judith hellerstein:HI All

judith hellerstein:HI Olivier

Bill Drake:is someone in a nursery?

nigel hickson:Sounds like a school....

judith hellerstein:yes. it does

judith hellerstein:must be Olivier as the school is muted when he mutes himself

nigel hickson:I can hear you!

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I have a baby in the room. Sorry for the bacjhground noise :-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:My little goddaughter

Alex Dans::)

Renate De Wulf:Olivier, Nigel has been dialed into the call and is available

Lynn St.Amour:Bill - item 2 says serve as a neutral clearlinghouse .. why not just be an open platform?

Lynn St.Amour:I will call in.

Lynn St.Amour:I may have voice now :-)

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:http://comments.netmundial.org/iv-scope-of-activities/

Bill Drake:feel free to read my chapter on institutionalizing the clearing house function in http://goo.gl/sRR01q

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Bill: thanks!

Lynn St.Amour:Yes, thanks Bill (and I just downloaded the Kindle doc :-)

judith hellerstein:welcome mary

judith hellerstein:Good questions Olivier

Bill Drake:@Lynn price is Bon Marché, no? :-)

judith hellerstein:Yes that would be great

Lynn St.Amour:@Bill - too early to tell - have not read it yet  -- but it seems very reasonable :-)

Bill Drake:sorry Lynn, you mean the government capacity development thing or the prior conversation?

Lynn St.Amour:prior conversation -- aka Kindle article

Bill Drake:okydoky

Lynn St.Amour:I believe the Dutch effort is also stepping into a crowded space - and not sure what value is (yet)

judith hellerstein:Can you notify us when a website is set up or ability to send in comments

Bill Drake:It's ok if they step "into" but I hope they do not step "onto"

Lynn St.Amour::-)

Bill Drake:OII? doesn't really do IG too much

Bill Drake:undoubtedly well intentioned but I just wonder if governments with deep pockets might not suck the energy out of the space

nigel hickson:Everyone loves IG....

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Oxford Internet Institute does IG

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:all aspects of IG

judith hellerstein:Can we discuss the schedule for the open public meeting and the working group

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:@Bill: as long as this initiative is not used to undermine other initiatives and already existing programs

Bill Drake:"ICANN Contribution to implementation of WSIS Action Lines; including the introduction of International Domain Names (ICANN).”

nigel hickson:@Bill - yes

Greg Shatan:All:  Since it looks like we may not have time for AOB, I wanted to introduce you to Vicky Sheckler from the IPC.  I have been stretched too thin to give this CCWG the attention and active support it deserves.  So, Vicky will be stepping up to be the official IPC member, and I will be stepping back (but not entirely out) to a less active status (Observer?).  It's been a pleasure. (And will continue to be, just in a more modest way.)

Lynn St.Amour:Welcome Vicky !

Bill Drake:Hi Vicky welcome

Bill Drake:it needn't be a really deep dive into details

judith hellerstein:Olivier-If you do not have the WSIS document I can send it to you

judith hellerstein:Welcome Vicky

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I have it somewhere

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:just can't fint it at the moment and we should have had it linked to the agenda

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Apologies

judith hellerstein:I know Marilyn Cade had some questions but was not able to make the call

Alex Dans:Sorry I have to leave now, thank you all!

Bill Drake:I think this needn't be overly complicated.  1) set up on MS process => 2) IANA effort => accountability effort => open Q&A

Mary Uduma:Welcome  Vicky

Bill Drake:maybe also a bit on efforts to globalize ICANN

Bill Drake:still a lot of poeple here prone to see it as fundamentally a US body

Lynn St.Amour:Thank you Olivier

nigel hickson:@Bill - agree!

nigel hickson:thanks

Bill Drake:thanks OCL

judith hellerstein:yes Nigel please send it to the list for the WSIS Forum, I will not be there but can contribute

Mary Uduma:Bye

judith hellerstein:bye all

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:bye all

judith hellerstein:Is there a skype chat for this WG?

• No labels