When: Monday, February 6th, 2012. GMT Standard Time. 20:00 UTC / This is a 90 Minute Call.
12:00 PST, 15:00 EST, 20:00 London, 21:00 CET , 04:00 Beijing
Adobe Connect Link: http://icann.adobeconnect.com/whoissdt/
On page: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:
Avri Doria - NCSG
Cintra Sooknanan - ALAC
Susan Prosser - RrSG
Michael Young - Individual
Wilson Abigaba - .ug ccTLD registrar
Wendy Seltzer - ALAC
Stephen Van Egmond - Individual
Glen de St Gery
- Agenda Bashing (2 Min)
- Review Previous Week Action Items (10 Min)
- All Open Actions Reviewed & Closed
- Review WHOIS Requirements Survey Question Assignments (70 Min)
- Expected Outcome: Draft #6 of Survey Questionaire
- New Business (5 Min)
- Review of Assigned Action Items (3 Min)
New Action Items:
- Berry - 28 FEB - Schedule SO/AC WSWG Roadshow via Webinar (post Costa Rica)
- Michael - 20 FEB - Review length of survey, language
- Wilson - 10 FEB - Provide examples of survey question types
- Wilson - 20 FEB - Review survey code capability to enable user return to survey for completion at later time
- WSWG Team - 20 FEB - Mold survey questions to available question types
- WSWG Team - 20 FEB - Use of "Question is Relevant " per section/question (review R-6a & R-6b as example)
- WSWG Team - 20 FEB - R7/IRD use in survey, Berry to resend to list - STARTED
- Michael - 20 FEB - Identify editors of survey
- Michael - 20 FEB - Identify Test Survey Takers (possible candidates: Don B., Francisco A., Dave P.)
• Load survey questions into tool – 29 FEB 2012
• Internal Survey Test Control Group – 3 MAR 2012
• Submit Draft Survey – 5 MAR 2012
• Public comment period – 5 MAR 2012 (42 days min)
• Evangelize SO & ACs, Webinar – MAR 2012, Post Costa Rica
• Rework draft – APR 2012
• Independent review – MAY 2012 - Budget?
• Submit to GNSO & release survey for 30 days – 30 MAY 2012
• Review Survey results – JUL 2012
• Release Survey results – 6 AUG 2012
• Publish Final Report – 1 OCT 2012
Open Action Items:
- Berry - 6 FEB - Request Public Session for Costa Rica Meeting Schedule / WSWG Road Show across SOs & ACs - CONVERTED (Maintain as tentative on GNSO Sched)
- NOTE** - we will NOT conduct a public session in CR
- Berry - 9 JAN - Send Doodle poll to determine new WSWG Call Time - COMPLETE
- Wilson - 6 FEB - Search/collaborate/brainstorm for ideas on how to best handle comments within survey - COMPLETE
- Possible Lexical Analysis
- 140 Char response fields
- Ability to see other comments submitted, and select the one preferred +1
- WSWG/ALL - 3 FEB - Review & Respond to Survey Question Requirement Master Document - CARRYOVER
- Berry - 3 FEB - Compile draft v0.6 Survey Questions from WSWG Requirement Assignments - COMPLETE
Adobe Connect Chat:
Berry Cobb: Welcome to the 6 FEB 2012 WSWG Conference.
Michael Young: hi trying to dial in
Michael Young: one sec
Wilson Abigaba: Question types:- Multiple choice (Radio boxes)- Checkboxes (multiple answers)- Ranks (Scale of 1-10 or 1-5)- Drop Down menus- Text (Possible to limit characters)Notes: * It's possible to limit characters in the text fields (if required) * Its possible to have mouse over descriptions for the questions or even the options/answers * We should try as much as possible to avoid text fields because they can only be analysed by a human
Nathalie Peregrine: The echo is from Wilson'sline
Wilson Abigaba: I have moved out of the noisy room. is it better now?
Nathalie Peregrine: Wilson, if you mute your line when not talking it will avoid the echo on other lines. Thank you!
avri: Different questions types have different mechansims that allow 'opting' out.
Michael Young: wilson see avri's comment
Michael Young: like a radio button that says opt out
avri: or multiple choie option: no opinion
wseltzer: just allow people to skip questions?
Michael Young: I think we wanted to be polite
Michael Young: and not ask why they skipped
avri: or true fals with thrid value for don't know
Michael Young: but we have a good idea by their profiling we do
Michael Young: at that start
Michael Young: sure
Michael Young: Avri that works
wseltzer: 4th for "don't care" :)
Michael Young: right
Wilson Abigaba: that is ok, and possible, but it doesnt reduce the numbern of questions or size of the questionnaire
wseltzer: we shouldn't reject the survey for failure to answer a questions
wseltzer: so people can submit at any time when they get tired.
Michael Young: it would be ideal if they can complete it in more than one session
Wilson Abigaba: I would request, if possible, we the members should try to combine some questions (if possible)
Michael Young: in case of interruption
wseltzer: option 2, I'd suggest
Michael Young: and we can try and reduce number of questions
avri: i tend to use codes and come back and finish.
avri: sometimes when doing a survey that i can complete later, i will actually go away and think about a question for a while.
Wilson Abigaba: Avri, how do u easily remember the codes? are they emailed to you, or u save them manually?
avri: i tend to just cut and paste them into a email message that i save in my email drafts forlder
Berry Cobb: One point to remember is that we have the milestone of Independent Review. This step may aid in length of survey, opt out on questions, etc.
avri: but yes send emial with the code is a good thing.
Michael Young: yes
Michael Young: that works
Berry Cobb: 20 FEB, 5 MAR
wseltzer: Q 4, is the respondent "providing" access, or accessing?
wseltzer: i.e. s/providing/gaining/
Cintra Sooknanan: Im Disconnected!!!!
Nathalie Peregrine: we're dialling out to her now
Nathalie Peregrine: Cintra is back on the call
Cintra Sooknanan: so they sound less schizophrenic
Cintra Sooknanan: lol
wseltzer: thanks for the speedy chairing.
Cintra Sooknanan: bye bye