Gary Hunt - UK Government:Good afternoon (just) from London... yes we can hear you!

Gary Hunt - UK Government:Ahhh, Mr Hickson!

judith hellerstein:hi all. good morning to all

nigel hickson:@Gary - greetings

Marilia Maciel:Hello all! Good morning!

judith hellerstein:sorry the app crashed and had to reboot

Marilia Maciel:Sure, Olivier!

Bill Drake:what is it you want to know?

Marilia Maciel:I may need to drop earlier, still dont know, but will let you know. Thanks.

Renate De Wulf:@ALL, please clearly say your name before speaking for the transcriber

Bill Drake:it is astonishingly anodyne

Marilia Maciel:I agree Bill

Tom Dale (GAC Secretariat):There is a useful blog on the non-paper by Sam Dickinson at http://linguasynaptica.com/deconstructing-the-wsis10-non-paper/

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Tom: I like Sam's analyses in general. Thanks for the pointer!

nigel hickson:Agree with Bill; but the process has driven us to this; traversity of all the work UNESCO, ITU, CSTD did ! 

Renata Aquino Ribeiro:Hello

Renate De Wulf:@Renate, welcome!

Marilia Maciel:Hi Renata! :)

Harold Arcos <Internauta Venezuela>:Hi all

Gary Hunt - UK Government:Tom (GAC Sec); Willthere be notes of this session available? Thanks, Gary UK

renata aquino:hi w/ a bitoj connectivity issues :)

Renate De Wulf:@Gary, we will post the recording on the wiki page and this will also be sent for transcription which will also be posted on our wiki page when available

Renate De Wulf:@Renata, hope it gets better

Gary Hunt - UK Government:Many Thanks Renate!

marilyn Cade:I support that we not submit comments, as we are

Marilia Maciel:Agree with Bill too. Of course we can comment on our capacity, but we should wait for the draft to reassess if there is something to do as a community.

marilyn Cade:the CCWG-IG, and not needed to have our comments. however, please do  not misunderstand thee paper. and its elements. I do not support extending the deadline, as we need the zero draft.

judith hellerstein 2:I think the timing is too short for us to make comments and weshould spend more time on our Dublin meeting

Harold Arcos <Internauta Venezuela>:@Renate, will be presentation available? Can't download .pdf

marilyn Cade:Focus on the sesion in Dublin, please

judith hellerstein 2:@harold, there is no presentation just an agenda

Renate De Wulf:@Harold, all these documents (via the links) are available on our wiki page  https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43984275

marilyn Cade:ICANN may submit comments as an organization, however, that is not the CCWG-IG. The issues in the non paper are a topic for discussion in Dublin. I am assuming that ICANN might submit comments, but really, we are here to advise ICANN, not to step in front of ICANN, which to me means that we discuss and advise ICANN

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Marilyn: I don't think anyone has argued otherwise

judith hellerstein 2:on enhanced cooperation, that is already being done at the CSTD.  Do they mean set it up in addition to the work at the CSTD

marilyn Cade:ICANN shoud join with others to continue work at CSTD on EC and support that broadly.

Bill Drake:I guess it depends how you read "full implementation of enhanced cooperation

Harold Arcos <Internauta Venezuela>:Thanks @Renate,

Bill Drake:I assume staff will say something, I'm just wondering do we need a parallel commnunity effort

marilyn Cade:Understand that the Non Paper is the initial roadmap to what will be int the zero draft-- I assume all are understanding that?

Harold Arcos <Internauta Venezuela>:Thanks @judith

Veni Markovski:I have to leave as I said in the beginning - thank you all for good discussion!

judith hellerstein 2:Bye Veni. 

judith hellerstein 2:Thanks for your insight

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks @Veni

judith hellerstein 2:I think the ship may have sailed already

judith hellerstein 2:Is Marilyn still on the call?

Renate De Wulf:coming back

Marilia Maciel:Btw, Diplo did an interesting language processing analysis of submissions: http://www.giplatform.org/barometer#.VeoKyiiid4A.gmail

Bill Drake:Personally I don't think we need such an exercise focusing on the non-paper inputs. Let's see what happens with the zero draft.

marilyn Cade:I am not sure that an analysis will serve us now,as there will be other submissions later... for the response to the Zero Draft... It seems to me to be more important to focus on the Zero Draft... as there is limited time... perhaps we wait now and do an analysis  re the Zero Draft...

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:The Google DOC table which I am alluding to is on: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/123i-g_sjVt1YgvchJ11RA1QzWncjgZXVPyTkvKFTzuY/edit?pli=1#gid=0

marilyn Cade:Also, do review the summary from the Chairs as a backgrounder and the Non Paper. I would summarize that there are 5-6 key issues to look at from the governments.

judith hellerstein 2:I agree with Marilyn.  I think @nigel you are correct, This would be great idea, but not sure we have the bandwidth.

Gary Hunt - UK Government:I have to leave now... looking forward to the notes of the meeting... Many thanks all!

marilyn Cade:I look forward to participating remotely in the sessions if

Bill Drake:Sinapore better in all respects

marilyn Cade:time allows, as I hope to be in NY at the UN Stakeholder consultation.

judith hellerstein 2:The format in Singapore works better

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Gary thanks!

Bill Drake:the small group would be Conversation Starters, not Speakers

Bill Drake:someone frames a topic and tosses out a couple points for discussion

Marilia Maciel:A debate that has not appeared in ICANN is sustainable development, although many members in the community have an important role to play in reducing and smartly planning e-waste. We have a unique opportunity to raise it with the cross between Info sociaty and SDGs. But just a thought, I know it may be off the radar of this community :)

judith hellerstein 2:These are good topics and then we could link the SDGs to this

judith hellerstein 2:To frame the issue

Bill Drake:40 minutes on each of the two and then AOB

Bill Drake:or 35 min each and more AOB

Harold Arcos <Internauta Venezuela>:+1 @Mariilia

Bill Drake:and the IGF discussion could go beyond the Brazil program to larger processes and institutional issues, like the advent of intersessional work

Bill Drake:SD could be worked in as a topic in the WSIS conversation

Marilia Maciel:Sure. Agree

marilyn Cade:I must leave, but I support havign a brief segment on substainable development

Bill Drake:need new moderators

nigel hickson:@Marillia - agree; the "technology transfer" mechanisms to be agrred at SDG Summit will be potentially important for ICANN and Interent in general  

Bill Drake:F2F!

renata aquino: i'llsorry

Marilia Maciel:Yes

Bill Drake:http://intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/163

renata aquino:sorry will be leaving and get the notesoops

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:+1 @Bill

Bill Drake:you should update me on that and Cc Nigel who is the submitter and can edit the document

Bill Drake:we were encouraged to do a Roundtable, which the MAG saw as being 15 people

Bill Drake:not sure if chopping it after acceptance is good practice, sort of bait and switch

Marilia Maciel:My apologies, the expert paper is from David Sutter

Marilia Maciel:Linking SDGs and the WSIS review

judith hellerstein 2:can you post the link

Renate De Wulf:Next call will be on Wednesday September 23rd - mid afternoon UTC

Marilia Maciel:I will send to the list, Judith :)

Tom Dale (GAC Secretariat):Thanks to all

Marilia Maciel:Bye all!

Harold Arcos <Internauta Venezuela>:bye all

judith hellerstein 2:bye all

• No labels