Leon Sanchez:Hello everyone

Marilia Maciel:Hello everybody

Leon Sanchez:Hello Marilia

Marilia Maciel:I dont see an option to connect my audio through the computer. Could you unable that?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I've enabled microphones for everyone on the Adobe Connect room

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:should be working now

Leon Sanchez:I don't hear anything. Is that correct?

Leon Sanchez:Now I hear

Marilia Maciel:Thanks, Olivier!

Marilia Maciel:Yes

Bill Drake:too much shouting in loud bars, Olivier?

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:IETF

Keith Drazek (RySG):I can hear you fine, Olivier.

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:and a very iunteresting session ISOC UK England had in parliament about Pervasive Surveillance

Marilia Maciel:There u go :)

Bill Drake:A number of people raising questions about the definitions in the comments

Bill Drake:Apprendix if anything methinks

Greg Shatan:I largely agree with Bill and Marilia.  Let's move the definitions to the end.

Greg Shatan:That said, the definition of the GNSO should be fleshed out a little bit -- at least to mention that it is a multistakeholder organization.

Marilia Maciel:Sounds great, thanks

Sarah Falvey - CRR/Google:I agree with Greg.

Greg Shatan:I will volunteer, since I made the suggestion....

Marilia Maciel:Yes

Marilia Maciel:This points are important. Just ned to be fleshed out

Alain Bidron:LACNIC definition is strange LACNIC is Latin America and Carebean not only SA

Michele Neylon:it's a wiki doc so it can be edited, can't it? :)

Marilia Maciel:Should we ask Aparna to elaborate?

Marilia Maciel:Ops, Naresh

Alain Bidron:Multistakeholders model allowing all USERS ? Users or actors or stakeholders ?

Kristina Rosette:Apologies for being late.  2-hour school delay this morning threw my schedule off.

Leon Sanchez:I agree with giving a wider scope to the msm rather than focusing only in ICANN

Bill Drake:minority statements could be a way...

Young-eum:I agree that we take a wider scope.

Marilia Maciel:We are also part of a larger community, even though ICANN may be the focus on envolvement. It makes sense to have opinions abt the larger ecosystem. It is what is expected from a contribution to a global meeting

Michele Neylon:What was the question about registrars?

Michele Neylon:Sorry - multi-tasking here

Leon Sanchez:actor rather than stakeholder as we are defining multistakeholder model could be better?

Marilia Maciel:Agreed, it is easier to change for stakeholders then to discuss the ontology of actors :)

Michele Neylon:got to jump off here - sorry

Marilia Maciel:I should we should keep it simple

Marilia Maciel:If we start to unfold categories is to complicate without real benefit to meaning imo

Greg Shatan:I forgot the academics -- a group defined elsewhere as a stakeholder group (but not in ICANN...).

Greg Shatan:Maybe we get rid of the list of stakeholders (or put it somewhere else, like the definitions).  I don't want to get in the way of our policy statements, which are the raison d'etre for this document.

Keith Drazek (RySG):I believe there was significant support on the list for Marilyn's point (and the points of others) that "bottom up consensus-based" IS an overriding principle. The MSM must be bottom up and consensus based to be legitimate.

Keith Drazek (RySG):It cannot be a top-down unilateral approach where the organziation (in today's form or any future form) is given license to make decisions that don't come from the community.

Keith Drazek (RySG):The organization should be a coordinator and facilitator in support of the community, not as a top down regulator or out-in-front trailblazer.

Keith Drazek (RySG):Yes, thanks Olivier.

Marilia Maciel:Guys, this is very important, but can we commit to transform these suggestions into next in the next 24 hours and move forward? We have so little time

Marilia Maciel:*into text

rafik:@marilia yes we have 2 days and we need to do editing and formatting

Alain Bidron:In the RIRs part  - Proposal - LACNIC : Providing services in  Latin American and Caribbean

Greg Shatan:+1 to Keith's comments.

Marilia Maciel:Marilyn suggested a paragraph on the IGF. I think it is important. I would volunteer to help with that

marilyn Cade - CSG:I must drop off at 10 but i am concerned that that CEO not advance without support.

David Maher (PIR):+1 to Keith's comments

marilyn Cade - CSG:I will add in on IGF .but welcome input from others.

Marilia Maciel:Great :)

Keith Drazek (RySG):I have to drop for the bi-weekly RySG call. I'll send some text.

Bill Drake:I'm getting confused...this document is supposed to be the community's feedback on the subjects of the Net Mundial, right?  So we are going to include in it internal ICANN politics and peoples' varying feelings about the management?

Sarah Falvey - CRR/Google:I agree with Bill

Keith Drazek (RySG):It's not about the management. It's about the principles for how the MSM should be structured and conducted -- bottom up and consensus based.

David Maher (PIR):+1 to Keith

Bill Drake:Understood Keith but it is in-house stuff

Bill Drake:I thought we did NOT want the SP meeting digging around in ICANN internal.

David Maher (PIR):It's not just in house - It's fundamental principle

Marilia Maciel:Than saying that is (MS bottom-up as principles) all we need. Not get into concrete issues with the chair. It is important, but not the place to complain

Sarah Falvey - CRR/Google:I think we just need to be careful how specific we get. I think the highlevel points are relevant but we don't want to get into the weeds I think

Bill Drake:and now we're going to use the occassion to vent on ICANN internal?

marilyn Cade - CSG:for Friday call: topics confirmed, but we also have ICANN Monday session.

Marilia Maciel:I agree with Sarah

Kristina Rosette:I would be happy to help with that.

Bill Drake:We all have issues....should NC insist on language about Trademark + 50?

Greg Shatan:There is a balance to be struck between affirmative statements and washing dirty laundry.

Bill Drake:Right Greg

Bill Drake:We are there addressing the world's governments

Bill Drake:we want to say we support the model, we support a nonfragmented net, etc.

Bill Drake:but to get into our problems with leadership style etc. would just be throwing red meat in front of the Russians etc.

Sarah Falvey - CRR/Google:apologies I need to drop.

Kristina Rosette:Agree with Bill (w/r/t red meat comment).

Alain Bidron:Agree with Bill

Leon Sanchez:I agree with Bill

marilyn Cade - CSG:how can we say is final? so much information wil be new. so our views will be preliminary /subject to further input?

marilyn Cade - CSG:perhaps I was misunderstood,

Bill Drake:Marilyn we could say it's final if we limited ourselves to a few truly consensual points, no?

marilyn Cade - CSG:no,not finsl.

Leon Sanchez:We need to make decisions because we're out of time. I call for consensus on whether the document is to be sent as preliminary or final but with reserve to be expanded on basis of new information

Leon Sanchez:We must excercise the model we're describing here!

marilyn Cade - CSG:identifying range of items,but not trying to be decisional.

Bill Drake:we could not 'finally' say we support a single unfragmented Internet?

Young-eum:I

Bill Drake:that we believe MS > ML for governance of critical resources, names numbers?

Bill Drake:That we support human rights, diversity, apple pie?

Young-eum:I think the proposal is a very good one.

Marilia Maciel:Good suggestion, Olivier (possibility to expand)

marilyn Cade - CSG:that is a base line, beyond that, and how rest of X support.

Greg Shatan:A statement in the document is a good idea.

Kristina Rosette:I'm happy to help edit, but I can't take the lead, unfortunately.

Greg Shatan:I can be part of the editing team.

Michele Neylon:sorry - had to drop off

Marilia Maciel:I can volunteer to help. Same as Kristina

Leon Sanchez:Ideally we should just be fine tuning the paper on friday's call

Young-eum:Thanks, everyone!

Marilia Maciel:Thanks, Olivier

Marilia Maciel:Thanks everybody, bue!

Marilia Maciel:bye

Evan Leibovitch:Bye

Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thanks to all of you

Bill Drake:ok...

• No labels