAC liaisons. Alan, you seem to have a fair amount of comments being generated here.

Alan Greenberg: Comments on the new version?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, the one I've opened on the link that's on our agenda.

Alan Greenberg: That's the original version. If you go to the ALAC meeting agenda, you'll find the other two links.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Alright. Can I make a suggestion about every agenda having the right links? Because it's 3:02 a.m. I really don't need to (inaudible).

Alan Greenberg: Yeah. That – one of them didn't exist until last night, so I can't--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: -That's fine. Anyway, as long as it gets fixed. And I will now do my best to-.

Alan Greenberg: --I don't think I can say much more than I said at the meeting. There is a revision which I tried to, as judiciously as I could, factor in all of the comments. Obviously, some of them were competing. But I think it's a fair one to do a proofread on now and see what we left out or what I got complete wrong. I hope there's not too much of that. I finished it at 2:30 in the morning or so, or 2:00 in the morning my time, and I didn't do a proofread after I created it.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes. (Inaudible.)

Alan Greenberg: At the very least. But you know, there may well be things that just in our blindness we didn't see and here's a clean version, moderately clean, that we need to proofread again quickly. I have no other wisdom other than that to say right now.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Any feedback from Vanda or Sebastien? Because we did have limited time for discussion on this at our other meeting.

Sebastien Bachollet: No, I have to read this document. I was taking care of other documents before this ALAC meeting.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay. Alright. What else on tonight's agenda do we or can we actually attend to?

Alan Greenberg: And specifically, what do you need me for?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, I think we went through the PAD just fine. That's alright. That's been done as far as I'm concerned. We've got all those dates. Heidi, Nick, you don't need anything else from us on that?

Nick Ashton-Hart: I don't think so.

Heidi Ullrich: No.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Is there anything else we need to do then for the next one, other than have an executive mid-month meeting?

Alan Greenberg: When is our next meeting scheduled?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Good question. Well, we moved forward to the 8th because of other competition of the meeting before. Something around the – what? What were we talking, the 6th then?

Nick Ashton-Hart: I show the 28th.

Alan Greenberg: The 28th is at Seoul.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Of September.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Well, that's in your calendar, Cheryl, actually. Sorry. Yeah. No, that's – I see it in all calendars with the--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: The 28th of September. Okay.

Nick Ashton-Hart: The 20th of this month I have one at – I show 1800, which I think would be--.

Alan Greenberg: -Just – I am not available-.

Nick Ashton-Hart: --That would be my time.

Alan Greenberg: I'm not available that day.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: We need to look at that then.

Gisella Gruber-White: I'm sorry. Excuse me. The 28th shouldn't be in Cheryl's (inaudible) for tomorrow at (inaudible).

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Whoa, whoa. Stop, stop, stop. Cannot be (inaudible).

Nick Ashton-Hart: You're dropping out (inaudible).

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Sorry. Is that better?

Alan Greenberg: Yes.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: We've got a one-off call (inaudible) 1930 (inaudible). Would this be the (inaudible)?

Nick Ashton-Hart: You're dropping out again. Did you say there's a 1930 call tomorrow?

Sebastien Bachollet: Yes. As a way forward vis-à-vis the chosen – the At-Large chosen director. It's at 7:30 p.m. UTC tomorrow.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes. But that's not our next ExCom call.

Sebastien Bachollet: No.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: According to this diary entry, which is sitting in my calendar, I can certainly see it, it's (inaudible) for the 29th of September, or my 29th, which is your 28th.

Gisella Gruber-White: It shouldn't be for the 29th. We do a doodle after this call to set the next call.

Alan Greenberg: Okay. The 29th ones were moved to this week.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay. Well, this is very confusing to me, I have to say. Alright. So, I only do what my calendar tells me to and I'm in need of the mid-month meeting, somewhere on or about the week – before the 7th or 8th of October would be good because we have a couple of things that are needing to be going out as the statement for votes are closing by those dates. So, how are we fixed for the first week of October, 5 or 6 or, indeed, the second week of October starting the 12th? We'll do a doodle on that then.

Gisella Gruber-White: I can do a doodle for the 5th and the 6th.

Nick Ashton-Hart: I will probably not be with you. Oh, wait. Well, it's very likely I will not be with you on those two days. I have to go to London to see Consumers International. So, I will certainly attend if I am not in transit or at meetings.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Would it be better for it to be the 7th? Because I think things are going in this coming period (inaudible) the 8th and 9th, so 7 is a possibility?

Nick Ashton-Hart: Yeah. I mean, I would wish you didn't have to arrange things around me, but--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: --Well, if we just add the 7th in as well, that might be useful.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Yeah. Sure.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Does that work for you, Alan?

Alan Greenberg: I have a doctor's appointment on the 7th, so it depends on what time it is.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay. Well, do a yes, no or maybe on (inaudible).

Alan Greenberg: Yep.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Okay. Anything else for the ExCom?

Nick Ashton-Hart: Just so that you all know, I am now informed that I still don't have a real ETA on when the public consultation documents related to the bylaw amendments for the IIC proposals will be available in the non-English versions.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Un-bloody-believable.

Nick Ashton-Hart: I – at this point, I cannot do anything by suggest that you send a note to the Board.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, we were going to wait until they (inaudible) we are soon going to be – public comments running from (inaudible). If it's not likely to come out, I think (inaudible) we'll have to (inaudible)--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: --Well, also, if you don't send something in, the Board may take up the issue of approving these bylaw amendments.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Because they won't know that you're waiting on--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: --Well, I have a note here, Nick, that says do institutional – improve institutional confidence letter, so it's on my to-do list. It's now a high priority. Sebastien, can I ask you to, if possible, do some early editing on a draft, or do you want to do an early draft and me edit it?

Alan Greenberg: Nick, is there some hidden message as to why this is taking so long?

Nick Ashton-Hart: I have been unable to figure out exactly what's going on.

Alan Greenberg: I mean, they're not all that extensive.

Nick Ashton-Hart: At the same time, the staff documents, the way forward documents on which those proposals were based are also not posted in their non-English versions. So, the non-English versions have certainly been available for some time because I had copies sent to me and sent them out to all of you. I really can't tell you what exactly is going on with relation to these texts. I find it mystifying, especially considering that the ICANN transparency and accountability principles, amongst other things from February of 2008, require the bylaws to have been translated. And here we are on September of 2009 and those aren't posted either, so--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Can I ask how many others – hopefully, all of us will be joining the Adobe room for the public participation meeting, because I think we have an opportunity to raise this matter there as well.

Nick Ashton-Hart: The only thing I would say there is you could--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: --I don't mean instead; I mean as well.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Well, yeah, because otherwise you're going to be jumping people who won't know that there's a problem and I think they would fix it if they knew about it.

Sebastien Bachollet: Cheryl, I am not sure that I get what you were asking me to do.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, because you've led the improving institutional confidence workgroup, I wondered whether you wanted to do a first draft of a letter regarding all of this to the Board for me to then edit, or whether you want to edit a letter I put together.

Sebastien Bachollet: It's easier for me when it's English regarding if you write something, but I know that you have a lot of things to do. And if I can have some help from staff, I will do the first draft.

Alan Greenberg: Cheryl, on the belief that documents that are half a page long or less actually get read and the others don't, do we need anything more here than a list of four or five examples where they have not met translation delivery criteria? And Nick has already identified three or four right now. And a simple one sentence saying are the statements made in such and such and such and such a sham or are they reality?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes. And I think that's the hard line we need to take.

Alan Greenberg: I mean, I--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: -Yes-.

Alan Greenberg: --I think the substance of it should be not more than one or two sentences and to the point.

Nick Ashton-Hart: And just in case there's any doubt, it really distresses me that I should even have to ask you to do this, that I shouldn't have been able to.

Alan Greenberg: Nick--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: --To pierce this bubble internally after a month and a half of trying is very frustrating.

Alan Greenberg: I do not think this is one that warrants all of the flowery talk that one normally puts in the statements to the Board. I think this is a short and to the point that they cannot miss.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Well, in all my spare time I will do my best to get it out--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Well, you've got a few letters on your plate, Cheryl. I'm happy to help anyone who wants to draft--.

Alan Greenberg: --Nick, if you can produce the list of things – where things were – deadlines that have been missed, I think that is the substance of what we want to say. Or unreasonable deadlines have been set to begin with.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: We should note also those (inaudible) policies to the ALAC call. He was involved in the staff meeting. I think that's fair enough that we should go back in and put that in.

Alan Greenberg: Yeah. Okay, folks, I've got to go.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yep. Alright. Alan, I'll be talking to you in a few (inaudible) as well. Not very long at all.

Alan Greenberg: Okay. Take care. Bye-bye. Bye, everyone.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Alright.

Gisella Gruber-White: Quick question. Quick question.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes. I'm here. (Inaudible.)

Gisella Gruber-White: We've got to see – sorry, I don't know what's wrong with this phone. Can you hear me?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes, we can.

Gisella Gruber-White: We've got the call time (inaudible). Do you need anything else with regards to this call? A separate meeting page or--?

Nick Ashton-Hart: Well, a standard meeting page, I would say. A link to that wiki page and – that's the agenda item, I guess.

Gisella Gruber-White: Okay.

Nick Ashton-Hart: And I can't think of anything else. Can you, Cheryl, really?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: No. I think that'll be fine. I would like to, however, draw your attention to one thing before we close, and that is do we know (inaudible) of certain pieces of email, which that surprisingly bothers me greatly and I need to share, and that is do we know who's going to be turning up to this call yet?

Unidentified Participant: That's the next phone call?

Nick Ashton-Hart: Yeah, it's the next phone call, so--.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: So it's only ExCom.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Yeah.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Is (inaudible) able to attend?

Nick Ashton-Hart: No. Well, I shouldn't say--.

Gisella Gruber-White: She's confirmed the doodle and I put her on a dial-out.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Fantastic. Yes. That's good. Okay. (Inaudible.)

Sebastien Bachollet: But I am sorry, it's not the next phone call. It's the call of the members of the ExCom.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes, I understand that. And I wasn't sure whether it's was only going to be limited to us or not.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Well, we – I mean, we posted it that it was happening and – you know.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yes. And people may indeed drop in, which is--.

Nick Ashton-Hart: -Yeah-.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: --Perfectly reasonable as well.

I just wanted to finally draw your attention to the huge (inaudible) in as much as we are now going to have to prepare ourselves to (inaudible) interaction in the future from the new nominating committee appointment for LACRALO through the ALAC, whose discussion on the board liaison, particularly the (inaudible) for the most part we dearly know what the ALAC agenda or what the ALAC is, much less At-Large. This is where principle and knowledge of issues come into play. And on we go. I think is a harbinger of what I expected. So, watch this space, ladies and gentlemen, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Nick Ashton-Hart: That's from Carlton?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Yeah. Okay. Talk to you – some of you sooner than later. And Gisella, I've just got the PNDR call now. I haven't got anything else?

Gisella Gruber-White: No. PNDR is for an hour.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: So this is (inaudible). Okay.

Gisella Gruber-White: Yes.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: (Inaudible) an hour. Okay.

Alright. I'll talk to you soon then, Gisella. Thank you all.

Nick Ashton-Hart: Thanks for everything, all of you.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Bye.

Unidentified Participant: Thank you.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: Bye.

Sebastien Bachollet: Bye-bye.

• No labels