Renate De Wulf:hello Olivier, Adigo will dial you now

rafik:can you hear me

Renate De Wulf:no Rafik

Renate De Wulf:do you need a dial out?

Judith Hellerstein:HI all

nigel hickson:renate; could I be called; sorry;  41 22 819 1859 thanks 

Renate De Wulf:OK Nigel

Judith Hellerstein:HI Olivier, I also reached out to At Large Staff to make this more visible within At Large as it does not get on the list of calls that go out each week

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Judith: thank you

Judith Hellerstein:Terri said they will liase with Renate to get it included going forward

marilyn Cade:sorry to be late joining. Thanks to Judith.

Bill Drake:the G77 and China doc is still not up

marilyn Cade:I would like to speak, when it works out, after Nigel's excellent summary

Judith Hellerstein:@bill there is a document from China up on the site. Is there a 2nd one scheduled to be up?

Bill Drake:yes

Bill Drake:it is quite different

Renate De Wulf:Marilyn, do you need a dial out?  Please give me a number?

marilyn Cade:so, maybe I can dial in...

marilyn Cade:202 360 1196

marilyn Cade:NO worries, really, I think these are excellent timelines...

marilyn Cade:but really, we had sufficient notice.

Bill Drake:you all would enjoy the Russian contribution

marilyn Cade:Let's not distinquish our timelines from the fullsome timeliens open to all...

Judith Hellerstein:yes. I did enjoy it and especially what they thought of icann

Bill Drake:We call for facilitating the process of gradual transfer of control over the domain names and IP addresses allocation functions towards the international control under the auspices of the United Nations (or its specialized organization), avoiding monopolization of the Internet resources governance.

Gary Hunt - UK Government:Will notes be made for distribution after this meeting?

marilyn Cade:I am reading all submissions, and whiel there are a few.. govts, there are many more friendly.. submissions, but Bill Drake, can we hear more about the view that you hold?

Gary Hunt - UK Government:Marilyn: are you saying the Govt submissions are unfreindly? ;)

Judith Hellerstein:the saudi arabia one is also interesting

Judith Hellerstein:NO the stakeholder meeting is oct 19 and the govt discussions are oct 20-22

Judith Hellerstein:China calls for a new form of multistakeholder participation with more  preference for national governments than other stakeholders

Rudi Vansnick:sorry was on a phone call , missed part of the discussion

Judith Hellerstein:It also seeks to have the UN create a convention on Cyber crime

PeterDT:I think a synthesis of position papers with commentary would be useful

Bill Drake:oct 20-22 is where the action will be

PeterDT:Nigel - is there an ICANN effort to reach out and collaborate with allies in a lead up to the next set of public meetings?

Judith Hellerstein:@PDT Veni is working closely with all the UN staff

Judith Hellerstein:and countires

Judith Hellerstein:*countries

nigel hickson:@Peter - yes we talk to folks in NY and Geneva

PeterDT:thanks Nigel: I had assumed so. what is the strategy that that collaboration seeks to achieve?

PeterDT:we had staff of one co-facilitator at the U.S. IGF in DC on 16 July

PeterDT:@judith thanks

Judith Hellerstein:There is a 16th contribution now listed. India has submitted one

Bill Drake:Council Working Group on International Internet-related Public Policy Issues is 1-2 October

Judith Hellerstein:WSIS CWG is Sept 29-30

Judith Hellerstein:Open consultation for CWG Internet is Sept. 28

PeterDT:sounds good Olivier

Gary Hunt - UK Government:Olivier: Suport from UK

PeterDT:another task is to share the information with the ICANN community and explain the ICANN position on this

nigel hickson:@Juidth - thanks for dates; a;; a bit confusing; will be a full week

Judith Hellerstein:There are 16 Govt proposals now with India

PeterDT:a wiki /spreadsheet laying out the various positions would be helpful- it doesn't have to include a critique

Judith Hellerstein:the open consultation for CWG is a few days earlier than the CWG Internet

Alexandra Dans:LACIGF finished yesterday. Today and until Friday we have the Fifth Ministerial Conference on the Information Society in Latin America and the Caribbean (eLAC) in Mexico City.

Bill Drake:@Gary happy to see UKgovt here :-)

Avri Doria:yes, could be very useful in gatyhering understanding.

Gary Hunt - UK Government:I thought we were always here? :)

Avri Doria:anyone who thinks it is pointless should not use it. or contribute to it.

PeterDT:not evaluate or critique

PeterDT:report and summarise

Judith Hellerstein:Yes I agree with @PDT

Judith Hellerstein:just a report and sumary is good

Avri Doria:and why is critque a problem.  could be useful to understand the various perspectives on the perspectives.

Gary Hunt - UK Government:I agree with Olivier... this would be an executive summary...

PeterDT:I think Marilyn's listing of sources is very interesting

Avri Doria:Of course ISOC often does one of these. Maybe they will also do one.

Judith Hellerstein:Has any one read the new contribution that is listed from India.  It seems to have just been posted

PeterDT:can the wiki include that as a feature?

Avri Doria:People have been wirting neutral synthesie for quite a while.  There is lots of expereince in doin gthis.

Judith Hellerstein:Yes criteria for developing the summaries

LynnSt Amour:Follow up by email would be helpful.

PeterDT:origin/category of submitter: govt, tech, civil society etc

LynnSt Amour:Consistency in review of @submission is quite critical

Judith Hellerstein:But we do need some categories, possibly wsis priorities, renewal of IGF, critical of ICANN

nigel hickson:Yes; would be good to do a bit more on "issues" for table 

LynnSt Amour:The matrix that ISOC did for WCIT (and later for ITU) might suggest some options: http://www.internetsociety.org/sites/default/files/WCIT%20Issue%20Matrix%20v2%2003-29-2012.pdf

PeterDT:thanks Lyn - just the kind of thing I was thinking of!

Bill Drake:agree +1 Lynn

nigel hickson:@Lynn - really great; remember this....

Judith Hellerstein:Yes I thought the ISOC matrix for WCIT was really very helpful

LynnSt Amour:It is quite a bit of work and consistency is key.

Judith Hellerstein:@1 Lynn's suggestion

PeterDT:I have to leave on the hour- can we schedule some planning for Dublin?

Bill Drake:Olivier send it to the list, there are only 12 voices here

LynnSt Amour:good suggestion Bill

Bill Drake:more time to breath

PeterDT:2-weekly calls suit me

LynnSt Amour:@PDT - me as well (tho I hope to be on vacation then ) :-)

nigel hickson:And me (on holiday)

PeterDT:vacation? what crazy idea is that? 😉

PeterDT::-)

LynnSt Amour:indeed - and it is getting more and more diffcult to escape the Internet's reach

Judith Hellerstein:Marilyn was talking about the synthesis on the non-paper

Judith Hellerstein:which she says is going to happen at the end of august

PeterDT:got to go people Thanks all

Judith Hellerstein:Bye PDT

LynnSt Amour:Thank you Olivier, all,

Rudi Vansnick:bye to all

Judith Hellerstein:Bye all

Gary Hunt - UK Government:Good afternoon!

nigel hickson:all the best

• No labels