Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the At-Large Improvements Projects Taskforce WG - Monday 16 January 2012
  Gisella Gruber-White:Today's agenda: https://community.icann.org/x/l4zbAQ
  Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone
  Silvia Vivanco:Can you hear me?
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:no, do you remember how to connect your audio?
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:by clicking on the telephone icon at the op of the toolbar
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:it has to be in the shape of a microphone for you to be able to speak
  Silvia Vivanco:Okay
  Silvia Vivanco 2:I muted I think it was mine, so I will keep them muted
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:If you are using a headset, it does make things easier
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Please all make sure your Skype alerts are on mute.
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:can all speakers please be muted? Ido like the sound of my own voise, but still!
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Silvia's machine is doing all the feedback
  Silvia Vivanco 3:I muted my speakers, how did you know it was my computer?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:that's why it would really be better to have everyone use headphones rather than their computer's speaker
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:because the microphone next to your name was theonly one that was showing noise being heard
  Silvia Vivanco 3:Oh ok
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:when a host speaks, the microphone is shown on the adobe connect
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Silvia please mute.
  Silvia Vivanco 3:I muted already
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:you have several windows open
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:(3 of them actually)
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:you're not muted in "Silvia Vivanco" because that's what's broadcasting to everyone
  Silvia Vivanco:closed
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:still looping
  Nathalie  Peregrine 2:Echo from Silvia's line
  Silvia Vivanco:OCL how do I mute on SV?
  Silvia Vivanco:I muted my microphone already and my phone line
  Heidi Ullrich:AIs: https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/Project+Taskforce+16-01-2012+Action+Items
  Gisella Gruber-White:Corrected on meeting page for 9th Jan
  Heidi Ullrich:Outreach wiki: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Outreach+Workspace
  Natalia Enciso:Hi! I have a question: I hear very low on the phone and on the pc. Which one should I use? I missed the 2 previous meetings. Sorry
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Natalia - you can use either phone OR PC ... would you like us to call you on your phone  again to see if better audio?
  Natalia Enciso:Thanks Gisella. I will try first on the pc and let you know if the phone is better. Thanks
  Silvia Vivanco:Cheryl could you speak up? I hear you far away
  Natalia Enciso:Gisella I listen better on the pc.
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Natalia - thank you for letting us know
  Natalia Enciso:No need to call on the phone again. 
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I have my headphones on MAX which means I hear Cheryl well but Yrlö has just detached 10 year's worth of ear wax in my ear canal
  Heidi Ullrich:Can you try to increase your volume, Natalia? 
  Natalia Enciso:Heidi I hear clear and better on the pc. Thanks
  Silvia Vivanco:yes please Olivier's voice is also far away
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am speaking as loud as I can
  Silvia Vivanco:Now is better, thank you
  Silvia Vivanco:Yes 
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please remember to say your names for transcript purposees.
  Heidi Ullrich:Twitter chats, as the name implies, occur over Twitter. In a Twitter chat, you announce a particular date and hour when a specific topic will be discussed via tweets. Generally you use a Twitter hash tag (for example, #tldchat or #ALACchat) to identify the questions and answers, so that participants can pick them out of the whole big Twitter flow. The chat can be in one of two styles: 1) An ICANN moderator throws out questions for the twitter community to discuss. 2) The twitter community poses questions for an ICANN subject matter expert to answer .
  CLO:Yes please
  Heidi Ullrich:Tijani, which next call? Of AFRALO? 
  CLO:I believe  that was the plan  Heidi
  Heidi Ullrich:Dev has joined
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:grr..mic isn't working...coming out and rejoining
  Heidi Ullrich:IT has agreed to provide email addresses for RALO secretariats. However, we still need to explore the issue of issuing email adddress for each ALS. 
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:@Heidi, yes, the one of 18 January
  Heidi Ullrich:ok, thank you , Tijani . 
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:We should include in the invitation reminder the way to use the audio facility of the AC
  Natalia Enciso:agree @Tijani
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:thanks Natalie
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Silvia, please remember to include it
  Gisella Gruber-White:Dev has joined the AC room
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:hi, using iPad to connect
  Silvia Vivanco:@ Tijani, okay, we will work with Natalie on that
  Heidi Ullrich:We have a couple of AIs from our AIs, Cheryl!
  Natalia Enciso:Hi Dev. Cool! thats why your icon is different?
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:yes, trying the iOS app to connect. hearing audio clearly
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I did not credit members with this. I credited SPAMMERS to be clever at harvesting abc(at)domain addresses so Matt will hopefully have ideas about quoting our contact email addresses without making them obvious fodder for spam address harvesting
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but the Technology TaskForce could also look at this as one of their first tasks
  CLO:Well at least  they will have harvested  @icann.org addies  not persona; ones
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:How about "Create an implement a set of graduated remedial processes for nonperformance of ALAC, RALO and ALS members. Such processes should be developed jointly by the ALAC and the RALOs" ?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - please note that we will need to work on the AFRALO Adobe Connect room with our technical department as we need to check and test the feeding in of only ONE AFRALO audio line - English or French...?
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Tijani - Nathalie and I iwll take this offline with you
  Heidi Ullrich:The training material also needs to be translated into FR. 
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:nonperformance can be anything from non attendance to not taking part in debates, to conforming to the RoP's already established minima
  Gisella Gruber-White:The slide presentation also needs to be translated into French. 
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, G. 
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:at secretariats meeting in Dakar, there was rough consensus to use the term "non-quorate" instead of "inactive" alses
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Now, I hear you interupted
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:The connection should be dropped to a very low quality
  CLO:So an AI  is to split  these 2 thinhs  up  and then note  HOW  they are to be progressed
  Heidi Ullrich:yes, noted, Cheryl
  Heidi Ullrich:ALAC to draft language on replacement of ALAC delegates to the NomCom
  Heidi Ullrich:waiting to hear AI re NomCom selectees to the ALAC. 
  Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, All! 
  Heidi Ullrich:Rec 5 next week!!!
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:take care all
  Natalia Enciso:thanks see you next week
  CLO:Bye  for now
  CLO:my bandwidth  is  NOT good  tofday

Connected to Microsoft Exchange

• No labels