Participants: Wolf Ludwig, Christopher Wilkinson, Lutz Donnerhacke, Oksana Prykhodko, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Sandra Hoferichter, Siranush Vardanyan, Sebastien Bachollet, Yrjo Lansipuro, Lutz Donnerhacke

Apologies: Rudi Vansnick

Staff: Gisella Gruber-White, Matthias Langenegger

Review of Action from the last meeting

AI: The EURALO leaders will propose an interim solution regarding officer term limits to the EURALO GA in Belgrade.
ONGOING

AI: Staff will add an agenda item to review the EURALO input on the WT C SWOT analysis on the next EURALO call.
DONE

AI: Staff will work with Wolf and Olivier on a call for volunteers to join the EURALO Geographic Regions Statement WG.
DONE

AI: Staff will carry over the agenda item on the Outreach Recommendations from At-Large Improvements WT-B to the next call.
DONE

The summary minutes from the previous call were endorsed.

Open Public Consultations

Olivier: The public consultations on Internationalized Registration Data and GNSO Constituencies are currently open. The recording of the community call will be made available shortly. We should also soon receive the draft Statement from Alan Greenberg on the GNSO constituencies for comments.

Olivier summarised the recently submitted ALAC statement: 

Olivier: Thanks to all of you for your input to the recent ALAC statements and the FY12 Budget Requests.

Update on Current Policy Issues

Board/GAC Consultation on New gTLDs

Wolf:  This was one of the outcomes of the Cartagena meeting to solve the outstanding new gTLD issues. The meeting will be held in Brussels at the end of the month and Rudi will participate on behalf of At-Large.

Olivier: I will also be there and hopefully we will be able to make new friends for At-Large and refresh old friendships.

Sebastien: The fact that Olivier can participate is another success for At-Large. We have a Skype chat which we will leave open during the meeting to give you live updates and allow for questions and comments.

Christopher: How do I get to that chat? Olivier, does the ALAC have a position on the recently submitted document from the NCUC?

Olivier: We have been in informal discussion with Konstantinos and also the US Department of Commerce on the upcoming consultation. Evan and I have also participated in discussions on the Recommendation 6 WG and the Special Trademark Interests document. It appears that the advice given to the Board has been summarised by ICANN Staff and left out some of our reasonings which let to confusion.

Sebastien: The issues surrounding the misinterpretation of the ALAC advice let the Board to appoint a WG to follow the work of At-Large. It is also important that At-Large participates in the discussions. It should not only be between the Board and the GAC.

Oksana: I would like to draw your attention to the fact that we have a Ukranian representative in the GAC.

Olivier: I wanted to thank Sebastien for working so hard to get me invited to the Board-GAC meeting in Brussels.

Transition from IPv4 to IPv6
Olivier: There is not much news on this issue apart from the fact that the last dispatch of IPv4 addresses was given out in early February. I am sure we will hear more about this issue in the near future.

Review EURALO Input to Work Team C SWOT Analysis

Olivier: EURALO is asked to review and comment on the SWOT Analysis which has been produced by WT C.

Wolf: I reviewed the list and have not found anything to add. The list looks comprehensive.

Olivier: You could also note your support for a particular point on the list.

Wolf: I noticed that too. We should comment on how the different points should be weighted.

AI: The EURALO members will review the SWOT Analysis to identify points of particular importance.

Siranush: During the last APRALO call, it was decided that Fouad Bajwa will send out an email on the SWOT analysis.

AI: Siranush will send her comments on the SWOT analysis to Wolf and Olivier by the end of the week.

EURALO Budget Requests for FY12

Wolf: We submitted our budget requests for FY12. You can find it listed under: https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+FY12+Budget+Proposals

Sebastien: I am on the Board Finance committee and will keep an eye on the At-Large requests.

Wolf: Rudi will represent EURALO along with Olivier in the ALAC F&B Subcommittee.

Update on Outreach Recommendations from At-Large Improvements WT-B liaison

Wolf: Olivier and Sandra participated in the last meeting.

Sandra: I am part of WT B to provide input on the Capacity Building program but this has not been discussed during the last two calls. There was a lot of discussion on the appropriate communication tools in the regions and the consensus seems to be that the ALS should be free to choose.

Wolf: The goal of this WG is to find ways to improve ALS participation. We conducted a survey on our ALS members earlier this year and the outcome was that we need to look at ways to improve the communication with our ALSes. I am sceptical about a technical solution to the problem. Another point was outreach. We set the goal of one ALS per country some time ago. This is an ambitious goal but do-able in my view. We still have only have sketchy representation in the Eastern European countries so we need to work further on that.

Preparations for the EURALO Activities at ICANN San Francisco Meeting

Wolf: We will not have a EURALO meeting in SFO but there will be a call to summarize the discussions shortly afterwards.

Sandra gave a summary of the EuroDIG Belgrade preparations.

Wolf: See you in San Francisco!

The meeting was then adjourned.

• No labels