ALAC Monthly Teleconference
Meeting Number: AL.ALAC/CC.0510/1
Date: Tuesday, 25 May 2010
Time: 1400 - 1530 UTC
(For the time in various timezones click here)
Adobe Connect Meeting Room: http://icann.na3.acrobat.com/alac2010/
Interpretation Available: Yes (EN, FR, ES - Simultaneous)
Who is on the dial-out list for this call?
Participants: Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Alan Greenberg, Patrick vande Walle, Sebastien Bachollet, Adam Peake, Ron Sherwood, James Seng, Gareth Shermann, Vivek, Dave Kissoondoyal, Rudi Vansnick, Carlos Aguirre, Sylvia Herlein Leite, Tijani Ben Jemaa
Apologies: Beau Brendler, Mohamed El Bashir, Fatimata Seye-Sylla, Carlton Samuels, Matthias Langenegger
Staff: Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber-White, Seth Greene
Action Items: EN, FR, ES
Adopted Motions: EN, FR, ES
DRAFT A G E N D A
I. Standing Agenda Items (20 - 25 min)
1. Adoption of the Agenda – Call for Any Other Business or Other amendments (2 min)
2. Roll Call Apologies from Members, if any (1 min)
3. Review of the April ALAC Meetings:
4. Review of Current ALS Applications (3 mins)
a. Update on status of application of Colorado ISOC: (138) Colorado ISOC (PDF, 147 KB|http://www.atlarge.icann.org/file/12403/download/12456]
b. Update on status of application of Binary Egypt: (139) Binary Egypt (PDF, 49 KB|http://www.atlarge.icann.org/file/12408/download/12461]
5. Reports (5-10 minutes)
a. Liaison Reports
Note: There will be no discussion of liaison reports during the meeting; these links are by way of information only. Any Liaison who wishes a discussion to take place on an item related to their brief, or has an item for which a decision is required, is to use this wiki to edit the sections under Items for Decision, or Items for Discussion, as relevant, in advance of the meeting,or raise an item for Any Other Business at the START of the meeting, BEFORE adoption of the agenda.
b. Sub-committees of the ALAC
c. Working Group Reports
Note: The Chair formalized her request during the 22 October 2009 meeting for the Officers of the At-Large Working Groups to submit monthly reports.There will be no discussion of Working Group reports during the meeting; these links are by way of information only. Any At-Large Working Group Officer who wishes a discussion to take place on an item related to their brief, or has an item for which a decision is required, is to use this wiki to edit the sections under Items for Decision, or Items for Discussion, as relevant, in advance of the meeting,or raise an item for Any Other Business at the START of the meeting, BEFORE adoption of the agenda.
Standing Working Groups
> At-Large Engagement in ICANN: ( Main Wiki Page )
> Future Structure, Accountability and Transparency of ICANN: ( Main Wiki Page )
> New gTLDs: (Main Wiki Page)
> Technical Issues: ( Main Wiki Page )
> IDN Policy: ( List of IDN Liaison reports )
> At-Large Registrants Rights and Responsibilities: ( Main Wiki Page ) The discussion of an Aspirational Registrant Rights Charter was discussed during the 37th ICANN Meeting.
> Whois Policy: ( Main Wiki Page )
Joint GNSO-ALAC Working Groups
> Joint GNSO-ALAC RAA Related WG activities - click here for joint GNSO-ALAC RAA-related workspace
>>>> i. Update on Working Group A (Registrant Rights Charter)
>>>> ii. Update on Working Group B (Additional Amendments to the RAA)
Ad-Hoc Working Groups
At-Large Name Issues Taskforce: ( Main Wiki Page )
c. RALO Reports:
>> Note: The Chair formalized her request during the 22 October 2009 meeting for the Secretariats of the RALOs to submit monthly reports.
>> There will be no discussion of RALO reports during the meeting; these links are by way of information only.
II. New Business
Items For Decision
6. Review ofAt-Large Policy Advice Development Schedulefor Deadlines (10 mins) Carlton and Cheryl
Click here for all currently open public consultations.
a. The following open public consultations have been proposed by the ExCom as requiring the development of an ALAC statement. Does the ALAC wish to prepare statements on these issues? If yes, who should be responsible for preparing the draft statements?
- RSSAC Review – Draft Working Group Report (ends 5 June 10)
- Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) Subsection 184.108.40.206 (9 July 2010)
b. Does the ALAC wish to prepare statements on the following issues recently opened for under public consultation?
- Draft FY11 Operating Plan and Budget (ends 25 June 10)
- Questions to the Community on Accountability and Transparency within ICANN (ends 1 July10)
- DNS-CERT Operational Requirements & Collaboration Analysis Workshop (ends 2 July 10)
- Meetings for the Next Decade, Stage One (ends 5 July 10)
7. RAA Amendments - Discussion and Endorsement of Initial Report on the Registrant Rights Charter and Next Steps - 5 mins
a. Initial Report on the Registrant Rights Charter
Clean revised version: Draft%20Initial%20Report%20-%20052410%20v5%20Clean.DOC
Redline revised version: Draft%20Initial%20Report%20-%20052110%20v5.DOC
b. Review and Discussion of RAA Next Steps Proposal
Does the ALAC wish to endorse the Initial Report and Next Steps documents?
8. Request for Comments on Upcoming Calls for Applictions for Additional Review Teams - 10-15 mins (Cheryl)
a. Upcoming calls:
Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS - starting date of first round of reviews, 1 October 2010
Whois policy - starting date of first round of reviews, 1 October 2010
Promoting Competition, Consumer Trust and Consumer Choice- one year after the entry in operation of the new gTLDs
b. Request for comments
For Information: Messages from J. Karklins on upcoming Review Team calls
The ALAC is requested to comment on the following two issues:
- At-Large expectations about size and composition of the Review Teams ‘Security Stability and Resilience of the DNS’ and ‘Whois policy’
- Proposed text of call for volunteers representing SO/ACs for the Affirmation reviews ‘Security Stability and Resilience of the DNS’ and ‘Whois policy’
III. Items For Discussion
9. Planning for the Brussels Meeting -10 mins
10. ALS Survey: Initial Results - 10 mins (Sylvia)
11. At-Large Improvements - 10 mins (Seth)
a. Ongoing revisions to At-Large Implementation Project Plan (available at: At-Large%20Improvements%20Proj%20Plan_rev%2014%20(20100519).pdf )
For information: Status of Implementation of Recommendations and Tasks (see: Simplified At-Large Improvements Outline)
12. Accountability and Transparency Review Team: Update and Next Steps - 5 mins (Cheryl)
13. Upcoming At-Large Community Calls - 5 mins (Staff)
a. Briefing on FY11 Operating Plan and Budget by Kevin Wilson, Chief Financial Officer, ICANN (note: this call will be a formal call of the ALAC Sub-Committee on Finance and Budget) - planned for 09/10 June 2010
b. Introduction to the Confluence wiki by Carole Cornelle, Director Project Officers, ICANN - planned for 14/15 June 2010 (note: all At-Large representatives who will be participating in the 38th ICANN meeting in Brussels are requested to participate in this teleconference)
14. Any Other Business - 5-10 mins