(thanks to Lianna Galstyan, APRALO, for the backdrop)
On Tuesday 13th November 2018, Jörg Schweiger, representative for DENIC, Chair of the Board of Directors of CENTR, the Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries and Olivier Crépin-Leblond, EURALO's chair, co-signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the Purpose of Collaboration between their respective organisations.
The parties mutually agreed to collaborate by:
1) Regularly updating each other on areas and activities of mutual interest;
2) Encouraging awareness of each other’s activities and mission among their respective members;
3) Promoting Internet development in the European region by encouraging participation in fora relating to Internet standards, policy development and Internet governance;
4) Promoting an open, bottom-up, multistakeholder Internet governance model;
5) Raising awareness about the DNS and its importance in maintaining an open Internet;
6) Collaborating on joint capacity-building events and related activities of mutual interest, including meetings, training courses, projects and workshops in the areas of Internet policy and Internet governance.
Pictures with thanks to Natalia Filina
EURALO-CENTR MOU - PDF
CENTR Press release: PDF