Carlos Raul:should we give you half an hour for that????

Carlos Raul:sorry I coundt make it last week

Carlos Raul:hope to catch up now

marilyn cade:Hello to all. I see we are still gathering.

judith hellerstein:HI All

judith hellerstein:From DC

Peter DT 2:Folks may be interested in a seminar in DC this Friday on Internet Governance

Peter DT 2:Internet Governance, ICANN and Congress.Sucks: Where is Control of the Internet Going?

judith hellerstein:Yes and it will be livestreamed by ISOC at livestream.com/internetsociety

Peter DT 2:http://www.netcaucus.org/th_event/iana-functions-domain-dot-sucks/

judith hellerstein:Actually sorry it is livestream.com/internetsociety2

Sam Lanfranco:No echo at this end

Peter DT 2:Thanks Judith

nigel hickson:@Judith - Jamie Headlund Speaking

judith hellerstein:HI Jamie

judith hellerstein:on livestream.com/internetsociety we will be streaming a program from NYC on the impact of the internet onemployment

judith hellerstein:@mary was an amazing video that you were in on woman in internet governance

Carlos Raul:good question!

Peter DT 2:Link please Judith? sounds interesting

judith hellerstein:livestream.com/internetsociety

judith hellerstein:isoc has 3 channels, channel 2 has the icann event, main channel  has the impact of internet on employment

judith hellerstein:Can not hear Nigel well he keeps cutting out

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Nigel is sometimes cutting out, but I also think that there might be a lag between Nigel's connection and the AC room hence it takes a few seconds for his voice to reach us

Peter DT 2:Transition wont "fall apart"; even if it did, a "post mortem" would be helpful :-)

Carlos Raul:Hinojosa

marilyn cade:I agree with Peter. Falling apart is not actually in our plans, as we are the Internet crowd, after all.

marilyn cade:but yes, we will still need to do a workshop.

marilyn cade:The overviews were exceptionally useful, in my view.

marilyn cade:The participants at IGF may be even "newer" to the subject.

Peter DT 2:Good to see pro-process responses by Kavous,also  :-)

judith hellerstein:At the AIS, they gave a similar presentation, http://www.internetsummitafrica.org/components/com_jcalpro/slides/seun%20slides-%20icann%20day.pdf

Young eum Lee:Great to see the 'change' by Kavous.

Peter DT 2:@YEL   yes! 

Young eum Lee:I have noticed a change in his responses in the discussions in the mailing list also.

nigel hickson:@YEL - he has been positive in GAC as well.....

Young eum Lee:@Nigel - The change in his response actually is one measure of the 'success' of the whole process.

Peter DT 2:If it isnt clearer and simpler by November, we should be worried!

nigel hickson:@Peter - agreed; hopefully the propsoals will be submitted .....

Lynn St.Amour:even with the proposals submitted, how woud that chanage this workshop?

Peter DT 2:@ OCLB  accountability is an unending journey - there will always be time and a need to address accountability

Lynn St.Amour:ok, thanks

Young eum Lee:Great to see the effort for 'outreach.'

Lynn St.Amour: I thought I had effectively dodged this

Peter DT 2:;-)  Lynn  No rest for the skilful

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:;-) - brought back in LOL

Peter DT 2:Lisbon?

Lynn St.Amour:I think the key part of this presentation is the question above :  Why are these external events important for ICANN and the ICANN Community?"

Lynn St.Amour:and that would lead to how to help..

Carlos Raul:for the purposes of the GNSO liason, a very important question indeed

Peter DT 2:Are we ( for eg.) preparing a resolution or a declaration that would be ICANN position on this going into the UNGA?

Peter DT 2:OLCB  I think the NetMundial statemet is a good precedent to appy in this case

nigel hickson:Yes, ICANN is cooridnating position with I* folks - collective position

marilyn cade:I like using the NM statemet,and working from that.

Peter DT 2:@Nigel - but what is the process that ICANN has used to establish its position?

marilyn cade:If ICANN is developing a position, I am also curious about how ICANN is deeloping its position.

Young eum Lee:@Marilyn: you are talking about this group's submission to the NM process?

marilyn cade:We could use part of the session as we did in preparation for the NM, where we presented to the floor... and then took the sense of the room...

Lynn St.Amour:I like Marilyn's suggestion above

marilyn cade:right Young eum. We did not actually approve this via a vote from the SO/ACs but did a town hall..

marilyn cade:I think we are talkoing about something different than waht ICANN is developing with the I*s, though

Young eum Lee:Agree with Marilyn regarding taking the temperature of the room

marilyn cade:What are we talking about though? Telling the UN that WSIS +10 is...

marilyn cade:Okay, I need to speak now. Let's be sure we are clear on when and what is being talked about and when a statement is to be made. Is it the WSIS +10 UNGA

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@marilyn: you're next

Peter DT 2:There is no process for community contribution in this to the staff/Fadi position

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Peter: agreed

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:oops - dropped

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:could I receive a dial out again please

Sam Lanfranco:“taking the sense of the room” for me has two parts. I:  What do we not know about what attendees don’t know; and 2: what do attendees not know about what they don’t know? Be nice to capture some of that before the f2f, to get beyond restating the message in the absence of that context knowledge.

Peter DT 2:Good points Sam

Lynn St.Amour:hear you well

Peter DT 2:was great while it lasted!

Lynn St.Amour:lost you now

Lynn St.Amour:yes

Lynn St.Amour:we hear yoy

marilyn cade:Olivier, I like the idea of using the face to face to begin to work on this.

Young eum Lee:agree with Marilyn

judith hellerstein:love that expression dog's breakfast

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:(c) Cheryl Langdon Orr :-)

Lynn St.Amour:that works for me..

judith hellerstein:That works for me as well

Peter DT 2:Yes, Chair - will do!

Peter DT 2:Sumer?  January February?

Peter DT 2::-)

Peter DT 2:Mrilyn wants to talk polling....

Sam Lanfranco:If the BA f2f is treated as the start of (the next stage) of community consultation with Dublin & IGF as the targets, there should be an ongoing July-on consultation process…..including beyond the SOs and ACs.

Peter DT 2:Agree Sam

judith hellerstein:i heard this discussion in the mag and really did not understand what the purpose of this project was

Carlos Raul:Is the "member of the BoD" a title¨?

Carlos Raul:Wolgang ahs many

Carlos Raul:He is also NMI ambassador

judith hellerstein:Yes he really does

Lynn St.Amour:Thank you Olivier, good call

Peter DT 2:Thanks Chair, thanks staff - all. Bye

Young eum Lee:bye

judith hellerstein:Bye all

Sam Lanfranco:bye

marilyn cade:thanks, chair.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks everyone - progress made!

• No labels