It was agreed that there were 2 different areas to organize the work of this WG:
1) To liaise with the ICANN ccTLD’s work and give our input as LACRALO at large, or
2) To look at ccTLD items that are purely of interest to us.
The Mission of this WG :" The objective of the LACRALO WG on ccTLDs is to define and promote the LAC At Large perspective at the ICANN ccTLD processes".
Election of authorities
Chair : Sergio Salinas Porto
Vice Chair : Dev Anand Teelucksingh
Documentation/Capacity building• Making a map of each country's situation regarding their ccTLD.• document our Latin American / Caribbean vision of policies in our respective countries regarding ccTLDs• Create opportunities for education in each ccTLD countries in the region.• Interact with each and every one of the ccTLDs in the region.Putting our perspective• Track the ccNSO work and comment or give our opinion on what occurred there.• Discuss and that are directly related to issues that can or should discuss or comment on ICANN.• Be aware of comments that have the epicenter of the region ccTLDs in ICANN.• Review any other document or comment within ICANN having as center the ccTLD in general.
2 Sub groups were formed:
1) Document + capacity building -Jacqueline and Aida
2) Regional Perspective : Sergio and Aislan
Metrics for this WG
A June deadline was agreed for first deliverables:
- 1) Ccnso issues - June deadline – Aida Noblia and Jacqueline Morris
- 2) Map de Cctlds in Latin America and the Caribbean- Sergio Salinas Porto and Dr. Aislan Vargas Basilio
- 3) Gisella Gruber to set up a Mail list
- 4) Next call for week of April 7th- staff will send a doodle for one day but same time 23 UTC.