Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the At-Large Regional Secretariats Meeting on Thursday, 22 January 2015 at 14:00 UTC

Terri Agnew:meeting page: https://community.icann.org/x/OpUQAw

Siranush Vardanyan:hi Terri and all

Siranush Vardanyan:hello everyone

Terri Agnew:Hi Siranush

Pavan Budhrani:hi all

Humberto Carrasco:Hello

Siranush Vardanyan:test

Silvia Vivanco:Hello everyone!

Maureen Hilyard:Hi everyone

Pavan Budhrani:hi all, i have just joined the call

Alan Greenberg:I suggest that she reconnect. This kind of thing happens at times

Siranush Vardanyan:done:)

Maureen Hilyard:Ive had to change laptops. My other machine worked for the ccNSO meeting but adobe didn't want to connect for this meeting for some reason :(

Satish Babu:Hi all

Silvia Vivanco:Hello Satish

Siranush Vardanyan:i was disconnected

Gisella Gruber:@ Siranush - we are calling you

Siranush Vardanyan:thanks, waiting for the dial out

Alan Greenberg:We can hear you but not well.

Wolf Ludwig:Sounds like a bad / fade connection ...

Siranush Vardanyan:thank you

Alberto Soto:Hi all! Sorry for being late

Maureen Hilyard:Much better Siranush

Heidi Ullrich:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2950348

Glenn McKnight:Our  Social Media  call ran  late  just finished

Silvia Vivanco:Welcome Glenn

Gisella Gruber:Mohamed has joined the call

Glenn McKnight:Hi All     

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Hello everyone

Gisella Gruber:Alberto Soto has joined the call

Siranush Vardanyan:welcome all

Heidi Ullrich:Thanks, Alan. These activities are under the stage of the external review. Thanks for expanding on that stage.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I object to the term calling it a 360 review. This term is ill-used. 360 review is a loaded term.

Terri Agnew:Welcome Olivier Crepin-Leblond

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/360-degree_feedback

Glenn McKnight:What is in the 360 review?

Glenn McKnight:What is the screen, purpose 

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:but never mind re: my objection. It's not the first time ICANN misuses a term and not the last time either. I raise the problem with the Board Chair & he was unphazed.

Heidi Ullrich:@Glenn, the 360 review is basically the review itself as it seeks to get a full review of the AC/SOs.

Glenn McKnight:My question is  what is the screening process,  ie.  participation, attendance,  contributions  etc

Glenn McKnight:Performance  indicators

Glenn McKnight:If its  functional?

Glenn McKnight:A sanity check

Terri Agnew:Welcome Aziz Hilali

Alan Greenberg:The session on Sunday in Singapore is not just for the "working party" It is for the entire group.

Aziz:Thank you Terri

Alan Greenberg:That is, the ALAC and RALO leaders.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:My comment on using 360 review terminology: http://dilbert.com/strip/2004-03-12

Glenn McKnight:Great  comic  OCL

Aziz:sorry to be late

Alan Greenberg:@OCL, as I said, the term 360 review is a misnomer. BUt it is the one we are using for want of a better one.

Glenn McKnight:Similar to the old  dance cards

Glenn McKnight:When will the new document be available

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Scott Adams should really be doing a complete book about ICANN.

Maureen Hilyard:@Heidi Sounds as if the new documents would be really useful for outreach - are these going to be booklets or brochures?

Evan Leibovitch:The old outreach vs "inreach"  issue

Glenn McKnight:Outreach  is  new  and Engagement is  working with old

Wolf Ludwig:Agree on the *engagement* component -- "inreach" is a different issue!

Glenn McKnight:Nurturing  and empowering  term

Heidi Ullrich:@Maureen, it will be a double-sided 8.5 x 11 inch doc

Maureen Hilyard:@Alan.. engagement with ALSes "Inreach"?

Wolf Ludwig:Working with old" is Inreach, Glenn!

Evan Leibovitch:+1  Alan,  but also not just awareness,  but the need to convince the public that involvement in ICANN is a valid use of valuable volunteer resources

Humberto Carrasco:Dear All, Alberto has a electric power supply issue and he cannot participate via Adobe

Silvia Vivanco:The document relates to de-certification of ALS at the RALO LEVEL

Maureen Hilyard:I agree with you, Siranush

Silvia Vivanco:As I mentioned if you read the document you will see that there are specific procedures for EACH Ralo, each region does it differently

Humberto Carrasco:Dear all, this is our new draft (LACRALO)

Humberto Carrasco:When an ALS not vote in three consecutive elections will lose the right tovote. The same applies for non-participation in discussion lists forAt-Large and / or Working Groups, for 12 consecutive months. In either case,you automatically lose their voting rights and active status within LACRALO.If the owner had trouble exercise the vote, it shall only communicate inadvance informing replacement.The ALS will be notified about the change of status.You can recover their voting rights and status of assets, if within the next12 months performs all activities required to be considered an active ALS.Otherwise, from 24 months of inactivity, the President sent to the ALAC arequest to discredit the ALS.It is the responsibility of the President and Secretary, maintain regularcontact with ALS who are not participating, and shall reflect such contact.This is to keep the inclusive criteria already mentioned several times, toavoid decertifications .

Humberto Carrasco:we are still working about this

Alan Greenberg:Formal Rule:

Alan Greenberg:Decisions to de-certify an ALS shall require a 2/3 majority of the members of the ALAC who cast a vote as provided in the Rules of Procedure of the ALAC, and any decertification decision shall be subject to review as provided in the ICANN Bylaws, Article IV, Section 2. Reasons for the ALAC to pursue de-certification action, and to de-certify an ALS, may include persistent non-compliance with significant ALS requirements. The ALAC will provide advance notice to the ALS in question, and the ALS will have an opportunity to be heard and respond to the ALAC prior to a decision on de-certification. The ALAC will notify the ALS of its de-certification decision and provide information on requesting a review of the decision.

Silvia Vivanco:We got the statistics for APRALO already

Silvia Vivanco:regarding assistance to monthly meetings

Humberto Carrasco:Alberto has a electric power supply issue. This is because he is not here anymore.

Aziz:we may be defined ALS status

Aziz:Active, Less active and Standby

Silvia Vivanco:Yes they are already incorporated Siranush, I added LACRALO's draft as well

Heidi Ullrich:ATLAS II Recs to the Board: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Recommendations+to+the+ICANN+Board

Humberto Carrasco:I cannot see 28 and 29

Humberto Carrasco:in the list

Heidi Ullrich:All ATLAS II recs: https://community.icann.org/display/als2/Post-ATLAS+II+Activities+Workspace

Terri Agnew:@all, Olivier has disconnected from audio. We will dial back out to him

Humberto Carrasco:Thanks

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:back

Silvia Vivanco:Ok I am taking note

Alan Greenberg:Evan fading...

Silvia Vivanco:I have added RALO-RIRs relationships as Agenda item

Silvia Vivanco:Thank you for this suggestion

Terri Agnew:we are locating the line

Silvia Vivanco:Congratulations to APRALO on this new MOU with Dot Asia and to NARALO for agreement with ARIN

Silvia Vivanco:we will have signing ceremonies in Singapore

Evan Leibovitch:Alan,  nothing to do with Adigo. I am indeed fading  :-p

Evan Leibovitch:Thanks!

Glenn McKnight:Question:  Is all the  RALO  required to sign an agreement with the RIR?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Glen:: not *required* but "encouraged"

Maureen Hilyard:@Alan.. I think that this is what we need to include in our documents

Alan Greenberg:@Maureen, Most definitely.

Alan Greenberg:Please mute!

Glenn McKnight:Ok now

Siranush Vardanyan:sorry, it was my son:)

Maureen Hilyard:+1 Olivier

Alan Greenberg:We wanted to create "MOU-envy" for those RALOs that did not have such an agreement.

Siranush Vardanyan:MOU envy - sounds good:)))

Silvia Vivanco: @ Alan :) :) !

Glenn McKnight:bye all 

Evan Leibovitch:Gaining MOU-mentum

Alan Greenberg::-)

Heidi Ullrich:See you in Singapore!

Silvia Vivanco:I like that Evan!

Satish Babu 2:Thanks and bye!

Alan Greenberg:Bye all. Safe travels

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Siranush. bye all

• No labels