Frequently Asked Questions about the RDAP pilot program. This page will be updated as questions are gathered.
- What is the purpose of the RDAP pilot program?
The goal of this pilot program is to develop a baseline profile (or profiles) to guide implementation, establish an implementation target date, and develop a plan for the implementation of a production RDAP service.
2, What are some of the advantages of RDAP overWHOIS protocol?
- Standardized query, response and error messages.
- Secure access to data (i.e., over HTTPS).
- Extensibility (e.g., makes it easy to add output elements).
- A bootstrapping mechanism that makes it easy to find the authoritative server for a given query.
- Redirection/reference mechanism (e.g., from a thin registry to a registrar).
- Builds on top of the well-known web protocol HTTP.
- Internationalization support for registration data.
- Provides the option to enable differentiated access (e.g., limited access for anonymous users and full access for authenticated users).
For more information, send an email to email@example.com with “RDAP Pilot Program” in the subject line.