Date: 29 October 2017
Time: 07:30 - 08:00 UTC (time converter)
Slides: SSR2 Outreach October 2017
- What’s your take on what’s going on? What are the next steps?
- Concerned by the Board action. Could be a similar issue with RDS: Suggestion of limited scope. Perception by some that our scope has broadened so I’m worried this is an independent RT being instructed by the Board. I don’t think the GNSO should tolerate this.
- Nobody knows what’s going on and why. Seems ‘behind the curtain’.
- SSR of DNS is ICANN’s primary job. Re board letter and potential interference with RDS and GNSO working groups. It’s not clear if it’s an order or strong request.
- Both letters are vague. Concerned this creates paranoia. No constructive feedback. Details would make conversations more fruitful.