Board Determination on Final Report in February 2020.
Implementation ongoing/subject to prioritization- refer to the implementation page for more information.
- RDS-WHOIS2 Final Report (3 September 2019)
- Board resolution on RDS-WHOIS2 Final Report (25 February 2020)
- Scorecard of Board determinations (25 February 2020)
The Registration Directory Service (RDS) Review is one of the four Specific Reviews. Under Section 4.6 of the ICANN Bylaws, ICANN is obligated to conduct a "periodic review to assess the effectiveness of the then current gTLD registry directory service and whether its implementation meets the legitimate needs of law enforcement, promoting consumer trust and safeguarding registrant data ("Directory Service Review").
The RDS-WHOIS2 Review Team (RDS-WHOIS2-RT) produced 22 final recommendations for Board consideration and released its RDS-WHOIS2 Final Report on 3 September 2019.
The Board took action on each of the 22 recommendations, as specified within the scorecard titled "Final RDS-WHOIS2 Recommendations – Board Action 25 February 2020":
- 15 recommendations were approved in full or in part.
- 4 recommendations were placed in pending complete. The recommendations are to be considered in light of an impact analysis to be completed after Board action on the Expedited Policy Development Process on Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data (EPDP) Phase 2 recommendations, as appropriate and applicable.
- 2 recommendations were passed in whole or in part.
- 2 recommendations were rejected.
See https://www.icann.org/resources/reviews/specific-reviews/whois for more information.