AFRALO Monthly Teleconference

Date: 01 July 2009

Time: 18:00 UTC (For the time in various timezones click here)

Meeting Number: AL.AF/CC.0709/1

How can I participate in this meeting?

Comment est-ce qu'on peut participer � la t�l�conf�rence?

Who is on the dial-out list for this call?

Action Items: EN, FR

Interpretation: French and English

Transcripts: EN, FR

Recording: English Francais

Participants: B. Schombe, Y. Atohoun (technical difficulties) T. Ben Jemaa, M. El Bashir

Apologies: H. Ullrich, H. Diakite

Absent:

Staff: N. Ashton-Hart

A G E N D A - Version Francaise en Bas de Page

Standing Issues:

1. Roll Call (2 minutes)

2. Review of the Summary Minutes of 11 June 2009 EN (5 minutes)

3. Review of the Action Items of 11 June 2009 EN (5 minutes)

Proposed Issues:

1. Report from Sydney (Hawa, Mohamed and Didier - 20 minutes)
a. At-Large Meeting Agendas

b. At-Large Member Meeting Allocation and Reports from Sydney meeting

c. Secretariat Meeting
i. AFRALO presentations
ii. Action Items

• Establish regular Cross-Ralo Secretariat teleconferences
  • Re-establish regular use of Secretariat Listserve and Wiki
  • Establish calendar of RALO/ALS/Regional Liaison activities
  • Fellowship contacts to be distributed for identification of potential ALS candidates

2. Report from AFRALO Strategy Meeting in Sydney (Hawa, Mohamed and Didier - 20 minutes)

Version Francaise

Points permanents de l’ordre du jour:

1. Appel des présences(2 minutes)
2. Approbation du compte-rendu de la conférence du 11 juin 2009FR (5 minutes)
3.Examen des actions à suivre du 11 juin 2009FR (5 minutes)

Proposition de points supplémentaires à discuter:

> *1. Sydney (Hawa, Mohamed and Didier - 20 minutes)
> a. At-Large Meeting Agendas*
> b. At-Large Member Allocation and Reports from Sydney meeting
> c. Secretariat Meeting
> 2. Report from AFRALO Strategy Meeting in Sydney (Hawa, Mohamed and Didier - 20 minutes)

Comments:

dear all,
I had several discussions and exchanges with various operators of private sector and with actors of political life of DR Congo.
Following these exchanges in RD Congo, at the time of traning workshop on efacilitation, I was invited to make a presentation about Icann activities in connection with attribution and management of domain names. At the time of this same opportunity, I was invited to Libreville in Gabon where I had to almost make the same presentation for some organizations of civil society and some operators of private sector.
We arrived at a report where it proves to be necessary to organize a strategic forum with like topic : “Business Plan between Icann and private sector in central Africa”. It is an idea suggested which can be enriched and modified.
This forum, of partners like the Economic community of the States of Central Africa (ECSCA), the University Agency of Francophonie (AUF), TV5, Agencies of Regulation… to quote only these, will be essential partners for the perenniality of the actions which will be retained at the time of this forum which could be organized in several editions in a rotary way in the 11 countries of central Africa.
I will wish to obtain your opinion on top to allow us to prepare a proposal in this direction.

chers tous,

J’ai eu plusieurs entretiens et échanges avec différents operateurs du secteur privé en RD Congo et avec des acteurs de la vie politique de la RDC Congo.
Suite a ces échanges en RD Congo, lors d’un atelier de formation sur le efacilitation, j’ai été invite à faire une présentation n sur les activités Icann en rapport avec l’attribution et la gestion des noms de domaine. Lors de cette même occasion, j’ai été invite à Libreville au Gabon ou j’ai eu à faire presque la même présentation pour les organisations de la société civile et certains opérateurs du secteur privé.
Nous sommes arrivé à un constat où il s’avère nécessaire d’organiser un forum stratégique avec comme thème : « Plan d’affaires entre Icann et le secteur prive en Afrique centrale ». C’est une idée proposée qui peut être enrichie et modifiée.
A ce forum, des partenaires comme la Communauté Economique des Etats de l’Afrique Centrale (CEEAC), l’Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), TV5, les Agences de Régulation… pour ne citer que ceux-là, seront des partenaires indispensables pour la pérennité des actions qui seront retenues lors de ce forum qui pourra être organisé en plusieurs éditions de façon rotative dans les 11 pays de l’Afrique centrale.
Je souhaiterai obtenir vos avis là-dessus pour nous permettre de préparer une proposition dans ce sens.

Baudouin SCHOMBE

contributed by b.schombe@gmail.com on 2009-06-29 09:27:23 GMT

We should include in the agenda :
finalization of the AFRALO baylow
AFRALO budjet for 2010

We agreed to have a short breefing each teleconf. Perhaps we need to put tomorrow an agenda for the next 3 months (till Seoul).

Je pense que nous devons ajouter à l'ordre du jour :
La finalisation des statuts d'AFRALO
Le budjet d'AFRALO pour 2010

Nous avions décidé de faire un petit breefing au début de chaque téléconf. Peut-être que nous devons établir demain un programme de ces breefings pour les 3 prochains mois (jusqu'à Seoul).

Tijani BEN JEMAA

contributed by guest@socialtext.net on 2009-06-30 11:32:47 GMT

i guess the breifing is covered on updates on ICANN sydney..

If Khalid is present he should provide us with an update on the Baylaws issue .
lets try to make the meeting brief and productive .

Talk to you all later .. Mohamed

contributed by guest@socialtext.net on 2009-07-01 12:46:32 GMT

Let us start on time so that we can finish after one hour maxi.
Essayons de commencer a l'heure
Yaovi

contributed by yaovito@yahoo.fr on 2009-07-01 15:38:00 GMT

I was chairing the meeting, and my name is not listed as even participant !!!

contributed by guest@socialtext.net on 2009-07-07 13:13:03 GMT

• No labels