Claudia Ruiz:Welcome to the LACRALO Governance Working Group Call on Tuesday, 05 June 2018 at 23:0 UTC

Claudia Ruiz:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_PSoFBQ&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=ioSL5xODqCCYLJkNA2Xvvc1z-C7gVl7fcG8kraC3_84&s=Z9Qpolym0Pc3BNnikmZdMlSKqj3kB_QstR4oj3VTP2M&e=

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome all

Vanda Scartezini:hi all 

Silvia Vivanco:Bienvenidos

Vanda Scartezini: out mi mic mute

sergio salinas porto:me cai...

Silvia Vivanco:ok

Vanda Scartezini:era David

Vanda Scartezini:hola Sergio

sergio salinas porto:envio un nuevo documento para su pŕesentacion en este momento

Alberto Soto:Hola a todos! Hello everyone!!

Vanda Scartezini:miraste lo que yo hable sobre la vice secretario ?

Vanda Scartezini:@sergio lo de arriba

Vanda Scartezini:hola LAberto como estás?

Alberto Soto:Muy bien Vanda

Vanda Scartezini:hola david que bueno que se conectó!

Vanda Scartezini:hi jackie ,  great to have you

sergio salinas porto:intentop conectarme por aca

sergio salinas porto:se esta cayendo la señal telefonica constantemente

Carlton Samuels:Howdy all

Vanda Scartezini:hi Carlton

Jacqueline Morris:HEllo everyone

Vanda Scartezini:hi harold.

Harold Arcos:Hi everyone,,,,Hi @Vanda!

Harold Arcos:was in line only,,

Heidi Ullrich:Hello and welcome to everyone! Welcome back to the Adobe Connect Room!   /   Hola y bienvenido a todos! ¡Bienvenido de nuevo a Adobe Connect Room!

Vanda Scartezini:sorry yo mismo me desconectté

Vanda Scartezini:la coneccion de Sergio esta horrible

sergio salinas porto:voy a intentar hablar por adobe

Silvia Vivanco:Si SErgio por favor

Silvia Vivanco:you can also read out key articles as we have simultaneous interpretation

Silvia Vivanco:document is posted since noon today

sergio salinas porto:voy a salirme del telefono

sergio salinas porto:avizar a odigo que no llamen

Alberto Soto:How long does the translation take? Cuánto tarda la traducción?

Silvia Vivanco:Normally 1 week Alberto

Silvia Vivanco:1 semana

Alberto Soto:Ok

Vanda Scartezini:vbueno oimos los otros

Alberto Soto:ok

sergio salinas porto:escucho pero no me escucha

sergio salinas porto:tranquilos

sergio salinas porto:sigamos

Silvia Vivanco:This is the PREVIOUS version which was translated (back in April; https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_download_attachments_84216695_Pincipios-5FOperativos-5FAbril-5F2018.pdf-3Fversion-3D1-26modificationDate-3D1524263567000-26api-3Dv2&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=ioSL5xODqCCYLJkNA2Xvvc1z-C7gVl7fcG8kraC3_84&s=-mSzEkXNvVC8MyGLYugJxwJEtFvrLgw7OwwS4AGEqyQ&e=

Alberto Soto:Yo puedo contnuar tabajando, I can continue working

Silvia Vivanco:This is the document :https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_pages_viewpage.action-3FpageId-3D84216695-26preview-3D_84216695_84220570_Key-2520issues-2520and-2520changes-2520to-2520Operating-2520Principles.docx&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=CXERzIws_vaPY8WrLB9yz2PICpecEh3yA9MaabnyyBk&m=ioSL5xODqCCYLJkNA2Xvvc1z-C7gVl7fcG8kraC3_84&s=LXQNkXNsMuPfGfPNMN6V1nZFpcL99eOLENWjWsCn1xU&e=

Silvia Vivanco:key issues document above

Vanda Scartezini:they are in this draft

Claudia Ruiz:Bienvenido Humberto Carrasco

Humberto Carrasco:hola

Silvia Vivanco:Bienvenido Humberto

Jacqueline Morris:Thank you vanda - I was about to ask.

sergio salinas porto:+1

Vanda Scartezini:hi Humberto.

sergio salinas porto:articulo 2 cambio

sergio salinas porto:Propuesta de Carlton Samuiels: "Usuarios Individuales no vinculas a estructuras at alrge"

sergio salinas porto:eso fuie agregado

sergio salinas porto:yo no soy partidario de esto humberto...

sergio salinas porto:para eso esta la enmienda

sergio salinas porto:+1 david+

Vanda Scartezini:de acuerdo Humberto. si creo que  la emienda no resolve?

Humberto Carrasco:así es David

Alberto Soto:Asi lo haré

Jacqueline Morris:the current:

Jacqueline Morris:The LACRALO is composed of the ALSs of Latin America and the Caribbean accredited by the ALAC as a mechanism to promote and ensure participation by regional users in the process of developing ICANN policies.

Vanda Scartezini:Alberto / Humberto - si podemos cambiar  el primer y segundo y colocar el texto de la emienda. que piensan ustedes?

Jacqueline Morris:All we need to do is to add individual users in there -

Alberto Soto:Si Vanda,

Jacqueline Morris:The LACRALO is composed  both of the ALSs of Latin America and the Caribbean accredited by the ALAC AND individual users of the region, as a mechanism to promote and ensure participation by regional users in the process of developing ICANN policies.

Alberto Soto:Perfect Jacqueline, I think than is enough

sergio salinas porto 2:+1 jacqueline

sergio salinas porto 2:yes is correct+

sergio salinas porto 2:vanda puedes anotar este punto?

Jacqueline Morris:The vice president will be the President in the next election, automatically.The election of President and Vice President shall be made in an electoral process

Jacqueline Morris:could be

Jacqueline Morris:The vice president will be the President in the next election, automatically.The election of Vice President shall be made in an electoral process

Heidi Ullrich:Will the leaders need to acclaimed each year?

Heidi Ullrich:What happens if the leaders are not effective leaders?

Jacqueline Morris:Not usually. RoP can include processes for issues that may arise.

Silvia Vivanco:@ all please kindly raise your hand on ac room when you wish to take the floor

Carlton Samuels:Using the terminology Vice Chair and Vice Sec is confusing.  The position should be Chair Elect and Sec Elect

Carlton Samuels:IThe RoP should then have an incapacity clause, NOT the Operating Principles

Carlton Samuels:Thee recall clause is separate from the incapacity clause

sergio salinas porto 2:@Carlton I'm not sure with your proposal ... I'm confused about the president-elect ... elected secretary ...

sergio salinas porto 2:grrrr no pudo hablar

Heidi Ullrich:@Sergio, it is the EN term for the leaders who are set to replace the current Chair/VC/Secretary. /@Sergio, es el término EN para los líderes que se establecen para reemplazar al actual Presidente / CV / Secretario.

Alberto Soto:en el NOMCOM si

sergio salinas porto 2:@heidi ok

Heidi Ullrich:Chair Elect is Presidente electo in Google Translate

Alberto Soto:Lo que dice Carlton, creo que ya lo hablamos en las prmeras reunnes y dijimos que así lo haríamos. coincido con el término electo  What Carlton says, I think we already talked about it in the first meetings and we said that we would do it. I agree with the denomination of elected

Vanda Scartezini:heidi - those are the challenges we have with translations inside emails etc.. but  we use chair elect as the  vice chair in Nomcom for isntance

Heidi Ullrich:Correct, Vanda.

Vanda Scartezini:estamso de acuerdo, repectemos las dos linguas - we are ain agreement but better to repect both languages

Jacqueline Morris:Agreed, Vanda.

sergio salinas porto 2:yo propongo hablarlo de las dos formas conforme el idioma...lo otro confunde

Vanda Scartezini:si personas que no estan seguiendo esta discussion no lo comprende.

Jacqueline Morris:Some notes: Family relationships should be defined as CLOSE family relationships (husband, wife, chld, etc)

Heidi Ullrich:@Carlton, could you please speak closer to the microphone?

Heidi Ullrich:The interpretors are struggling to interpret

Vanda Scartezini:impossible to understand this sorry

sergio salinas porto 2:You can explain it better, I do not understand ... sorry

Claudia Ruiz:Carlton can you please get closer to the mic or speak up

sergio salinas porto 2:@Carlton It is not necessary to sanction the ALS, the one that enters into conflict is the person

Jacqueline Morris:the connection with ccTLDs might be problematic - for example a MAG for a country includes organisations that are civil society, end users adnd technical cgroups. For example, ISOCTT and TTCS are on the TTMAG, along with Universities, ISPs etc.

Vanda Scartezini:I could not follow the logic of what the translation is given to us...  members of ALS you are talking about ? since the lidera

sergio salinas porto 2:The ALS is not in danger, what is in conflict is the person

Vanda Scartezini:Sergio. eCrlton esta hablando de los miembros de ALS porque colocamos en el texto ALS  creo yo. pero no comprendi mismo

sergio salinas porto 2:yo tampoco, creo que vamos a tener que hablar con Jacqueline y Carlton para que nos expliquen mejor este punto. Es importante escuchar y ver como avanzamos

sergio salinas porto 2:@Alberto de eso hablamos

sergio salinas porto 2:nunca se penso de otra manera

Carlton Samuels:In the time I was Secretariat of LACRALO, I was the Administrator of .jm TLD

Carlton Samuels:The Secretariat was then the ONLY elected position in LACRALO!!

Carlton Samuels:And I was Secretariat principally because at that time then, I had resources at my disposal

Jacqueline Morris:Basically, in very small countries, many of us have to take on multiple roles. Therefore, if my employer makes me the representative to the Chamber of Commerce, does that mean that in my personal capacity I am unable to  serve in LACRALO?

Vanda Scartezini:creo que es mejor proque no se comprendio

Jacqueline Morris:OK. Will write it up.

Silvia Vivanco:we will be ready to receive  new draft tomorrow AM

Silvia Vivanco:estamos listos a recibir un nuevo documento manana AM

Silvia Vivanco:y lo enviaremos a traduccion

Silvia Vivanco:Next call- Tuesday 12? same time?

Jacqueline Morris:Yes, 12th June is OK for me

Carlton Samuels:I  have to drop off.  Thank you all for a very useful discussion

Carlton Samuels:Bye all

sergio salinas porto 2:propongo primero tener una reunion por skype

Silvia Vivanco:ok please let us know day and time

sergio salinas porto 2:para ver si podemos avanzar en este tema con Carlton y Jacquline

Vanda Scartezini:gracias a todos

Jacqueline Morris:Thanks to everyone.

Silvia Vivanco:please note last day with interpreters is JUne 14

Vanda Scartezini:si vamos ahcerlo Sergio

sergio salinas porto 2:y luego avisamos

Heidi Ullrich:Thank you/Gracias!!

Alberto Soto:gracias, thanks!! Bay bay!!

Silvia Vivanco:after June 14 interpreters won't be available

Jacqueline Morris:Bye all.

Heidi Ullrich:bye!/adios!

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you all! Gracias a todos

Harold Arcos:Buenas noches a todos ,,,thanks staff and interpreters

David Plumb:Tomorrow let's lock down the next 2 meeting time

• No labels