Gisella Gruber: (2/27/2018 20:48) Welcome to the Cross Community Committee on Accessibility Call on Tuesday 27 February 2018 at 21:30 UTC

Gisella Gruber: (20:49) Agenda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_Nhu8B&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=w3n3uNqLNd2OJI1Nx_71hEy83pEsfPYm81RFE4Zmk40&s=rSFHZG4oXeQhbiiAkfEV3BR5sYXtpv3r3d9u-kXHDkM&e=

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:29) Hey Everyone!

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:30) It is very late in Europe indeed. :)

judith hellerstein: (21:30) I cannot get the call feature to work correctly

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:30) I had some sound issues earlier - would be glad to do audiocheck

judith hellerstein: (21:30) Great got it fixed

judith hellerstein: (21:30) I think that Joly is going to come on the call

Alan Greenberg (ALAC Chair): (21:31) Dina, for At-Large calls, 11:30 is not late!  ;-)

Gunela Astbrink: (21:31) Hi everyone

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:31) Alan, luckily RDS call kept me awake!

Heidi Ullrich 2: (21:32) Welcome, All.

Gunela Astbrink: (21:32) BTW, this is an usually good time for me in Australia :-)

judith hellerstein: (21:33) yes but it far too late for Muhammad Shabbir

judith hellerstein: (21:33) He is in Pakistan

Gunela Astbrink: (21:33) It's difficult to find a good time for everyone

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:34) :-)

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:35) If my sound is not working, I will use the chat - indeed, this will be a year of linux on the desktop.

judith hellerstein: (21:35) Can you unsynch the agenda

Alan Greenberg (ALAC Chair): (21:35) Sarah's surname mis-spelled in attendance list.

Gisella Gruber: (21:36) @ Alan - all corrected

judith hellerstein: (21:36) apologies from Muhammad Shabbir. he sent these to me

Gisella Gruber: (21:37) @ Dina - we can dial-out to you for this call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:37) Thanks Judith Noted

Gisella Gruber: (21:37) @ Judith - noted thank you

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:37) Gisella, yes, let us do that!

Gisella Gruber: (21:37) Please private chat me your number and the operator will call you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:37) Correct Alan

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:38) Alan, you wish for no review of last year's work s acknowledged and will not be brought up on this call.

Gisella Gruber: (21:38) We are dialling out to Dina

Gisella Gruber: (21:39) Dina has joined the audio bridge

judith hellerstein: (21:42) HI Gisella, Joly was trying to get in but has not been allowed

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:44) AC has been a bit difficult recently it seems

Gisella Gruber: (21:44) Joly McFie has joined the call

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:44) Welcome Jolly so sorry for the gremlis with the AC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:44) and misspellings ;-)

judith hellerstein: (21:45) int he past we had a couple of other active people

judith hellerstein: (21:45) such as Glenn, Greg Shattan, Muhammad and many others

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:45) please do

judith hellerstein: (21:46) It was not a conscious decision as I was never told this

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:46) Yes, that was understood - now we might well have potential for more active participation.

judith hellerstein: (21:46) I have been a long time member and never rememebered it beign a choice of it

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:47) Yes, accessibility culture changed radically over years!

Gunela Astbrink: (21:47) I can't remember this decision. Is this in any transcripts?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:47) Alan please go back to Gunela next and check with Joly

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:48) and now Judith

judith hellerstein: (21:48) I agree there was never a decisions that i recall

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:48) Coordination on ICANN level no - cross-community collaboration faciliation and coordination of that effort, yes.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:48) eventually

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:48) do check with Joly

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:49) Yes, Alan, that is what I meant.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:49) and go to Judith

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:49) Yes, Gunella - that is how I understood it.

judith hellerstein: (21:50) I can also try and address it

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (21:51) please do so Judith

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:51) Engagement?

judith hellerstein: (21:51) HI dina, I am on the ccwwg and and was on the writing group to get a new name for it

judith hellerstein: (21:52) He is ISOC NY

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:52) You have attracted them, Alan - and now we would like to contribute.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:52) There is not charter for this group?

judith hellerstein: (21:58) So is accessibility

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (21:59) I am glad we all support transparency.

judith hellerstein: (21:59) it is in the byelaws as awll and is a legal obligation

judith hellerstein: (22:00) we need to strive for universal design

judith hellerstein: (22:00) I agree with everythign that Gunella is talking about

judith hellerstein: (22:02) Yes that is call blogs about the success

judith hellerstein: (22:02) I would love to have this at the TTF .We talked about this for a long time but have not had a person to take this on

judith hellerstein: (22:04) @joly we need to bring this up in the TTF

judith hellerstein: (22:04) we may do this so let's talk off line about it

Joly MacFie: (22:06) Apologies foor distracting

judith hellerstein: (22:06) Muhammad Shabbit told me he would like the calls to be more active and the group to be more active

judith hellerstein: (22:07) He apologiezes that he could not be on the call but it was way past midnight

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:07) And with minimum beurocracy, as you said Alan - but following the rules

Joly MacFie: (22:07) Function would seem to be butt kicking.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:07) Let's focus on future active work.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:07) Joly, indeed.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:08) Cheryl, you can do a lot at this point already - by engaging more actively.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:10) We are looking backwards, which I was instructed against.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:10) As I am not allowed to talk on the subject, please focus on future work.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:11) That is a most polite request to you as Chair.

judith hellerstein: (22:11) Gunella is also a long term member

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:11) Ok, I see - from that perspective it was quite useful, thank you.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:11) Please be civil.

judith hellerstein: (22:12) So is Joly

Gunela Astbrink: (22:12) No, I wasn't at that meeting

judith hellerstein: (22:13) I think we need to do a new survey as this one is very old

judith hellerstein: (22:17) I may not have been there or maybe it was that time when I got lost getting to the meeting in morocco

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:17) So, is it ok for the group to draft the survey asap? There hardly can be objection to survey for the members.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:17) We have 33 members, 67 on the mailing list.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:18) Ohh that wiki BETA and draft  comes back to bite us again

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:18) I wish that was never published!!!!!!

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:19) Why can't we keep it up to date? We are happy to help.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:19) If given access to help with the list administration etc.

Heidi Ullrich 2: (22:19) This  is the case for many of the WGs. However, staff continue to work on updating the lists with approval of the Chairs.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:19) your hearing it from 3 or 4 People Alan

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:19) Heidi, ok, great!

Heidi Ullrich 2: (22:22) There was agreement during ICANN 53 that this group would meet only f2f.

judith hellerstein: (22:22) Heidi I do not recall this

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:22) obviously

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:24) Yes, it also eases the burden of actively chairing the committee.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:25) Let's be constructive, no sarcastic comments and hear each other out!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:25) Thank you for recognising the milestones again Gunela

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:27) Where was the sarcasm?  Dina

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:28) Yes, gaining volunteers is to be appreciated and supported by all means possible

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:28) Alan, were any of my suggestions good?

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:28) I listed quite a lot of proposals.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:29) Refreshing the membership is great, thank you!

judith hellerstein: (22:29) we will pass it on to our growing ISOC accessibility issues

judith hellerstein: (22:30) You know I am always trying to get captions for all video that is produed

judith hellerstein: (22:30) this captioning is required by law

judith hellerstein: (22:30) so it cannot be cut

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:30) More active engagement with Committee membership doesn't require budget.

judith hellerstein: (22:33) Yes and me for RTT and captioning

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:35) You can not call for disbandment and then not deal with that

judith hellerstein: (22:36) Can we change the time so it does not conflict with the CCWG Auction proceeds

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:36) Yes, I know :)

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:36) Of course not.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:37) It is withon the ALAC's jurisdiction to do so Alan but I see no benefit in doing so

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:37) Yes, but I have no mandate to act - ask and support the work being done.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:37) Ok, Alan, let us proceed in that logical order.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:37) It makes sense.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:37) That is well said.

Gunela Astbrink: (22:38) @Alan, your proposal sounds reasonable

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:38) Ok, great!

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:38) I can mail my suggestions to the list.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:38) I don't beleive so either

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:39) Rememebr no decision will be taken at ICANN 61

judith hellerstein: (22:39) thanks

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:39)  just a discussion of a way forwar

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:39) forwaed

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:39) Please define limited participation.

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:40) Ah! :)

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:40) heh

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:40) What about our GAC advisor?

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:40) Is it still relevant?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:40) and with todays turn out I fear for viability

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:40) yes

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:41) That is great, thanks!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:41) If we serve no purpose  then we need to know  if we are effective or not that can be analysed

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:42) That is exactly what I suggested.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:42)  and some of us will always have influence as established thought leaders

Dina Solveig Jalkanen: (22:42) Many thanks, yes!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): (22:42) BYE

Gunela Astbrink: (22:42) Thank you. Bye

Gisella Gruber: (22:42) Thank you all

• No labels